The Republican Utopia

57 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Big different from the Nixon era.  As I recall, there were many repubs standing wt dems to voice their disgust of Nixon, the Sat night masacre, and all things Watergate.   Today's Repub party has picked a pretty low hill to die on.

Back then the news was news.

What's surprising is how many people who lived through it are duped by Fox.

Then you have younger people who google search for what they want to hear.

I don't think our government/country will withstand things if they stay this way or get worse. I kinda wonder about the world too because a lot of other countries are susceptible to the same problem. They just don't all have their version of Trump (yet).  There's not a huge chasm between having a population that doesn't know what's real and having government controlled media.

12 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Good God almighty they're just the worst people imaginable. This is now the second person joke around at a dying man's expense.

This comes after the fit that was just thrown over the 'perfect smokey eye' jokes. There are so many inconsistencies with this administration it is maddening.

15 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Good God almighty they're just the worst people imaginable. This is now the second person joke around at a dying man's expense.

I see comments similar to this on twitter and I dismiss them as trolls and bots. Then later in the day on a talk radio show I hear how the conservative host is very upset because a bunch of people are texting in these same kinds of comments. What a bunch of s#!tty people.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

So they either weren't invited or they all said no.

Also, if this is about military spouses (not wives), why aren't there a few men?

Because the 1950s culture was the most correct culture & the one to which we must return. Men are off at work & women only leave the kitchen when they can be trotted out for ceremonial functions like these. Back when everyone knew their place.

Even if they shoot the moon & miss, fallback is we just wind up with Reagan-era culture.

• Plus1 1