The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Remember when Hillary Clinton engaged in personal enrichment by PERSONALLY selling the Russians 20% of our uranium?

I'm guessing the people who do have no complaints about Qatar having our Middle East guy in their pocket.

No wonder it is 'failing' - look at that address   666 Fifth Avenue    :ahhhhhhhh

Trump and family will use every opportunity to use govt to proper their family interests.

There never seems to be a timeframe for the America we want to return to; the "Again" part of Make America Great Again.

If you could nail it down, you could review the policies in place and we could replicate them.

But I think we all know why that's so awkward. If we're going back to the "Leave it To Beaver" era, we would need to significantly raise taxes on the wealthy, celebrate science, take leadership in global treaties and diplomacy, invest heavily in infrastructure, and return to the economic model where the CEO makes 57 times more than his average worker, rather than 1,000 times more. 

The Republican Utopia is a Thomas Kinkaide painting. You don't have to spell it out — you just know there are no people of color or off-brand religions in that idyllic town that doesn't exist. 

MAGA is about nothing more than returning to that simpler time when no one had to apologize for white privilege. 

• Plus1 4
50 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

No wonder it is 'failing' - look at that address   666 Fifth Avenue    :ahhhhhhhh

Trump and family will use every opportunity to use govt to proper their family interests.

FYI, turns out 666 was a mistranslation, the number of the beast is actually 616:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/revelation-666-is-not-the-number-of-the-beast-its-a-devilish-616-5349692.html

39 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

39 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Ok what building does Trump and family owe at 616...:D

47 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I guess there has been some discussion if one dose a search on this topic . 

Here is a long article and I copied the conclusion after it.  (But we are getting a wee bit off topic)

https://www.endtime.com/blog/666-or-616-the-number-of-the-beast/

And his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” This statement from the last days’ prophecy of Revelation 13 gives a clue to the identity of the antichrist. God’s stated purpose in this verse is that we understand it correctly. This is especially true for those of us who live in the days immediately preceding the coming of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, some have questioned the accuracy of 666 as the number of the beast. Some have suggested that 616 is the real number. However, the majority of almost 300 Greek manuscripts, including the oldest and most valued, along with the evidence of early church writings and translations, all stand together as a great witness to the authenticity of 666 against a rather small set of four manuscripts and one early writer that make their claim for 616.

16 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I guess there has been some discussion if one dose a search on this topic . 

Here is a long article and I copied the conclusion after it.  (But we are getting a wee bit off topic)

https://www.endtime.com/blog/666-or-616-the-number-of-the-beast/

Oh My.....

I got to thinking about this when I was reading your post.  What if the number really is 616 and Trump was born on June 16th.

So....I looked...HE'S CLOSE....He was born on June 14th.

I could start believing he's the antichrist.  

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think the antichrist is supposed to be well-loved. Maybe whoever saves us from Trump will be the antichrist.

Image result for trump evangelicals praying

He seems well loved by those who believe they're closest to God. 

15 minutes ago, Fru said:

ok, universally loved then. The antichrist will probably not be someone the majority consider to be an asshole. and a world leader. The world thinks Trump is a dumb ass.

18 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There never seems to be a timeframe for the America we want to return to; the "Again" part of Make America Great Again.

If you could nail it down, you could review the policies in place and we could replicate them.

But I think we all know why that's so awkward. If we're going back to the "Leave it To Beaver" era, we would need to significantly raise taxes on the wealthy, celebrate science, take leadership in global treaties and diplomacy, invest heavily in infrastructure, and return to the economic model where the CEO makes 57 times more than his average worker, rather than 1,000 times more. 

The Republican Utopia is a Thomas Kinkaide painting. You don't have to spell it out — you just know there are no people of color or off-brand religions in that idyllic town that doesn't exist. 

MAGA is about nothing more than returning to that simpler time when no one had to apologize for white privilege. 

giphy.gif

I'd add that the disparate GOP factions have different endgames, but even the ones that DON'T necessarily want what you described are OK pandering to the voters who do to achieve their own ends.

It's a big part of why the modern day GOP is where it's at.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Fru said:

Don't be confused on who those people are. People actually close to God might have love for Trump as a human being we're called to love like anybody, but few of them are supporters or fans of his.

56 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Don't be confused on who those people are. People actually close to God might have love for Trump as a human being we're called to love like anybody, but few of them are supporters or fans of his.

I think you're giving people too much credit. Obviously there are some out there who will pray for everyone, including their enemies. But many of these people think God helped Trump get elected. I've posted quotes before of some of these people who pray with Trump who've said, while praising Trump, that it just didn't feel the same with Obama.

It was pretty hysterical when Trump was inaugurated how many people on my FB friends posted that they're praying for him and how many of them said the same for Obama. (That would be zero).

• Plus1 1