The Republican Utopia

This article gives good reason why the Dems could take down Ted Cruz in the next election.  Besides not being a very likable person, his #s are dropping in Texas and the Dems have a good potential candidate to take him out.   Cruz upset Trump supporters wt his non-endorsement at the convention and then he upset the never trump repubs by his reversal. Trying to have it both ways you end up wt nothing.

http://theweek.com/articles/743119/democrats-should-after-ted-cruz

These are the people Republicans are voting for.  Roy Moore lost by less than 2%.  This guy defeated an incumbent Democrat. 

What are you doing, Republicans?  For the love of all that is holy, don't elect his wife!!!

A Kentucky lawmaker accused of molestation commits suicide. Now his widow wants his seat

He eked out a victory over the Democratic incumbent, Linda Howlett Belcher — a retired principal he called “Lyin’ Linda Lou” — winning 9,342 votes to her 9,186 votes.

But Johnson had his own record of dubious claims.

He claimed he had healed the sick and raised the dead. He claimed he had set up “safe zones” in Los Angeles during the 1992 riots. He claimed he served as a White House chaplain under multiple presidents. He claimed he served as an ambassador to the United Nations. He claimed he set up a morgue and gave last rites to the dying in New York outside the collapsed World Trade Center towers on Sept. 11, 2001.

But in a seven-month investigation published Monday, the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting couldn’t find evidence that Johnson’s stories about himself were true.

What the small journalism nonprofit did find was “a trail of police records and court files, shattered lives and a flagrant disregard for truth.”

In the 1980s, police investigated Johnson on suspicion of destroying his car in an arson because he needed insurance money. Criminal charges were dismissed after he completed a six-month pretrial diversion program.

Then, in 2000, an arsonist burned down Johnson’s church, and insurance investigators discovered it was deeply in debt. A secretary accused Johnson of financial misappropriation. Johnson blamed the Ku Klux Klan. No charges were filed.

Johnson rebuilt the church, which would later be cited by the state for unlicensed liquor sales at a bar inside. Johnson called church drinking “communion.”

At boozy church gatherings, Johnson would sometimes kiss young women on the lips, the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting said.

In the story’s most explosive allegation, a woman named Maranda Richmond accused a drunk Johnson of digitally penetrating her while she was 17 and sleeping on a couch at Johnson’s church on New Year’s morning in 2013.

Richmond, now 21, complained to police later that year, but no charges were filed.

When the journalists’ investigation came out Monday, state lawmakers again called on Johnson to resign. He refused.

In a news conference at his church on Tuesday, Johnson told reporters that “anybody that has gotten wobbly in how they’re standing with me in the political ranks, they need to toughen up a little bit.”

But on Wednesday, it appeared Johnson’s internal defenses were crumbling.

In a final Facebook post, Johnson said he had “24/7” post-traumatic stress disorder after the Sept. 11 attacks and “cannot handle it any longer,” according to WDRB-TV. (The post appears to have been taken down or is not publicly available.)

The post also denied the molestation claim and said “only GOD knows the truth, nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this type of judge and jury fake news. Conservatives take a stand.”

Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell told WDRB-TV that Johnson had killed himself on a bridge in Mount Washington, Ky.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:13 PM, zoogs said:

American paradise. #freedom

As someone who works in healthcare, this makes my blood boil and my heart weep.

This may not matter to some folks, but scientists and medical professionals... the very people who enable these health initiatives and are affected by them - are yelling about this, as they have been about the Trump administration's utter hostility to good scientific principles for quite some time.

They're silincing inconvenient science. Setting partisanship aside, ANYONE who does this should be called out, and people should freak the f#ck out about it.

Edit: A Reddit user stated it better than I could hope to. Some NSFW language:

I'm a medical writer and educator, I work with medical information and documentation every day. This is just simply insane. Concepts such as "transgender," "fetus," and even "entitlement" are part of the basic vocabulary of contemporary medicine. "Vulnerable" has some easy work-arounds (eg, "high risk"), and "evidence-based" could also be replaced with more specific terminology without any great loss. 

But Jesus ... these people are really insane. I would be getting out of this country if I could. 

It's hard for me to understand why the CDC can't say "evidence-based." I sort of understand the ideology behind "diversity" and "transgender," but I don't really get the removal of the term "evidence-based." 

Edit: After reading it again, the "evidence based" line is acutally the most disturbing to me. The CDC is instructed to say instead "based on evidence but with consideration of community standards." This is f'd up. The CDC should base its recommendations on the strength of the available evidence, not whether it's going to offend the yokels. 

Of all the crazy and f'd-up stuff this administration has done over the last year, this makes me the most angry and also the most sad. It's like watching someone shoot himself in the head in real time. This is what happens when people say "both parties are the same."

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 2

Sarah Palin is saying Track Palin suffers from PTSD from his time in Iraq (where he did at least one tour, but I think more than one?). If so, it's a reminder that the traumas of war can affect anyone, from any family, anywhere, any time.  If we're going to send our troops off to war, it is our responsibility (through our elected officials in congress & the White House) to take care of what happens to them after it's done. 

The Veteran's Administration has been a mess for a long, long time - several decades.  It needs to be overhauled and the sooner the better. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Sarah Palin is saying Track Palin suffers from PTSD from his time in Iraq (where he did at least one tour, but I think more than one?). If so, it's a reminder that the traumas of war can affect anyone, from any family, anywhere, any time.  If we're going to send our troops off to war, it is our responsibility (through our elected officials in congress & the White House) to take care of what happens to them after it's done. 

The Veteran's Administration has been a mess for a long, long time - several decades.  It needs to be overhauled and the sooner the better. 

It definitely sounds like a very sad situation.