Immigration Ban

And then there's this ...

The Associated Press is reporting:

President Donald Trump says that he's considering signing a new executive order on immigration as the one he signed suspending the nation's refugee program and barring citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries is held up in court.

Trump tells reporters aboard Air Force One on his way to Florida that he's confident he'll win his court battle.

But he says, "we also have a lot of other options, including just filing a brand new order."

He adds: "We need speed for reasons of security. So it could very well be that we do that."

Trump says a new order would likely change "very little" from the first and says he'll likely act next Monday or Tuesday.

He adds of his decision: "I'd like to surprise you."

I'm so sorry Colo - part of me really wonders if he has a stockpile of these moves set aside to launch when negative newsworthy items (i.e. Russia dossier) hit the streets about him.

He is officially starting to weed out by race. I'm just sick.

I spoke to my Aunt, finally. He applied for citizenship in November but while that is going through, he had to do his annual LPR registraton. Immigration confiscated his Green Card and told him he will get it back in 6 mos while they research his renewal. He's never had to surrender his card prior and it's required to carry that all times. When he asked about that, the Immigration Officer said if he isn't causing trouble, it won't be an issue, like every Brown skin is here to cause trouble...

His business dealings have required his LPR registration to be notarized/documented as part of numerous Government filings. His attorneys are pulling that together to get a court order allowing him to stay while he is without his Green Card. If he were picked up right now, he would be deported. His immigration attorney in LA states this is a calculated policy move to make Mexican LPRs illegal. It's selective right now and fortunately my uncle has the finances to fight this. I don't know whether to cry, vomit, or both.

What blows me away is my uncle is easily in the top 10% of this country by both wealth & income. We don't want the worst from Mexico but we don't want the best either?? Wtf, makes no sense.

I agree, he's starting by religion, now by race. This is going to get very, very bad for many good people.

I'm so sorry Colo - part of me really wonders if he has a stockpile of these moves set aside to launch when negative newsworthy items (i.e. Russia dossier) hit the streets about him.

I spoke to my Aunt, finally. He applied for citizenship in November but while that is going through, he had to do his annual LPR registraton. Immigration confiscated his Green Card and told him he will get it back in 6 mos while they research his renewal. He's never had to surrender his card prior and it's required to carry that all times. When he asked about that, the Immigration Officer said if he isn't causing trouble, it won't be an issue, like every Brown skin is here to cause trouble...

His business dealings have required his LPR registration to be notarized/documented as part of numerous Government filings. His attorneys are pulling that together to get a court order allowing him to stay while he is without his Green Card. If he were picked up right now, he would be deported. His immigration attorney in LA states this is a calculated policy move to make Mexican LPRs illegal. It's selective right now and fortunately my uncle has the finances to fight this. I don't know whether to cry, vomit, or both.

What blows me away is my uncle is easily in the top 10% of this country by both wealth & income. We don't want the worst from Mexico but we don't want the best either?? Wtf, makes no sense.

I agree, he's starting by religion, now by race. This is going to get very, very bad for many good people.

That sucks...

But...why should he wealth or income matter? Like, why is someone that has wealth "the best". Or did you just mean that your uncle is a great guy regardless of his money?

I mean, if skin color shouldn't matter (it shouldn't), if religion shouldn't matter (it shouldn't) why should wealth or income?

That sucks...

But...why should he wealth or income matter? Like, why is someone that has wealth "the best". Or did you just mean that your uncle is a great guy regardless of his money?

I mean, if skin color shouldn't matter (it shouldn't), if religion shouldn't matter (it shouldn't) why should wealth or income?

I refer to that for several reasons. Most notably there is a specific category of Lawful Permanent Residents based on high level of investment in this country. Income/wealth is traditionally also a primary consideration for non-lottery Green Card allotment. The best comment was meant towards overall, not just the wealth/income. Based on traditional immigration rules, he scores at the top.

Not that I think wealth/income should be the primary consideration but from what you mention, it's the only one that is not protected for/against discrimination. It also illustrates that for the current administration, an immigrant's value is determined more by their skin color than by their contribution to our economic system and society.

That sucks...

I refer to that for several reasons. Most notably there is a specific category of Lawful Permanent Residents based on high level of investment in this country. Income/wealth is traditionally also a primary consideration for non-lottery Green Card allotment. The best comment was meant towards overall, not just the wealth/income. Based on traditional immigration rules, he scores at the top.

Not that I think wealth/income should be the primary consideration but from what you mention, it's the only one that is not protected for/against discrimination. It also illustrates that for the current administration, an immigrant's value is determined more by their skin color than by their contribution to our economic system and society.

Got it, thanks!

So we both agree that money should not matter at all.

Hmmm, I don't think my words would support either your conclusion or the opposing conclusion. I know I didn't present it as a binary situation (either A or B).

What are you trying to say, teach?

That a poor person and rich person should both just be considered people. That is all. I don't think one should be "ranked higher" than the other when it comes to anything.

And so it begins ... Friday nights seem to be when triggers' get pulled (some speculate it's because Jared is logged out for Shabbat).

I think the timing of this is more tied to the distraction of the court case and ban then anything else.

and the kkk celebrates their great victory

I would agree with you on that. Our world and our country would be a much better place if that were the case, teach.

The "us & them" mentality in the WH exists at the expense of the entire nation and it proceeding apace faster than I anticipated. I've said it before, but it doesn't get much scarier than measuring value of say Mother Teresa based on gender first. This is proceeding down the worst-case that was visible several months ago. I'll admit that I'm not surprised but I had hoped to be wrong. I am more concerned than ever which I did not believe possible just a few days ago.