The Republican Utopia

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

WOW...wow....wow....

How much does Trump love his daughter?

My God why do people cheer this piece of crap on???

Assuming Trump doesn't swing at this: either he has no spine, or he is okay with his daughter being a political pawn.  Not sure there is any middle ground.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is what this country has come down to.  We're legitimately holding our breath hoping a state doesn't elect a pedophile to the Senate, and it's a close thing because the pedophile's opponent is a "liberal."

Well, that's because all those "liberals" support those gay preverts.....at least that's what the voters hear from the poolpit.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is what this country has come down to.  We're legitimately holding our breath hoping a state doesn't elect a pedophile to the Senate, and it's a close thing because the pedophile's opponent is a "liberal."

Look at the power structure supporting the pedophile.

POTUS is championing him with tweets, rallies & robocalls and the broader GOP is silent, hoping they can quietly sneak him into the Senate for a reliable vote on taxes and judicial nominees.

There have been, what, TWO GOP Senators that have said they wouldn't vote for Moore? Only one of them said vote for the other guy?

What a sad state of affairs.

• Plus1 2

The sad thing is that Doug Jones could win this and nobody will know his name.  Roy Moore has gotten so much press, and an uneducated person not paying attention to the facts will have just been bombarded with one name.  That person goes to the voting booth, sees a name they know, how likely are they to vote for him?

This is the problem the press has with covering creeps like this, and it's why we got Trump.  The press spills so much ink covering all the crazy crap these people do that they don't bother to refute them or explain in detail why the things they say/do are bad. 

Trump's bombast throughout the campaign just put his name in front of people, and the press was complicit in it. 

• Plus1 4
28 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The sad thing is that Doug Jones could win this and nobody will know his name.  Roy Moore has gotten so much press, and an uneducated person not paying attention to the facts will have just been bombarded with one name.  That person goes to the voting booth, sees a name they know, how likely are they to vote for him?

This is the problem the press has with covering creeps like this, and it's why we got Trump.  The press spills so much ink covering all the crazy crap these people do that they don't bother to refute them or explain in detail why the things they say/do are bad. 

Trump's bombast throughout the campaign just put his name in front of people, and the press was complicit in it. 

I totally agree. I feel really bad for Doug Jones. If he wins, the pundits will say "He was up against a pedophile, so of course he should have won." And if he loses, he'll forever be the guy who lost to Roy Moore, one of the most polarizing political figures in modern history. I feel like I should send the poor guy a nice bottle of bourbon or something.

• Plus1 1

And for all the tears spilled over "liberal" media bias, the fact is that Conservative media has successfully weaponized information. This isn't just bad reporting, it's willfully intentional misleading the audience if these things aren't connected.

An example from my personal life. Talking to my dad at Thanksgiving about the internet, I brought up the Net Neutrality stuff going on in the news.  He's a Fox News watcher, exclusively, and he had NO IDEA what I was talking about.  Never heard about the issue, had no idea it was happening, nothing.  Fox and Conservative media have hidden this topic from half of America.  

• Plus1 3
55 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

There are a lot of issues with where we're at right now as a society that we need to deconstruct and learn from. 

This is one of them.

The sheltering by conservative media of their audience from actual issues that aren't good for the brand, as you laid out above, is another.

Edited by dudeguyy
Words
  • Plus1 1