The Republican Utopia

Ben Sasse knows how to plaster a pretty image on rote Republican orthodoxy. This is a hell of a thing for him to say in response to Jeff Flake's measly, symbolic donation towards Doug Jones' Senate campaign in Alabama:

Import to note also that he is throwing around a charged political term, not a medical one: https://www.npr.org/2006/02/21/5168163/partial-birth-abortion-separating-fact-from-spin

Some of the first responses to this tweet point out that the term is a fiction, and I think that's probably a reasonable characterization. Which makes Sasse's point disingenuous at best....and as for any bit of his anti-Moore performance before or since, this should make it clear where his heart is.

Edited by zoogs
  • Plus1 2

Steve King in march:

Steve King today:

Wow, he's consistent!

Steve King is a Republican congressman serving as one of the 435 members of the U.S. House of Representatives.

He's gotten here because of, not in spite of, the sentiments expressed above. And that says a lot more about us than it does about him. At least it says a lot about Iowa. Good job, Iowa's 4th. Way to go.

• Plus1 1

Boy, it sure would be sweet if Doug Jones found a way to pull out Alabama on Tuesday. I'm not counting on it, but you never know.

If he does, I can always look back on this egregious load of crap and smile about the time Donald Trump tried desperately to get the people of Alabama to put a pedophile and hateful, wrongheaded bigot in the Senate... and failed.

• Plus1 1

You know politics has taken a nutty turn when Sir Charles is hitting the campaign trail.

I've learned a bit more about his cultural views from what I've seen of him when he's not doing NBA stuff recently, and I think overall I just appreciate Charles' awareness of the world around him and his desire to at least engage with it in an attempt to make it a better place.

Also, strong words from an Alabaman:

• Plus1 2