The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is just sickening.

the republicans have the votes to fix it if they wanted to...but the republicans will use it as a bargaining chip and blame the dems for it's failure if the dems don't take whatever poison pill comes along with fixing this.

Edited by commando
49 minutes ago, commando said:

the republicans have the votes to fix it if they wanted to...but the republicans will use it as a bargaining chip and blame the dems for it's failure if the dems don't take whatever poison pill comes along with fixing this.

Pretty sick but this is where we're at.

Governance by suckerpunch.

Can someone explain to me how this Makes America Great Again?

These guys were responsible for a huge data breach affecting millions of Americans' private data, but there isn't going to be an investigation or prosecution?  Yet, these are the same Republicans demanding investigation after investigation into Hillary.  How do Republican voters justify this in their heads?

• Plus1 3

Trump conflating love of country for love of him. Were Democrats failing to applaud his racist agenda to actually be treason, half the House would be guilty of treason during every State of the Union address for the past century, probably longer.  For certain the "you lie" guy would have been executed already if failing to pay respect to the president was treason.

• Plus1 7

Interesting watch tonight on PBS called American Experience - The Gilded Age. I would recommend it.

I was surprised how similar thing were then, to present day.

Evan back in 1896 the issues, political agendas/parties , money in politics , citizens more powerful than the President (JP Morgan etc ) , class separation, poverty, deregulation, economic strategies, social issues, were a lot the same. Still two very different ideas on how to make America great too.  

Edited by Big Red 40
  • Plus1 1

This is a good example of why people think Trump is a cruel, heartless thug. He & the GOP either don't know or don't care how badly moves like these are perceived. For a man born with a massive silver spoon who lives in a golden tower to propose cutting heating assistance to the poor, disabled & needy shows what a monster he is. Judd Apatow said it better than I could.

• Plus1 1