The Republican Utopia

I so badly want to talk about "The Republican Utopia" but if I do spell out exactly what it means, I'd more than likely get banned-again.

Because heaven forbid we actually talk about what Republicans truly want in a frank and truthful way. (Meaning, there's too much tip-toeing around this,)

I highly doubt that. Basically all you have to do to not get banned is:

Don't swear a lot

Don't personally insult people

Don't be obnoxious (too often or to too many people)

Talk about Republicans all you want just don't insult specific posters here.

• Fire 2

Okay, here goes:

NOTE: I should have initially qualified what I said here to mean members of Congress, both the House and Senate.

The Republican Utopia

​* "Dangerous" non-whites are completely removed from America.

Black people are exterminated out-right.

​Brown people are killed and/or rounded up and shipped back to their country of origin.

* Non-christians are either forced to convert or are jailed or killed.

* People who are gay, transgender, queer, non-binary, etc are forced to become straight or are killed.

* No minimum wage. It'll be completely up to corporations and companies what to pay their employees.

* No ethics committees to oversee them and make it impossible to get any information on what they do.

* Remove all regulations governing safety of employees, abolish vacation time, over-time pay.

* Legalize discrimination against anyone non-white and non-Christian and call it "religious freedom."

* Deny people of non-Christian faiths the right to practice their religion. (Mostly this refers to Islam.)

* Abolish science as a subject taught in schools and completely forbid teaching evolution.

* Make studying the bible, praying in public schools, and teaching creationism a part of the core learning.

* Outlaw protests against them and make obtaining permits for any protest nearly impossible to get.

* Revoke citizenship or jail anyone who burns the American flag.

I'm sure there are more, but those are what I can think of, off the top of my head because those subjects have all come up recently.

^ That's still painting with far too broad of a brush, imo.

There are certainly people of whom this perfectly applies (Steve Bannon, as an easy example), but the majority of Republicans I know, the overwhelming majority, do not actually want....any of those things.

^ That's still painting with far too broad of a brush, imo.

There are certainly people of whom this perfectly applies (Steve Bannon, as an easy example), but the majority of Republicans I know, the overwhelming majority, do not actually want....any of those things.

Perhaps the Republicans you know, but I'd wager you only know a few.

I'd be willing to bet if you polled 1,000 Trump voters, a majority would say yes to most, if not all those points.

I do not know where you live, but where I live, I hear stuff like this (from regrettably, family members who voted for Trump) and others almost on a weekly basis.

You have almost no idea just how much hatred for non-whites, non-Christians, LBGTQIA, etc there truly is out there. I see this stuff every day.

So to you, I'm "painting with a fairly broad brush." But to me, it's just Wednesday.

NOTE: I should have qualified what I said above to mean members of Congress, both the House and Senate.

​But it genuinely terrifies me that large numbers of Republicans who voted for Trump would go along with almost all this if it were proposed.

Okay, here goes:

NOTE: I should have initially qualified what I said here to mean members of Congress, both the House and Senate.

The Republican Utopia

​Brown people are killed and/or rounded up and shipped back to their country of origin.

* People who are gay, transgender, queer, non-binary, etc are forced to become straight or are killed.

* No minimum wage. It'll be completely up to corporations and companies what to pay their employees.

* No ethics committees to oversee them and make it impossible to get any information on what they do.

* Remove all regulations governing safety of employees, abolish vacation time, over-time pay.

* Legalize discrimination against anyone non-white and non-Christian and call it "religious freedom."

* Deny people of non-Christian faiths the right to practice their religion. (Mostly this refers to Islam.)

* Abolish science as a subject taught in schools and completely forbid teaching evolution.

* Make studying the bible, praying in public schools, and teaching creationism a part of the core learning.

* Outlaw protests against them and make obtaining permits for any protest nearly impossible to get.

I'm sure there are more, but those are what I can think of, off the top of my head because those subjects have all come up recently.

OK, so you've tried to qualify this caricature (twice) by saying it refers to members of Congress, but you ruined that attempt with this line:

I do not know where you live, but where I live, I hear stuff like this (from regrettably, family members who voted for Trump) and others almost on a weekly basis.

Which is it? Do you hear stuff like this where you live "almost on a weekly basis" or just from Congress?

Nobody anywhere knows real, down-to-earth Republicans who think like this. Either be real or kindly don't post stuff like this again. :D

I've known Republicans who wanted at least one of those things. Almost no Republican wants all of those things though.

The Republican party seems to have more casual racists than I thought they did, but it's still a small minority.

Some do want to get rid of the minimum wage. Basically, you can find Republicans who think at least one of those paragraphs. The problem with your post is that, because you hear one Republican saying one of each of those things, you think all Republicans want ALL of those things. That's completely illogical.

For the most part Republicans and Democrats are the same. They both just get played well by the politicians and the corporations who line their pockets. There are only a few things that separate regular, average Democrats and Republicans from each other and they aren't the things on your list. Most Republicans don't want any of that.

What you've described is the most evil version of a Republican (which probably doesn't exist anywhere in reality) and you've accepted it as a representation of all of them.

This is complete garbage, you people live in your own little world, read fake news and react like it is real. You think everyone voted for Trump is like the KKK, they supported him so that is all conservatives? While you ignored the Black Panthers bullying people in voting lines for Obama and we didn't think that was reality of Democrats? While Obama uses facebook and other electronic means to spy on the public you were silent. Eight years of Obama has done more damage to race relations than anything else after 1980 and you praise him. There is no consistency or reality in the claims posted above, I truly hope anyone that thinks this way takes the time to stop reading whatever you are reading for your information and can take the time to have real conversations with real people. Wow....but you should study up on Sharia law it is eerily similar to your version of conservatism.

• Plus1 1

This is complete garbage, you people live in your own little world, read fake news and react like it is real. You think everyone voted for Trump is like the KKK, they supported him so that is all conservatives? While you ignored the Black Panthers bullying people in voting lines for Obama and we didn't think that was reality of Democrats? While Obama uses facebook and other electronic means to spy on the public you were silent. Eight years of Obama has done more damage to race relations than anything else after 1980 and you praise him. There is no consistency or reality in the claims posted above, I truly hope anyone that thinks this way takes the time to stop reading whatever you are reading for your information and can take the time to have real conversations with real people. Wow....but you should study up on Sharia law it is eerily similar to your version of conservatism.

"You people" ?

Work on your comprehension skills. There are multiple posts after chimichangas telling him he's wrong.

Also, your post is full of as much erroneous crap as his was. Obama was spying on the public with Facebook? lol. What information did he gather and what did he use it for? Was it him personally? Maybe he didn't get to all of us and I'm safe.

• Fire 1

Okay, here goes:

The Republican Utopia

Well...I'm conservative and at one time was a Republican. I believe the Republican party has lost it's way and isn't something I can vote for.

But...your post is out in la la land on the subject.

This would be akin to me claiming Obama is Muslim and wants install Sharia law in the US and Democrats have been planning this for 40 years when they first brought him from Kenya as a child prodigy to ultimately destroy America.

Again, Senator Warren was silenced for reading a letter written by the widow of one of America's greatest heroes.

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/829150068972331009

Meh...Sessions was going to be confirmed anyway. Not sure why he felt he needed to do this.

It's disgusting. What's to stop them doing this to any non-Republican senator who ever speaks? Just a quick vote like this whether the person is truly breaking the rules and they have to go sit in the corner?

Now I'm starting to wish the Democrats would be a bunch of a$$hole$ too.

• Fire 1

Fake news like Obama instituting Sharia law? What about the FEMA camps we're all supposed to be in? Or how he took all our guns?

And Black Panthers bullying people in voting lines for Obama?

Not everyone has been silent about the security state set up under W and Obama and has now been turned over to Trump. I'm sure Trump will dismantle it, right?

Who is "you people?" How is one person's opinion enough paint to broad brush everybody speaking here? You should choose your words more carefully.

• Fire 2

Fake news like Obama instituting Sharia law? What about the FEMA camps we're all supposed to be in? Or how he took all our guns?

And Black Panthers bullying people in voting lines for Obama?

Not everyone has been silent about the security state set up under W and Obama and has now been turned over to Trump. I'm sure Trump will dismantle it, right?

apparently you didn't read briebart to get the real facts...or is that real alt facts....not sure anymore.