The Republican Utopia

Oh and memo to any/all "pro-family" Republicans reading this...

You cannot call yourself "pro-family" and support the Trump administration's policy of taking children away from their parents.  The fact that they are illegal immigrants does NOT make it okay.

And if you are one of the 55% of Republicans who do support this policy, then you are a heartless monster and you should take a long, reflective look into the mirror, search for your soul, and ask the god you pretend to believe in for forgiveness.

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Oh and memo to any/all "pro-family" Republicans reading this...

You cannot call yourself "pro-family" and support the Trump administration's policy of taking children away from their parents.  The fact that they are illegal immigrants does NOT make it okay.

And if you are one of the 55% of Republicans who do support this policy, then you are a heartless monster and you should take a long, reflective look into the mirror, search for your soul, and ask the god you pretend to believe in for forgiveness.

Reading this with the giant smiley emoji next to it is priceless.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, commando said:

Q.   what kind of idiots believe this load of BS? 

A.  trumpers!

Just because an organization has a noble name doesn't mean it's effective at a noble cause.

There are too many different cultures globally to believe that human rights is a unified effort.

• Plus1 1

Scathing tweet thread from 'former' GOP strategist Steve Schmidt.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-strategist-quits-apos-corrupt-135557288.html

Veteran GOP strategist Steve Schmidt renounced his Republican Party membership on Wednesday and pledged to vote for Democrats in an effort to preserve “what is right and decent” in the United States.

In a series of scathing tweets, Schmidt blasted the GOP as “corrupt, indecent and immoral” and “fully the party of Trump.”

“It is filled with feckless cowards who disgrace and dishonor the legacies of the party’s greatest leaders,” tweeted Schmidt, an MSNBC political analyst who has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump. “Today the GOP has become a danger to our democracy and our values.”

Schmidt, who served as an adviser in the George W. Bush White House, strongly condemned the Trump administration’s policy of separating families caught illegally crossing the border into the U.S.

“This child separation policy is connected to the worst abuses of humanity in our history,” he tweeted. “It is connected by the same evil that separated families during slavery and dislocated tribes and broke up Native American families. It is immoral and must be repudiated.”

Schmidt, who said in July that Trump had the “impulse control of a little child,” joins a growing chorus of political pundits and lawmakers to rebuke the administration’s practice of separating children from parents facing prosecution for illegally crossing the border.

(TG:  It must be my browser that is keeping me from getting this copied and paste correctly (Firefox))

29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.

11:41 PM - 19 Jun 2018

It is corrupt, indecent and immoral. With the exception of a few Governors like Baker, Hogan and Kasich it is filled with feckless cowards who disgrace and dishonor the legacies of the party’s greatest leaders. This child separation policy is connected to the worst abuses of

Humanity in our history. It is connected by the same evil that separated families during slavery and dislocated tribes and broke up Native American families. It is immoral and must be repudiated. Our country is in trouble. Our politics are badly broken. The first step to a

Season of renewal in our land is the absolute and utter repudiation of Trump and his vile enablers in the 2018 election by electing Democratic majorities. I do not say this as an advocate of a progressive agenda. I say it as someone who retains belief in DEMOCRACY and decency.

On Ronald Reagan’s grave are these words. “ I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.” (TG: If you know anything about Reagan, he would be turning in his grave to not see what the modern GOP has become.) He would be ashamed of McConnell and Ryan and all the rest while this corrupt government

Establishes internment camps for babies. Everyone of these complicit leaders will carry this shame through history. There legacies will be ones of well earned ignominy. They have disgraced their country and brought dishonor to the Party of Lincoln.

I have spent much of my life working in GOP politics. I have always believed that both parties were two of the most important institutions to the advancement of human freedom and dignity in the history of the world. Today the GOP has become a danger to our democracy and values.

This Independent voter will be aligned with the only party left in America that stands for what is right and decent and remains fidelitous to our Republic, objective truth, the rule of law and our Allies. That party is the Democratic Party.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, TheSker said:

Just because an organization has a noble name doesn't mean it's effective at a noble cause.

There are too many different cultures globally to believe that human rights is a unified effort.

That is probably true.  But, it is also true that you don't continue to advocate for, and advance, human rights by withdrawing from it.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

That is probably true.  But, it is also true that you don't continue to advocate for, and advance, human rights by withdrawing from it.

If it's true.  And you indicate it probably is.....then withdrawing might actually make the proper statement.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

If it's true.  And you indicate it probably is.....then withdrawing might actually make the proper statement.

Making the proper statement would be to work harder and reaffirming our commitment to make sure we're doing all we can to protect and expand human rights--not only here in the US, but across the world. 

Corollary: You don't stop giving to charity because we haven't eliminated hunger.    

4 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Making the proper statement would be to work harder and reaffirming our commitment to make sure we're doing all we can to protect and expand human rights--not only here in the US, but across the world. 

Corollary: You don't stop giving to charity because we haven't eliminated hunger.    

But you pick which charity or charities are most effective at your cause.

How many charities would you guess exist to fight hunger?

Hint:. A whole big gob of them.

You may believe in gun rights, but not support the way the NRA handles the cause.

It's not about the broad label.

It's about effectiveness.

7 hours ago, TheSker said:

it also happens to be the day after they scolded the united states for kidnapping children at the border.  this administration once again denying any wrongdoing while people within the untied states and outside from other countries recognize that what we are doing is F#%@ing evil.  it's actually right that we as the former leading human rights nation in the world withdraws from there when we currently are engaging in some very unethical crap.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

But you pick which charity or charities are most effective at your cause.

How many charities would you guess exist to fight hunger?

Hint:. A whole big gob of them.

You may believe in gun rights, but not support the way the NRA handles the cause.

It's not about the broad label.

It's about effectiveness.

And I'm saying you can't be effective if you don't participate.

i can't believe i agree with the leader of iran on anything....but in this case i have to agree.  thanks trump.  giving rogue nations the morale high ground makes you very special.  the biggest kind of special.  many are saying it.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-immigration-iran/iran-leader-criticizes-separation-of-immigrant-parents-and-children-in-u-s-idUKKBN1JG2R2

“Seeing the images of the crime of separating thousands of children from their mothers in America makes a person exasperated,” Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said, according to his website. “But the Americans separate the children from the immigrant parents with complete maliciousness.”