The Republican Utopia

Maybe he's just a little worried:

https://apnews.com/71f81a178af84f30a66c6950dfb63632/Chaffetz-trails-Democratic-challenger-in-campaign-funds

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Democratic political newcomer Dr. Kathryn Allen significantly outpaced incumbent Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz in fundraising in the first three months of the year as she seized on his comments last month suggesting people should spend their money on health insurance instead of iPhones.

Maybe he's just a little worried:

https://apnews.com/71f81a178af84f30a66c6950dfb63632/Chaffetz-trails-Democratic-challenger-in-campaign-funds

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Democratic political newcomer Dr. Kathryn Allen significantly outpaced incumbent Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz in fundraising in the first three months of the year as she seized on his comments last month suggesting people should spend their money on health insurance instead of iPhones.

Yup - saving face by opting out. But I'll take it. Drain the swamp.

On the heels of the Chaffetz news, I see this:

It's not a surprise. The Republicans have been champing at the bit for years, telling us how great it would be if they had the majority. Well, they have the House, Senate & the Presidency.

And so far it's been a great big nothingburger.

Here's my take: 1) no one who is poor has ever hired me, and 2) rich people need to benefit otherwise the economy tanks.

Do the wealthy "pay their fair share?" I have no idea.

I'm not rich and I only sort of know, in a passing, barely acquaintance way, some rich people. I have no idea how much they pay in taxes.

I do not, nor have I ever, nor will I ever, begrudge anyone for being rich. What I do begrudge about rich people are the ones who purposefully, and woefully, under pay their employees while they become multi-millionaires or higher.

This is a little baffling. Maybe he's being sincere that he thinks people shouldn't hold office long-term.

Utah Rep. Chaffetz says he won't run for re-election

WASHINGTON (AP) — Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, a Republican who chairs the House Oversight Committee, says he won't for re-election or any other office in 2018.

Chaffetz, who has been rumored as a possible candidate for Senate or governor, says that after consulting with his family and "prayerful consideration, I have decided I will not be a candidate for any office in 2018."

Chaffetz, 50, in his fifth term, says in a statement on Facebook that he has long advocated that public service should be for a limited time and not a lifetime or full career.

He says that after more than 1,500 nights away from home, "it is time" to step aside.

Chaffetz says he has "no ulterior motives," and is healthy and confident he would re-elected.

Well, on I-15 North, just north of Spanish Fork, UT...

There's currently a billboard asking Chaffetz why he won't investigate Trump's "Russia" connections.

Not saying there's any connection there...just pointing it out.

Furthermore, I find it highly implausible that any Republican, or Republican group, is paying for that billboard...

But the question remains unanswered and it is possible that Chaffetz is not seeking re-election so he can avoid it altogether.

Conservative mouthpiece Alex Jones, whose Infowars site gets over 4.2 million views per month, is on the stand during a custody hearing pertaining to his divorce case. If you haven't been following along, it's amazing.

Here's only one of the outrageous things he's said.

Either health issues or something really unflattering about him is about to drop.

As much as I despise him, I hope it's not health.

It's only health issues if you count pride and humiliation as health issues. He'd get creamed during a reelection campaign. This is simply him saving face.