The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

It's hard to put into words how disgusting I find this.

I thought Hannity pushing that story so had in the first place was reprehensible. I didn't think he/they were actually directed to do so by the Trump White House. The more I think about, the more plausible it seems. A bunch of conspiracy theorist-loving nutters pushed a fake story about a murdered staffer to score political points.

My God.....I've watched that clip now 3-4 times and still can't believe this is where we are at. This is right along the lines of what a dictator would do.

Let's not forget that the same week this was started, the administration threatened reports that they would be prosecuted if they work with a leaker.

Those two things together are pretty scary to me.

• Fire 3

Senior Editor-at-Large at Breitbart

President Donald Trump’s decision to part ways with Steve Bannon can be understood as an effort to save his presidency after Charlottesville. It may turn out to be the beginning of the end for the Trump administration, the moment Donald Trump became Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Bannon was not just Trump’s master strategist, the man who turned a failing campaign around in August 2016 and led one of the most remarkable come-from-behind victories in political history. He was also the conservative spine of the administration. His infamous whiteboard in the West Wing listed the promises Trump had made to the voters, and he was determined to check as many of them off as possible. Steve Bannon personified the Trump agenda.

With Bannon gone, there is no guarantee that Trump will stick to the plan. That is why — too late, in retrospect — conservative leaders wrote to the president Friday to advise him that Bannon and campaign manager-turned-counselor Kellyanne Conway were too valuable to lose. Bannon had delivered for the movement, reportedly convincing President Trump to withdraw from the Paris Climate Accords, and to visit Israel on his first trip abroad.

Bannon was also probably the only person who could deliver honest advice and criticism to the president, because he did not need the job. He is a self-made man, and not a Washington climber. Thus it was that Bannon reportedly told Trump that firing former FBI director James Comey would be more trouble than it was worth. He was right.

• knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine