Rutgers Budgeting

spurs1990

It was a $10mil loan from the University. Most schools would increase fees or subsidies to the AD to cover. If you read the article, Rutgers has been decreasing reliance on University funds last few years. This is actually admirable...

Rutgers' athletics subsidy was a national-record $47.6 million in 2013 before dipping to $36.3 million in 2014 and $23.8 million in 2015, lowering the last two fiscal years in compliance with a directive from Rutgers president Robert Barchi to decrease reliance on university funds.

• Fire 1

Well I did read it and while it went down from 2014-2015, the subsidy went back up to around 28 million again this year. So they did raise the subsidy. Also the only reason the subsidy looks even that low (still one of the highest in the NCAA) is because of the 10 million dollar loan from the university. Otherwise the subsidy would be closer to 39 million. 28 million is asinine let alone the 39 million they pretty much had to mask. Not exactly admirable.

In fact in their lowest year 14-15, they have the highest subsidy of any big name school outside of UCONN. And that was at their lowest level in years. They've only gone back up. Way up. Hopefully this changes with a full Big 10 share?

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Rutgers is poised to improve. (Actually, there's no direction to go but up. lol) They're making the necessary investments in staff and facilities. Geographically, they don't have much nearby competition in football, which should help them in recruiting. Now they just need to start winning. And I hope they do start winning. Just not on Sept. 23 of this coming season.

• Fire 1

Rutgers is poised to improve. (Actually, there's no direction to go but up. lol) They're making the necessary investments in staff and facilities. Geographically, they don't have much nearby competition in football, which should help them in recruiting. Now they just need to start winning. And I hope they do start winning. Just not on Sept. 23 of this coming season.

Winning seems to fix everything. You are absolutely right that there is no place to go but up. I can see colonoco's point too that they are trying to improve. Just looks so catastrophic from an outsiders point of view!