The Republican Utopia

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

None of the claims you're making are supported by his voting record. If you think they are, show me, using his voting record, not some conservative propaganda.

You asked for his history on the issue. I posted it. You claim it's wrong or unfairly represents in some respects. If that's true, then point out those alleged errors and we can discuss them.

39 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

The situation where they’re still working those crappy jobs and may end up doing them for life . Not everyone is capable of getting a college degree or becoming CEO and advancement possibilities many places are limited . I worked crappy jobs, worked my way up , and “got mine” I just think people beneath me deserve much better treatment than they are getting. 

I don’t judge anyone in those jobs and I respect the hell out of them for getting up, going to work to feed their families. 

What i I don’t respect is someone who has a job in front of them but wants to sit at home on the couch instead. 

And, there are one hell of a lot of jobs right now that can’t be filled.....and they pay pretty well. 

There is a a shortage of over 70,000 truck drivers in this country. Good paying job, doesn’t need college education nor much education at all. 

Are you telling me we should feel sorry for the person who sits at home collecting a check instead of driving a truck......because they don’t want too?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Companies pay the fair value of the labor performed. How much do you think a greeter at Walmart or a drive-thru guy at McDonald's should make?

The bold is very debatable . I would say more like they pay the absolute least amount they can get away with. 

Idk but When those companies are making billions they should be paying more than whatever they are . 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You asked for his history on the issue. I posted it. You claim it's wrong or unfairly represents in some respects. If that's true, then point out those alleged errors and we can discuss them.

I asked you to show proof of your claims. Instead of fact, you posted the first opinion piece you googled. That piece doesn't obviate the facts of his actual record.

If you can find in the facts of his voting record where your claims are supported, we'll all be very impressed.

You made the claim. Support it with facts, not opinion.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I asked you to show proof of your claims. Instead of fact, you posted the first opinion piece you googled. That piece doesn't obviate the facts of his actual record.

If you can find in the facts of his voting record where your claims are supported, we'll all be very impressed.

You made the claim. Support it with facts, not opinion.

You claim he's tough on immigration. Prove it.

1 minute ago, Big Red 40 said:

The bold is very debatable . I would say more like they pay the absolute least amount they can get away with. 

Idk but When those companies are making billions they should be paying more than whatever they are . 

The absolute least they can get away with is by definition the fair value of the labor. 

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Schumer's record is pretty appalling. No wonder you're unable to defend it.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/public-statements/26976/chuck-schumer/40/immigration#.W3IgLnNOkwB

Shifting from one logical fallacy to another (from "argument from ignorance" - where you try to shift the burden of proof to "relevancy fallacy" + an ad-hominem attack- where you cite with schumer's statements and voting record as indefensible ) doesn't prove your point, on the contrary, it proves how weak the arguments you make are because you aren't capable of backing up things with sources that have any sort of factual basis or evidence.

• Plus1 2

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schumer's record is pretty appalling. No wonder you're unable to defend it.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/public-statements/26976/chuck-schumer/40/immigration#.W3IgLnNOkwB

You made the claim and are unable to defend it. That link is just a collection of quotes by Schumer. Feel free to cite the ones that support your claim. Of course, knapplc is pointing out Schumer's voting record and not just out-of-context quotes, so you'll want to find better than that.

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, methodical said:

Shifting from one logical fallacy to another (from "argument from ignorance" - where you try to shift the burden of proof to "relevancy fallacy" + an ad-hominem attack- where you cite with schumer's statements and voting record as indefensible ) doesn't prove your point, on the contrary, it proves how weak the arguments you make are because you aren't capable of backing up things with sources that have any sort of factual basis or evidence to back them up.

Critical thinking can be taught. Any good teacher will demand it from his or her students. 

• Plus1 3

I hear the argument a lot about how there are all these able bodied people on welfare  who refuse to work , and how  it’s a huge problem for the country . I don’t have access to the info right now but I wonder if anyone here has factual data/numbers on how big of a problem it really is ? I’d like to see it . 

18 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

I hear the argument a lot about how there are all these able bodied people on welfare  who refuse to work , and how  it’s a huge problem for the country . I don’t have access to the info right now but I wonder if anyone here has factual data/numbers on how big of a problem it really is ? I’d like to see it . 

You were the one who brought up this part of the demographic.

I get frustrated in these conversations because, I believe, the right thinks this group is way bigger than it is. The left then, totally dismisses it like it’s nothing. 

Even though that group might be smaller than the right will admit, I don’t respect the people in it.  

My contention is that this problem has many issues that need addressed. 

In this post your starting to have the right discussion. 

1 hour ago, methodical said:

Shifting from one logical fallacy to another (from "argument from ignorance" - where you try to shift the burden of proof to "relevancy fallacy" + an ad-hominem attack- where you cite with schumer's statements and voting record as indefensible ) doesn't prove your point, on the contrary, it proves how weak the arguments you make are because you aren't capable of backing up things with sources that have any sort of factual basis or evidence to back them up.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

You made the claim and are unable to defend it. That link is just a collection of quotes by Schumer. Feel free to cite the ones that support your claim. Of course, knapplc is pointing out Schumer's voting record and not just out-of-context quotes, so you'll want to find better than that.

28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Critical thinking can be taught. Any good teacher will demand it from his or her students. 

It's so transparent.

Sad thing is, so many people fall for it. Good on you for following errors through the inaccuracies to the deflections.

• Plus1 2