Mavric

2017 Walk-On Class

Stumpy1    1,509

OL/DL from Stromsburg, NE

Watched this kid play a couple times this year. He could be one of those special walk-ons. Kid has a mean streak and is just a monster.

Mavric    9,163

Current know walk-on class for 2017:

Ethan Cox - WR - Blair

Trent Hixson - OL/DL - Omaha (Skutt)

Ben Lingenfelter - OL/DL - Cherokee, IA
Cody Liske - LB - Bennington

Hutner Miller - OL - Stromsburg (Cross County)

Dylan Reynolds - WR - Broken Bow

Axl_sued_me    70

It looks like Cole Frahm, Kicker from Burke HS is also walking on.

I've heard he has a stronger leg than Alex Henery (also from Burke) did at the same age.

Watched Cole play the last two seasons at Burke and he has a leg.

spurs1990    561

All joking aside from the MOST horrific mascot in all of sports, this is a pretty good pick up. I hope we never are forced to use him but having a former 3 star walk on with three years to go is a pretty good deal. Actually have a quarterback group now!

Hedley Lamarr    2,055

All joking aside from the MOST horrific mascot in all of sports, this is a pretty good pick up. I hope we never are forced to use him but having a former 3 star walk on with three years to go is a pretty good deal. Actually have a quarterback group now!

He actually appears to have a pretty damn good arm

spurs1990    561

Logan Strom is a name being thrown around as a potential preferred walk-on on other boards. Anyone heard anything along those lines? That'd be a heck of a walk-on pick up. I have a hard time believing he, as a 3 star, doesn't have any other offers that'd be worth his time. Maybe Nebraska does still have a pull for in-state kids for walking on..

Man can you imagine this class if we got Rafdal, Allen healthy, and Strom to walk on? 6'7-6'8 big bodied red zone monsters. Match up nightmares all over the field with speeders all over and these towers out there as well.

Mavric    9,163

Anyone feel we get any more walk-ons from Lincoln?

Sounded like they were only planning on about 8 or so so probably pretty much done.

spurs1990    561

Interesting. Hope he picks us, if not, I completely understand.

Would be a great walk-on pick up. Hard to pass on free school..

ScottyIce    1,648

Interesting... From Huskermax

Kade Warner, Scottsdale Desert Mountain, WR
Warner, whose father is Pro Football Hall of Fame finalist Kurt Warner, said that he won't sign on Wednesday and will wait until he visits Nebraska, which could be in a couple of weeks. Nebraska is yet another Power 5 school offering a preferred walk-on spot. Arizona State and Iowa have done the same. But Warner is hoping for a scholarship to open. There could be one at Nebraska by then, so he is willing to wait to see what opens.

spurs1990    561

Warner, whose father is Pro Football Hall of Fame finalist Kurt Warner, said that he won't sign on Wednesday and will wait until he visits Nebraska, which could be in a couple of weeks. Nebraska is yet another Power 5 school offering a preferred walk-on spot. Arizona State and Iowa have done the same. But Warner is hoping for a scholarship to open. There could be one at Nebraska by then, so he is willing to wait to see what opens.

About as low of a rating as 247 gives out but that'd be cool to have KJ sr. and Kurt showing up in Husker gear on game days.

About as low of a rating as 247 gives out but that'd be cool to have KJ sr. and Kurt showing up in Husker gear on game days.

Not overly impressed with this film. Be better if he was 6'5'.

spurs1990    561

Not overly impressed with this film. Be better if he was 6'5'.

Not worth a scholarship, but I'd be all about him being a preferred walk-on

Day by Day    78

I have been away from Nebraska HS sports for a while now so I am not familiar with a lot of the players in the state. Therefore I have two questions:

1. Has anyone seen if Paup decided to walk-on or sign with SDSU and if he did walk on, do you think he will be able to crack the rotation in the next few years?

2. Are there any sleepers in this year's walk-on class (Anyone to keep an eye on)?

Thanks to all of those on here that continually keep this thread updated.

Mavric    9,163

I have been away from Nebraska HS sports for a while now so I am not familiar with a lot of the players in the state. Therefore I have two questions:

1. Has anyone seen if Paup decided to walk-on or sign with SDSU and if he did walk on, do you think he will be able to crack the rotation in the next few years?

2. Are there any sleepers in this year's walk-on class (Anyone to keep an eye on)?

Paup deciding today. Sounds like he's leaning toward walking-on.

Day by Day    78

Paup deciding today. Sounds like he's leaning toward walking-on.

Thanks.

GBRFAN    394

No matter how many scholarships we give to 4 and 5* players it would be great if we would always be just short of 85 to give to a couple of these kids that always find away to get onto the field.

No matter how many scholarships we give to 4 and 5* players it would be great if we would always be just short of 85 to give to a couple of these kids that always find away to get onto the field.

That is currently being done!