The Republican Utopia

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Let them compare.

They got the ruling they wanted, this is what happens.

Good point.

40 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Not sure where to put this but I laughed.

If Ryan's going to use his infamy to meet famous people, he deserves to be bashed in front of his kids.

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Not sure where to put this but I laughed.

Rogen got to express his opinion directly to Ryan.  Good for him.

If I'm in Ryan's shoes, I quickly file it in the who gives a rat's hindquarters category.

Very "mature" move by Rogen, but what I'd expect from Hollywood.

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

If I'm in Ryan's shoes, I quickly file it in the who gives a rat's hindquarters category.

Seems to be where he files most things concerning other people.

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Don't they call Washington DC Hollywood for ugly people?

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

I don't feel sorry for her. She was requested to leave because of her actions and lack of moral fiber. Not because of the color of her skin, her country of origin, he religious beliefs, her gender, or her sexuality. She is not an average citizen, and should not expect to be treated as such. Shut up and go hide in the bushes, unless you're going to reflect on the constant lies that come out of your mouth.

I don't feel sorry for her either.  It's funny...Trump Republicans seem to be in favor of, and 100% okay with discrimination until it happens to them.  Then suddenly discrimination is "outrageous" and "wrong."

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Landlord said:

That's more or less true of all of us as human beings.

This is a load of bologna. There are lots of people who aren't okay with discrimination, and I'm using the normal definition here. Not the one you used (which almost no one who talks about discrimination ever actually means by it) that was something like (paraphrasing) "I discriminate against Whole Foods by not shopping there."

dis·crim·i·na·tion
dəˌskriməˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun

"the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex."

Being "100% okay with discrimination " is not true of all or, I hope, even most human beings. Maybe we are all guilty of inadvertently discriminating against other humans, but that doesn't mean we're okay with discrimination. The decent ones of us stop if we realizing we're doing it ourselves.

40 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This is a load of bologna. There are lots of people who aren't okay with discrimination, and I'm using the normal definition here. Not the one you used (which almost no one who talks about discrimination ever actually means by it) that was something like (paraphrasing) "I discriminate against Whole Foods by not shopping there."

Being "100% okay with discrimination " is not true of all or, I hope, even most human beings. Maybe we are all guilty of inadvertently discriminating against other humans, but that doesn't mean we're okay with discrimination. The decent ones of us stop if we realizing we're doing it ourselves.

What I meant (without communicating all that well, admittedly) is that we are all inconsistent and pick and choose the things to be outraged over. The point of chimi's post was pointing out hypocrisy, and the point of my response was that we're all plenty hypocritical. 

I agree with your assessment of that being true of most human beings, including Trump Republicans.

30 minutes ago, Landlord said:

What I meant (without communicating all that well, admittedly) is that we are all inconsistent and pick and choose the things to be outraged over. The point of chimi's post was pointing out hypocrisy, and the point of my response was that we're all plenty hypocritical. 

I agree with your assessment of that being true of most human beings, including Trump Republicans.

Gotcha.