The Republican Utopia

Compare this, wherein Paul Ryan makes a promise to a Dreamer who is worried about being deported that she doesn't need to worry about any deportation force

"Dreamer: Do you think I should be deported? Paul Ryan: No."

"I'll even repeat the sentiment our incoming president says... is that is the problem he wants to focus on. This is not the focus... and so what we have to do is find a way to make sure that you can get right with the law, & we've got to do this is a good way so that the rug doesn't get pulled out from under you & your family doesn't get separated. That's the way we feel and that is exactly what our new incoming president has stated he wants to do... I'm sure you're a great contributor to [your] community, and we don't want to see you get separated from your family."

"But if you're worried about, you know, some deportation force, you know, coming, knocking on your door, don't worry about that."

"I think we have to come up with a solution for the DACA kids, & that is something we in Congress & the Trump transition team are working on, is what's a good, human solution."

TO THIS:

The truth is the government could be up and running, fully funded right now, if Paul Ryan weren't such an astounding moral coward & two-faced liar. He lied to that girl in that town hall audience & he's lied to all  of us. He bricked the bipartisan deal because he was too afraid to stand up to the far-right bloc in his own House & say we're protecting the Dreamers.

But he's sure willing to cloak himself in a flag & hide behind the troops while he tries to pin it on Democrats who tried to make him keep his word.

Paul Ryan is an absolute fraud.

And, not to kick the guy while he's down, but...

The Kochs donated half a millions dollars into his coffers after he passed his tax bill.

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, Moiraine said:

They're now using the "it'll hurt the veterans" tact.

Even though we could easily reduce military funding without taking a cent away from military personnel. For some reason a government shutdown delays military paychecks.

And yet when an attempt was made to insure those folks in the military continue to be paid if there is a shut down:

The turtle is completely open to holding children or military members as hostages to get what he wants.  Shameful.

• Plus1 2