The Republican Utopia

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The only problems I have with the investigation were/are with the shenanigans that went on to get it started, the numbers of Hillary-supporting Trump-haters on the Mueller team, and the clear double standard where everything possible was done to exonerate Clinton while everything possible is being done to go after Trump.

You mean like an 11th hour decree that they were reopening the investigation into her emails while staying silent about Trump and Russian. You mean like the eleventy billion investigations into Benghazi that find nothing. Come on. If there was something, anything there on Clinton you can bet your sweet ass that Republicans, with control of the legislature, would have tore her apart.

• Plus1 2

45 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Irregardless. It's funny how people of a certain political lean have a HUGE PROBLEM with this stuff coming out when it goes against the party they affiliate themselves with.

It's disgusting. No one should want to associate with the Republican party until they get rid of these people. I'm sure there are good but not as good reasons to also not associate with the Democratic party. Way less people should be registered with a party than are, and people should stop treating this like a sport where they just want their candidates to win points by annoying people in the other party. That's all a vote for Trump was for many people. He upsets the Democrats so he should be president!

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I’m saying it should be investigated and prosecuted. Just not by Mueller. That’s not in his job description.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Rosenstein’s order is illegal and unconstitutional. No order that is so broad in scope would withstand a court challenge. Mueller knows that, which is why he has referred matters outside the scope of his investigation to federal prosecutors. 

In your hypothetical, Trump would have committed murder. Mueller’s team isn’t set up to investigate and prosecute a murder, which is completely outside their authority or areas of expertise. I have no doubt that he would refer the matter to outside federal prosecutors to deal with. 

This really isn’t complicated folks. It doesn’t take a law degree to think this sort of thing through.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Special prosecutors have a likited and clearly defined scope of authority. Numerous legal scholars have opined that Rosenstein exceeded his authority by making Mueller’s authority so broad. Seriously...Google it and do a little reading,

Mueller himself realizes that his scope is limited. That’s why he refers cases to others to handle rather than trying to handle them himself.

If in your opinion Mueller should refer matters outside his scope to federal prosecutors and then you say he is doing that, then why aren't you supporting the fact he's doing exactly what you say he should do?

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The only problems I have with the investigation were/are with the shenanigans that went on to get it started, the numbers of Hillary-supporting Trump-haters on the Mueller team, and the clear double standard where everything possible was done to exonerate Clinton while everything possible is being done to go after Trump.

James Comey, more than any other influencing factor, cost Hilary Clinton the election.

How many proven "Hillary-supporting Trump-haters" were on the Mueller team? Like...two?

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Further, I am an American patriot, not a party partisan, and I can tell you I'd be cheering on Mueller/Rosenstein if this investigation uncovered the same things about:

Clinton

The other Clinton

Obama

Bush

The other Bush

Reagan

Carter

Ford

Nixon - wait, they *did* find this kind of stuff on Nixon

Irregardless. It's funny how people of a certain political lean have a HUGE PROBLEM with this stuff coming out when it goes against the party they affiliate themselves with.

That's the problem with parties. They're not America.

I'm an American, proudly Independent. Prosecute 'em all.

A true American patriot would not use "irregardless" in conversation.

• Plus1 2

I would venture to guess that Mueller has handed information regarding many different criminal activities to several other law enforcement entities, but unless there is an immediate national security issue or safety issue, that stuff will not come out until the time is right. Knowing the kind of battle he is immersed in, he will have certainly prepared for any number of legal challenges and contingencies. I'm sure he has prepared all of the info he has gathered to strategically go into the right hands, or has created some kind of truth bomb waiting to explode to the public if and when Trump finally fires him.

When Mueller plays "Uno", he saves all of his Wild-Draw 4 cards until the end of the game.

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Rosenstein’s order is illegal and unconstitutional. No order that is so broad in scope would withstand a court challenge. Mueller knows that, which is why he has referred matters outside the scope of his investigation to federal prosecutors. 

In your hypothetical, Trump would have committed murder. Mueller’s team isn’t set up to investigate and prosecute a murder, which is completely outside their authority or areas of expertise. I have no doubt that he would refer the matter to outside federal prosecutors to deal with. 

This really isn’t complicated folks. It doesn’t take a law degree to think this sort of thing through.

4 different judges, including one appointed by President Trump, have upheld the Mueller investigation!  https://www.wsj.com/articles/fourth-judge-upholds-mueller-appointment-1534179190

Where have you been?

• Plus1 6