The Republican Utopia

11 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Bravo GOP. When you've got no other argument, go after them personally.

They're also attacking the Democrat running to fill Jeff Flake's seat in Arizona for having worn a tutu to protest the Iraq war. 

Just so we're clear about the quality of the arguments Republicans have to make this go-around.

I just saw the title of the video "Who am I?" and rapped to myself "Petey Pab Motherf888r!!!"

So thank you to NRCC for putting a fun song in my head :)

• Plus1 1
On 9/10/2018 at 7:30 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Well.....it’s not silly when I’ve never seen a sitting president or candidate actively promote violence against people who disagree or promote hatred for minorities so much that we have Nazis and KKK marching in our streets in celebration of his election. 

Now, you continually act like those things aren’t happening when multiple posters have shown you that they are. 

You will now come back with another sarcastic remark and move the goal posts and act like I’m some closet liberal.  

We understand that it gets tiring defending this disgusting idiot. 

I’ve condemned Trump for his frequently idiotic and insensitive tweets. But claiming he’s promoting violence or hatred for minorities is pretty silly and shows a complete lack of understanding of hyperbole. I suppose when Obama talked about how if your opponents bring knives to a fight, you should bring guns, he meant that literally...and was calling for his supporters to murder Republicans.

Right?

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I’ve condemned Trump for his frequently idiotic and insensitive tweets. But claiming he’s promoting violence or hatred for minorities is pretty silly and shows a complete lack of understanding of hyperbole. I suppose when Obama talked about how if your opponents bring knives to a fight, you should bring guns, he meant that literally...and was calling for his supporters to murder Republicans.

Right?

Please, do show us where you've condemned this person that you endlessly defend.

Didn't have a perfect place to put this, but I think the Republicans are most guilty of it the past 10 years, and it's their time in the spotlight right now. It fits perfectly with what I think is a massive problem; people seeing politics as a sport, not willing to admit their "side" lost in anything, convincing themselves that what's wrong is right, up is down, left is right, because it's their "team" that did it. That is why Trump has an extremely high approval rating with Republicans. It's why many Christians seem to have lost their minds.

“I love people as I meet them one by one. People are just wonderful as individuals. You see the whole universe in their eyes if you look carefully. But as soon as they begin to group, as soon as they begin to clot, when there are five of them or ten or even groups of smallest two, they begin to change, they sacrifice the beauty of the individual for the sake of the group.

The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”

--George Carlin

Watching the whole Charlie Rose interview now. I've never really listened to George Carlin before, I just see quotes every once in awhile. He just said another thing that really resonates with me. After humans die off the planet will still be here and it will be fine without us, and that's comforting to me when I think of some of the s#!t we're doing to it. (Assuming we don't cause too many extinctions).

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Right?

It's not his hyperbole that lead people to believe he is promoting violence, it's the fact that he never condemns violent acts by his followers.

• Plus1 2

do i sense another trumper boycott in the making?   what is L brands?   

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180915/les-wexner-renounces-republican-party-affiliation-after-obama-stops-in-columbus

After former Democratic President Barack Obama made a stop in Columbus, L Brands CEO Leslie H. Wexner, the wealthiest Republican supporter in the state, told a small audience at a Downtown event that he is fed up and has quit the Republican Party.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:45 AM, commando said:

do i sense another trumper boycott in the making?   what is L brands?   

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180915/les-wexner-renounces-republican-party-affiliation-after-obama-stops-in-columbus

After former Democratic President Barack Obama made a stop in Columbus, L Brands CEO Leslie H. Wexner, the wealthiest Republican supporter in the state, told a small audience at a Downtown event that he is fed up and has quit the Republican Party.

L Brands = Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, Pink, La Senza, Henri Bendel

https://www.lb.com/