The Republican Utopia

Yes, even though there is a bipartisan bill that would fund both out there right now with the votes it needs to pass.  Congress won't vote on it, though, because the Republicans need to hold CHIP hostage so the full budget bill can be passed.

The ridiculous thing is, the funding for Trump's Wall is in that bill, which is why the Democrats don't want to approve it.  And they shouldn't. 

• Plus1 2

27 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Meant to put this in Trump's America...

Wait...a baby is allowed to be born in the 9th month??  What is this, Russia?   Why are we allowing this??   Those stupid liberal states.  We need to fix this NOW.  No more births from the womb in the 9th month.  

• Plus1 5

I think it is a sign of dementia - despite what his doctor said.  That was a pretty bad slip of the tongue - saying birth instead of abortion. 

What are the first sign of dementia?
  • Subtle short-term memory changes. Trouble with memory can be an early symptom of dementia. ...
  • Difficulty finding the right words. ...
  • Changes in mood. ...
  • Apathy. ...
  • Difficulty completing normal tasks. ...
  • Confusion. ...
  • Difficulty following storylines. ...
  • A failing sense of direction.
  • Plus1 1

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I think it is a sign of dementia - despite what his doctor said.  That was a pretty bad slip of the tongue - saying birth instead of abortion. 

What are the first sign of dementia?
  • Subtle short-term memory changes. Trouble with memory can be an early symptom of dementia. ...
  • Difficulty finding the right words. ...
  • Changes in mood. ...
  • Apathy. ...
  • Difficulty completing normal tasks. ...
  • Confusion. ...
  • Difficulty following storylines. ...
  • A failing sense of direction.

s#!t! I'm not even 30 yet and I have all of those...

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wish American voters had good memories. 

i don't blame the democrats nor the republicans.   it's trump who wanted this shutdown.   there was an agreement between the republicans and the democrats that set trump into a s#!t hole frenzy.   concessions from both sides but trump didn't approve so here we are.   of course each side will blame the other but it really lies at the feet of the great negotiator IMO.   he said he would sign anything they agreed to...they agreed...and he got furious because he wanted this shutdown.  

Edited by commando
  • Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, commando said:

i don't blame the democrats nor the republicans.   it's trump who wanted this shutdown.   there was an agreement between the republicans and the democrats that set trump into a s#!t hole frenzy.   concessions from both sides but trump didn't approve so here we are.   of course each side will blame the other but it really lies at the feet of the great negotiator IMO.   he said he would sign anything they agreed to...they agreed...and he got furious because he wanted this shutdown.  

Yep. Pretty much nailed it. Of course McConnell had the power to put up a more moderate CR that pleased both sides & he'd probably have the votes he needed from a handful of the more moderate Dems & Lindsey Graham... but I digress.

They had a deal, then people like Tom Cotton, Stephen Miller & John Kelly got in his ear & he flip-flopped. It's the human element of governance & one of Trump's many flaws.