The Republican Utopia

12 minutes ago, zoogs said:

How about you keep your public $100 donation and vote NO on the tax bill instead, Senator Flake?

Or perhaps we have very different definitions of "Country over Party".

*Not that his open endorsement of Doug Jones for AL Senate isn't both commendable and extraordinary. 

Not voting for a pedophile is apparently a heroic act these days. Way to lower the bar, GOP. 

• Plus1 4

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would love to be discussing the merits of tax cuts. 

But......this is just disgusting. 

This is pathetic -     Ann Coulter wrote a book some time go calling  Democrats 'Godless'.    Well, Repubs it appears,  like to take on the form of godliness but denying the power of it.

This party is sounding more and more like how the apostle Paul described false teachers (think our politicians) and others in the 'last days':

2 Timothy 3
New International Version

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

Edited by TGHusker
40 minutes ago, zoogs said:

How about you keep your public $100 donation and vote NO on the tax bill instead, Senator Flake?

Or perhaps we have very different definitions of "Country over Party".

*Not that his open endorsement of Doug Jones for AL Senate isn't both commendable and extraordinary. 

At the same time, I don't expect Jeff Flake to vote against what I deem atrocious conservative policy. I earnestly do wish he'd vote no on this tax deal and stand by his scruples about the deficit. A handshake deal from Donald Trump isn't exactly a rock-solid commitment. Likewise, I wish he'd vote no on some of these completely unqualified ideologue jurists Trump is trying to pack the courts with. I wish he'd see things differently and not try to set healthcare backwards or slash vital assistance programs for the poor.

But I just don't think that's very realistic. So I suppose we should bide our time and do everything possible to flip his vacated seat next year.

Maybe I'm a sucker, but it feels like picking our fights and taking small wins where we can get them. He's the only of his Republican Senate colleagues to actually say "You can't vote for this guy, go vote for Doug Jones." Let alone cutting him a check.

For all my reservations about Flake, I'd like to shake his hand and say think you for displaying some degree of moral fiber. Sadly, it's not something very many of his colleagues can offer at the moment.

• Plus1 1

Roy Moore says Soros will go to hell, and it's because Soros is Jewish. 

The other half of that story is that it's a Breitbart-fueled conspiracy theory.

Roy Moore is honestly one of the more disgusting, disreputable human beings imaginable. He's about to become a Senator because we suck.

• Plus1 5

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Soros might be....but he might want to talk to ivanka. 

Pretty damming video and discussion.   I agree with Romney - Ray Moore would be a stain on the Republicans if voted to the Senate.  Again, repubs are selling their soul to get a republican vote in the senate.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Pretty damming video and discussion.   I agree with Romney - Ray Moore would be a stain on the Republicans if voted to the Senate.  Again, repubs are selling their soul to get a republican vote in the senate.

So....let's just back up a minute and look at this from 10,000 feet above.

Republicans rant on and on about how the Democrats don't stand with Israel and how Democrats don't understand and do what is necessary to protect these jewish people.

Meanwhile, the Republicans are going to vote into the Senate someone who OPENLY has said that jews are going to hell.

It is absolutely mind blowing.

• Plus1 3

Yes BRB, I use to think Orwellian double speak was a craft that was perfected by the Democrats.  However, I think the repubs have outdone the dems in this black art.  How many pretzels can the republicans make out of one issue - very many it appears --  as they twist themselves with convoluted and  incoherent reasons for backing Moore.  These pretzels will shatter in 2018 elections. 

• Plus1 1

turned on rush for a minute...he was screaming about the only collusion going on was between the FBI and the intelligence agencies as a partisan attempt to get rid of trump.  and when i say screaming....i mean he was actually screaming into the mic.   he has gone full mad dog crazy to defend his boy donnie.

3 minutes ago, commando said:

turned on rush for a minute...he was screaming about the only collusion going on was between the FBI and the intelligence agencies as a partisan attempt to get rid of trump.  and when i say screaming....i mean he was actually screaming into the mic.   he has gone full mad dog crazy to defend his boy donnie.

Maybe he just realized if he yells loud enough he can finally hear his own voice again.

Unsurprisingly, Paul Ryan wants to begin his taking a hammer to Medicare in order to try to trim the national debt, to which he and his colleagues are planning to add around $1.5T or so shortly.

Surprisingly, he's announcing it out loud. And he thinks Trump is coming along.

I hope those donor bucks were worth it. If this is actually the road we're going down, 2018 will be an absolute bloodbath.