The Republican Utopia

Right? None of OUR business? What a fool.

ALso read a funny about one of the undecideds who got asked the same question as he exited and he tried to escape by going to the bathroom, he mistakenly tried to go into the womens - corrected and then came out with earphones in so that he couldn't talk.

• Fire 4

What an arrogant POS. He's exactly the type of person we need to get rid of. He's clearly forgotten the "By the people, for the people" bit.

Alas, he's in Oklahoma. He'll probably get re-elected in a landslide. We all know how much of a savant Sooner fan is. :lol:

Not so fast my friend with that broad brushing of Oklahoman's which I am one. Rep. Markwayne Mullin doesn't have the free ride you think he might have. This guy and my rep from Tulsa both got elected at the same time to the House. They both committed to serve only 3 terms. My rep is holding fast to that commitment and this will be his last term in the House. Mullin, however, keeps saying he is 'thinking about it' actually he tells some 'I'm praying about it' which boils my blood as a Christian. He gave his word and he is to keep it even if it hurts him. Many in his district are pretty tired of his 'going to DC as a owner of a large plumbing company (95 Red Vans going around per his ads) like he is 'Mr Smith Goes to Washington" - Jimmy Stewart wanna be. He had a primary opponent the last time around when he refused to comment on his pledge - saying that can wait until after the election. So now that it is after, he 'is praying about it'. If the Indian Tribe endorses him again, he very well could win. But if it is left up to the common voter, he may have a difficult time. His district includes 'Little Dixie" - SE Okla which is heavily Democratic. A good opponent could beat him and I would welcome it. He is one of those 'conservative' politicians who has gotten bitten by the power bug of politics.

Speaking of Oklahoma - the way the republicans are leading this state, I would not be surprised to see some cracks in the republican wall turning the next 2 election cycles. When my wife and I first moved to Okla in 1978, this state was as heavily Dem as it is now Republican. Other than I believe one Senator, our congressional representatives were Dems and the Dems had control of basically all of the State offices.

Someone who sexually harasses someone in the work place or negatively affects someone's career because of rejected advances deserves every punishment they get from dismissal to law suits.

I will say this. I'm glad I am not single and working in an environment with other single people from the other sex. I have often thought about if you are interested in a relationship with someone.....how do you approach them without causing a potential problem? As stated above, many people work in a job where they don't have much of a social life outside of work to meet people.

People who consume conservative media are being shielded from the Comey story. Here's the shiny distraction:

Conservative media focuses its criticism on Chuck Schumer, Democrats, in wake of Trump's firing of Comey

After President Trump abruptly fired FBI Director James B. Comey on Tuesday, Democrats and Republicans questioned the timing since Comey headed an investigation into whether Trump's campaign cooperated with Russian intelligence agencies during last year's presidential race.

In his first public comments on the issue, Trump said Wednesday that he had a simple reason for sacking Comey: he "wasn't doing a good job."

Following the White House lead, conservative media began accusing senior Democrats, who had called for Comey's dismissal last year for his investigations of Hillary Clinton's email practices during the campaign, of hypocrisy for now crying foul.

Here are some of today’s headlines:

Chuck Schumer's shameless hypocrisy and faux outrage over James Comey's firing (TownHall)

Tucker Carlson: Comey firing ‘overdue’ — ‘everyone in Washington knows it’ (Breitbart)

Shut the Chuck up (American Spectator)

• Fire 1

This is from March. Sorry if already posted. I guess it's kind of amazing how inconsequential it seems to have been. This guy is still in power, right? http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/03/23/oklahoma-lawmaker-defends-anti-abortion-bill-says-rape-and-incest-are-will-of-god/

George Faught, Oklahoma State representative and sponsor of an anti-abortion bill, says in response to questioning that he believes rape and incest are included in the "will of God."

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Who are we to not exert dominion over women's bodies over it?

People who consume conservative media are being shielded from the Comey story. Here's the shiny distraction:

Conservative media focuses its criticism on Chuck Schumer, Democrats, in wake of Trump's firing of Comey

After President Trump abruptly fired FBI Director James B. Comey on Tuesday, Democrats and Republicans questioned the timing since Comey headed an investigation into whether Trump's campaign cooperated with Russian intelligence agencies during last year's presidential race.

In his first public comments on the issue, Trump said Wednesday that he had a simple reason for sacking Comey: he "wasn't doing a good job."

Following the White House lead, conservative media began accusing senior Democrats, who had called for Comey's dismissal last year for his investigations of Hillary Clinton's email practices during the campaign, of hypocrisy for now crying foul.

Here are some of today’s headlines:

Chuck Schumer's shameless hypocrisy and faux outrage over James Comey's firing (TownHall)

Tucker Carlson: Comey firing ‘overdue’ — ‘everyone in Washington knows it’ (Breitbart)

Shut the Chuck up (American Spectator)

After paying a lot more attention on Twitter to posts that compare CNN/MSNBC/Fox and the broadcast networks in terms of what's being covered when significant news breaks, it's kind of breathtaking how carefully Fox News and the like work to control the narrative they feed to millions about exactly what's going on and what really matters.

Crap like the following:

• Fire 1

A little rant here.

I am tired of hearing the GOP and their constituents saying there is no proof collusion between Trump/Associates and Russia.

All most non-GOP people are asking is for half the effort put into an investigation of this that was put into the Clinton investigations. We want an investigation. Some of us hope for a conviction, but we're asking for an investigation.

The mf hypocrite GOP congress (not just Trump) is doing everything they can to slow it down or stop it from even being investigated.

• Fire 4

Heard a dumb ass radio host on KFAB this morning around 9am (didn't catch his name) talking about how Trump's haters would love nothing more for people to get shot up if they could blame it on Trump and how his haters want world war 3 to start so they can blame it on Trump.

No. Trump's haters want him impeached to stop him from doing those (among other) things.

Yeah. Personally my opinion is that it's far more likely that unscrupulous people managed to work their way into the ranks than any actual nefarious intent from Trump himself here. That, of course, is the problem: Trump is an incompetent administrator and unfit for any position of public office.

Listened to some more GOP radio. Buck Sexton. These aren't exact quotes but very close.

"There is an obsession with the law right now by the Left."

"Every day all we hear about is the supposed law breaking by the president of the United States." - said in a tone like it was unbelievable that it's news at all.

Another gem from him:

"According to the Leftist narrative, true accountability would involve Trump or one of his top people going to prison, usually under a charge of treason. This is appalling overreach, no matter what one thinks of Trump’s time in office thus far."

Previously: "Trust me, the really interesting emails – the kind that would immediately derail a presidential campaign and could lead to prison time – Hillary deleted those a long time ago."

If I listened to this for 20 minutes a day I might start to think the Left is purposely trying to take down the U.S. from within and Trump is the Son of God.

• Fire 1

Listened to some more GOP radio. Buck Sexton. These aren't exact quotes but very close.

"There is an obsession with the law right now by the Left."

"Every day all we hear about is the supposed law breaking by the president of the United States." - said in a tone like it was unbelievable that it's news at all.

Another gem from him:

"According to the Leftist narrative, true accountability would involve Trump or one of his top people going to prison, usually under a charge of treason. This is appalling overreach, no matter what one thinks of Trump’s time in office thus far."

Previously: "Trust me, the really interesting emails – the kind that would immediately derail a presidential campaign and could lead to prison time – Hillary deleted those a long time ago."

If I listened to this for 20 minutes a day I might start to think the Left is purposely trying to take down the U.S. from within and Trump is the Son of God.

He's clearly downplaying the news. But he also seems to be precluding the possibility that someone from Trump's team could actually be found guilty of treason. That seems to be a rather glaring assumption to me.

I flipped to Fox tonight just after Tucker Carlson to see what they considered news. To my shock, Brian Watters, who I believe to be an empty suit and an affront to real journalists, actually opened with the special counsel news.

It looked like Hannity was gearing up to focus his show on how unfair various groups were shockingly unfair and disloyal to Trump.

It still floors me just how large a slice of the population has this for their worldview.