The Republican Utopia

C'moooooooonnnnnn!!!!

GAH. I don't want to condemn you guys. Tood, BRI, I love you guys. You're good people, and I totally buy the explanation that you want fiscal responsibility and no illegals entering the country. Tax reform, honesty in government, end of wastefulness, those are all logical and normal wishes.

But you have got to stop defending Trump. Whatever your personal politics choices are, this guy is not aligned to you. You're good, decent, honest folks. You know Trump is not that.

Policy and ideological beliefs are one thing. In your heart of hearts, you know Trump isn't going to get you what you want.

• Fire 2

The rest of what you said is also pure fantasy. You clearly don't spend a lot of time conversing with people who aren't Republicans, since you've painted such a wholly inaccurate picture of them.

Paint my picture.

I voted for Trump.

I am for the Immigration Reform/Wall

I am for Business Tax Reform

I am for imposing taxes on goods from US companies shipping their facilities/workers overseas

I am for repeal/replace of ObamaCare

I am for Infrastructure big spending

I am for strengthening the Military

I am not for oppression of US citizens

I am not for censure of press

I am not for kicking out legal immigrants

Am I afraid that we are going to become Nazi America? No. Am I afraid that by promoting America First that we will weaken our stature globally? No.

What do you see? Someone that should be called out on a message board for hoping that the above things come to fruition? Someone who should cower in fear based on the rabble rabble talk of doom and gloom?

Edit: Or do you just see a f'ing moron Trump voter?

Not going to reply to every bullet 'cause I'm on my phone in a bathtub waiting for it to fill up with water. Clearly HB is too much of a priority.

Anyhow, I agree with some of them. The very second Wal-mart started having their goods made in factory conditions that are illegal here (and some of those by children) we should have disallowed it or imposed huge tariffs. I will never shop there and try to avoid chain stores whenever I can. Not only did they do all of that but they lied about it all through the 80's and even promoted their "American" made goods.

I think you probably don't read a lot of posts here because I don't recall calling Trump supporters morons. I often do differentiate Trump voters and Trump supporters. I understand Trump voters because I'm pro-Life, but I don't agree with them because it's low on my list of priorities.

When I think "Trump supporter" it's those people who blindly follow and support every single thing he says and does, no matter how awful. Based pn some of what you posted here you don't seem to be that. Yea, you support him, but you don't fall into the blind follower category. Yes I think those people are morons. For the record I know Democrats who do the same thing for anyone with a (D) by their name. I do strongly disagree with many of your points and strongly disagree with you supporting him despite what I think are unforgivable flaws.

If you've made it this far... I also want to add this topic is more about oppression by the government and I just don't see how Obama did anything similar to what Trump has done/said and says he intends to do. It's not about what random Trump fans think or in the case of your reply what non Trump fans think.

If your reply is in any way about science, if scientists seem snooty/judgemental it's usually because they've been studying their field for years/decades and then an actress who majored in dating an actor in such films as Cable Guy and The Mask comes along and says "Vaccines cause Cancer derp derp" and creates a huge following. Stuff like that is enough for anyone to tear their hair out. And then there's B.O.B. arguing with Neil DeGrasse Tyson that the earth is flat.

Now scientists who specialize in one field and think they know everything about everything are another matter.

After saying I wouldn't reply to every bullet I've still managed to write an essay.

• Fire 2

C'moooooooonnnnnn!!!!

GAH. I don't want to condemn you guys. Tood, BRI, I love you guys. You're good people, and I totally buy the explanation that you want fiscal responsibility and no illegals entering the country. Tax reform, honesty in government, end of wastefulness, those are all logical and normal wishes.

But you have got to stop defending Trump. Whatever your personal politics choices are, this guy is not aligned to you. You're good, decent, honest folks. You know Trump is not that.

Policy and ideological beliefs are one thing. In your heart of hearts, you know Trump isn't going to get you what you want.

Not completely he's not, but I suppose I haven't seen a President yet that is going to get me everything that I want. There are a few good things I like, several bad things I don't like, I personally don't think he'll last 4 years. Too much baggage at this point, but like I said before, I couldn't vote for Hillary, but that doesn't mean I feel awesome about voting for Trump either. I certainly don't feel swell about it after the past few days, but I can't take it back now. The problem is, as you've seen, I'm labeled in some way now, I'm not asking for sympathy, just saying is all.

You have become the monster you fought to defeat and are becoming the fascist oppressors and are wholly incapable of seeing it.

I could not sum up the Republican politicians any better than that. And the Democratic politician are not far behind on the same road.

C'moooooooonnnnnn!!!!

Not completely he's not, but I suppose I haven't seen a President yet that is going to get me everything that I want. There are a few good things I like, several bad things I don't like, I personally don't think he'll last 4 years. Too much baggage at this point, but like I said before, I couldn't vote for Hillary, but that doesn't mean I feel awesome about voting for Trump either. I certainly don't feel swell about it after the past few days, but I can't take it back now. The problem is, as you've seen, I'm labeled in some way now, I'm not asking for sympathy, just saying is all.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I think voting for him is one thing. Agreeing or disagreeing, supporting or criticizing, defending or opposing him or his policies is something else entirely. You can say you voted for him and wouldn't change that vote and simultaneously oppose his gag order. You don't have to be all in or all out.
  • Fire 3

Of course, nobody saw the gag order for the EPA coming. But, what sorts of things did we expect to happen with a vindictive, petty, narcissistic, fragile, insecure baffoon with hostility and animosity towards not just the press, but the first amendment itself, in the oval office?

Trump's policy will, as long as he's President, be at least a decently accurate reflection of his personality. He's a despicable man, imo. His ability to govern is not separate from that; it stems from it.

I vascilate a bit on this - I certainly don't think the dreamers should be deported. I also don't believe we should identify entire countries that are not allowed into the US. I think we are so sheltered that many people have turned a blind eye to the horrific conditions that some are trying to escape from.

I'm trying to formulate an opinion about the other stuff.

Quick question, what's everyone's problem with enforcing our immigration laws?

You mean our current laws or whatever it is Trump's trying to do? Because those are two very different things.

For example - Trump's Muslim ban excludes countries where he has business ties. Do you agree or disagree with this selective enforcement? Do you think this is an ethics violation?

Quick question, what's everyone's problem with enforcing our immigration laws?

You mean our current laws or whatever it is Trump's trying to do? Because those are two very different things.

For example - Trump's Muslim ban excludes countries where he has business ties. Do you agree or disagree with this selective enforcement? Do you think this is an ethics violation?

Do you have a source that shows he is excluding countries where he has business ties and including countries where he doesn't? Are we really to believe his immigration and anti terrorism positions are based on his personal business interests? Seems like kind of a stretch.

• Fire 1

I'm with zoogs. If someone is still unabashedly behind or supportive of their choice in the face of all this (dewiz, for example), then that deserves calling out. I haven't seen BRI comment much about his feelings in hindsight now, other than to say he doesn't support ______. The argument is that he voted for that - so lets have an open conversation about whether he agrees or disagrees that he voted for the thing he is saying he doesn't support, and why.

For example, I don't support killing innocent civilians in drone strikes. But I supported Obama. Is that a contradiction?

Intriguing question, I'll attempt at fielding it.

Are drone strikes part of the Democratic Party's agenda as a whole that the entire party is working to support or are drone strikes something that each occupant of the Oval Office for the foreseeable future is going to have to handle, regardless of party affiliation? Is it contradiction or is it an unfortunate by product that the office has right now?

I think all of us can discern that there are things our favorite Presidents have done that we don't agree with. if you think critically It's an interesting question, however I think you could ask yourself "Is this something that comes with the territory? Or is it part of the platform and agenda of a political party?"