The Republican Utopia

I only blame the people who are still defending him today. I'm figuring everybody else has figured it out and we're all on the same team now. Resist.

The issue I have with those of you calling out/blaming Trump voters is that you no longer accept that there is even another opinion other than the one you bought and sold to one another. Though, you don't have to, there are a thousand facts, blogs, and opinion tweets/FBs easily accessible that align with your own and the ones that do not must be evil. It is a cult of personality with a doctrine as dangerously unstable and hypocritical as the worst religious movements and all done in the guise of making the world a better for place for those that you have deemed worthy.
You have become the monster you fought to defeat and are becoming the fascist oppressors and are wholly incapable of seeing it.
  • Fire 3

I only blame the people who are still defending him today. I'm figuring everybody else has figured it out and we're all on the same team now. Resist.

The issue I have with those of you calling out/blaming Trump voters is that you no longer accept that there is even another opinion other than the one you bought and sold to one another. Though, you don't have to, there are a thousand facts, blogs, and opinion tweets/FBs easily accessible that align with your own and the ones that do not must be evil. It is a cult of personality with a doctrine as dangerously unstable and hypocritical as the worst religious movements and all done in the guise of making the world a better for place for those that you have deemed worthy.

You have become the monster you fought to defeat and are becoming the fascist oppressors and are wholly incapable of seeing it.

Facts that don't align with my opinion change my opinion. Because they're facts.

The rest of what you said is also pure fantasy. You clearly don't spend a lot of time conversing with people who aren't Republicans, since you've painted such a wholly inaccurate picture of them.

For most issues that Democrats and non-Republicans care about, they want people to not be oppressed. What Republicans call religious freedom is really the right to tell gay people they're not allowed in certain stores or able to get married. This idea you have that non-Trump Republicans are oppressors comes from the same part of the brain as that idea.

• Fire 2

I totally understand/accept that there are many other opinions. Nobody here on this board influences me, and I'm not ignorant enough to not look at opposing views and try to understand them.

I'm not sure where you stand on things politically GM - are you watching the actions taken by leadership and seeing their comments and behavior and not growing concerned? If you aren't why? And if you are, that's all I'm saying. I am having a hard time with anybody (R or D ... Trump/Hillary/Other voter) not seeing some of the moves as aggressive and against our way of life and what we stand for.

I can totally admit that I had issue with Trump from the beginning because his core beliefs do not align to mine at all. His politics and behavior on the trail only cemented my feelings, and his actions and the people he has surrounded himself with the last 4 days has confirmed it even more - don't think that makes me a monster or facist oppressor (seems like a dramatic accusation to me).

I am alarmed, but I don't think I'm an alarmist (if that makes any sense).

The rest of what you said is also pure fantasy. You clearly don't spend a lot of time conversing with people who aren't Republicans, since you've painted such a wholly inaccurate picture of them.

Paint my picture.

I voted for Trump.

I am for the Immigration Reform/Wall

I am for Business Tax Reform

I am for imposing taxes on goods from US companies shipping their facilities/workers overseas

I am for repeal/replace of ObamaCare

I am for Infrastructure big spending

I am for strengthening the Military

I am not for oppression of US citizens

I am not for censure of press

I am not for kicking out legal immigrants

Am I afraid that we are going to become Nazi America? No. Am I afraid that by promoting America First that we will weaken our stature globally? No.

What do you see? Someone that should be called out on a message board for hoping that the above things come to fruition? Someone who should cower in fear based on the rabble rabble talk of doom and gloom?

Edit: Or do you just see a f'ing moron Trump voter?

• Fire 2

I totally understand/accept that there are many other opinions. Nobody here on this board influences me, and I'm not ignorant enough to not look at opposing views and try to understand them.

I'm not sure where you stand on things politically GM - are you watching the actions taken by leadership and seeing their comments and behavior and not growing concerned? If you aren't why? And if you are, that's all I'm saying. I am having a hard time with anybody (R or D ... Trump/Hillary/Other voter) not seeing some of the moves as aggressive and against our way of life and what we stand for.

I can totally admit that I had issue with Trump from the beginning because his core beliefs do not align to mine at all. His politics and behavior on the trail only cemented my feelings, and his actions and the people he has surrounded himself with the last 4 days has confirmed it even more - don't think that makes me a monster or facist oppressor (seems like a dramatic accusation to me).

I am alarmed, but I don't think I'm an alarmist (if that makes any sense).

If some are alarmed at what they see, then I have no issue with that. I can understand that such strong beliefs exist against Trump. But there are strong beliefs for Mr. Trump and his agenda to MAGA. My deal is that I find it unfortunate that every person on this board that voted for Trump is being blamed for x y and z and need to "own up to your vote". Voters being narrowed into a certain "group"...labeled...etc...hrm

If I see anything that would cause me to totally switch my stance on owning my vote, I will let you know.

I am registered R and voted for Trump...and voted twice for Obama btw.

Edit: I am keeping the Santa hat on my pic until Trump is impeached. ;)

I obviously can't respond back to everyone here, but I'll try and give a brief example since someone pointed out that he had his platform and so did the GOP and I knew it or should've known it going in.

I don't agree with some of that, because I never heard ANYWHERE Trump say, "I plan on violating federal employee's first amendments rights and don't want the EPA or other entities speaking on matters that matter to the public, in my first days in office."

That's pretty short and sweet, but that's one example of some stuff I didn't see coming necessarily. Never imagined it to be honest and it's complete horse$hit that he's pulling that. Maybe I was being short sighted there, but I don't remember seeing anything like that. I also knew he had an icy relationship with the press, but from what I've seen he's not going to let that get better, it's already getting worse and that's B.S. as well. I've also spoken my peace about him and social media, it's not necessary and it needs to stop. It can only go wrong and has been going wrong..........I'm not thrilled with SOME of the stuff I've seen. There are some things I like though if I'm being honest.

• Fire 2

I don't agree with some of that, because I never heard ANYWHERE Trump say, "I plan on violating federal employee's first amendments rights and don't want the EPA or other entities speaking on matters that matter to the public, in my first days in office."

I am waiting on the fact check for this. It was reported on CNN tonight that the 'silencing' of Gov't Agencies is Status Quo during a Presidential Transition.

http://fortune.com/2017/01/24/trump-gag-order

"It's not clear how long these gag orders will remain in place, or whether they are simply designed to freeze activity until President Trump's hand-picked staff can issue new regulations for those agencies for posting on social media and interacting with the public."

• Fire 1

Paint my picture.

I voted for Trump.

I am for imposing taxes on goods from US companies shipping their facilities/workers overseas

Am I afraid that we are going to become Nazi America? No. Am I afraid that by promoting America First that we will weaken our stature globally? No.

What do you see? Someone that should be called out on a message board for hoping that the above things come to fruition? Someone who should cower in fear based on the rabble rabble talk of doom and gloom?

You want to build a 10+ billion dollar wall? Mexico isn't paying for it, so you don't mind taxes raised to support it?

You don't think that's going to raise the price the consumer pays for those imported goods? You wouldn't mind paying more for clothing, cars, etc.?

The question is whether they'll replace Obamacare with something that will actually lower health care costs and doesn't leave those depending on it s*** out of luck.

The military doesn't get enough funding? Are you okay with seeing funding for science get stripped away from those areas so it can go to a wall and the military?

• Fire 2

I obviously can't respond back to everyone here, but I'll try and give a brief example since someone pointed out that he had his platform and so did the GOP and I knew it or should've known it going in.

That's pretty short and sweet, but that's one example of some stuff I didn't see coming necessarily. Never imagined it to be honest and it's complete horse$hit that he's pulling that. Maybe I was being short sighted there, but I don't remember seeing anything like that. I also knew he had an icy relationship with the press, but from what I've seen he's not going to let that get better, it's already getting worse and that's B.S. as well. I've also spoken my peace about him and social media, it's not necessary and it needs to stop. It can only go wrong and has been going wrong..........I'm not thrilled with SOME of the stuff I've seen. There are some things I like though if I'm being honest.

While you may not have know this exact order & timing of events, I think it is disingenuous to say Trump or the GOP had to be this explicit in order for you to have any idea about this type of behavior. I am making this statement since you strike me as having good critical thinking skills... I am not trying to single you out and pile on, so I won't belabor the point. I appreciate your continued participation in this thread!

*** In the interest of full disclosure, I do question how someone who can string three or more words together ends up in Iowa. ;P I say this as someone with family there (broken branch of the family tree as it were...)

• Fire 1

Paint my picture.

I voted for Trump.

I understand why you and others are attracted to some of his policies. I disagree with most of them but I can at least understand where you are coming from. What I struggle to understand is how his character flaws aren't a deal breaker. For me, it's been evident since the beginning that he is an immature, narcissist that constantly flip-flops on his stances. Add on his bigotry, corruption, and inexperience and I find it difficult to see how someone could believe that he is fit to be the leader of the free world.

• Fire 3

While you may not have know this exact order & timing of events, I think it is disingenuous to say Trump or the GOP had to be this explicit in order for you to have any idea about this type of behavior. I am making this statement since you strike me as having good critical thinking skills... I am not trying to single you out and pile on, so I won't belabor the point. I appreciate your continued participation in this thread!

*** In the interest of full disclosure, I do question how someone who can string three or more words together ends up in Iowa. ;P I say this as someone with family there (broken branch of the family tree as it were...)

Lol, it's hard, but somehow I work through the inbred to make it work! :lol:

I'll completely admit that I knew that this whole press situation was going to go ugly. I was hoping once he was sworn in as president some things would change there, but it's obvious that it's not going to. I will say that the press deserves some of this to some extent because of how they've "reported" things for years. I'm not talking about "fake news" but more how they stoke the flames when they get the chance when they report things.

I still stand by that I never seen him putting a gag on departments like the EPA. Obviously we knew he wasn't going be a proponent for the environment, but I didn't think he'd go that far.