Immigration Ban

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

I'm listening to what is being said and following along. You are making up your own narrative and deliberately leaving out sections of the conversation that negate your claims.

When she say "So, if I vote..." who or what is she talking about?

Herself? The literal meaning of "I". Why don't you transcribe the exchange into a post, then you'll be better able to defend your claim.

EDIT: I meant why doesn't @Bornhusker transcribe and prove his point.

Edited by RedDenver

17 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You do realize that there are LEGAL undocumented citizens right? Simply being born on US soil makes you a legal US citizen - probably the same reason you can claim citizenship.

So every undocumented is from being born in this country? Nice try, though, and no it isn't the same reason I am a citizen.

17 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm listening to what is being said and following along. You are making up your own narrative and deliberately leaving out sections of the conversation that negate your claims.

When she say "So, if I vote..." who or what is she talking about?

will immigration know where I live (she is speaking as if she was one of the groups she listed), will they come for my family, will they deport us? Obama says "when you vote you are a citizen yourself" Well, that is not 100% true.. just voting doesn't make you a citizen. You most assuredly can vote illegally, and not as a citizen.

he did NOT at any time clarify his statement by saying illegals can not vote. He did says by voting you are a citizen, which is what she was saying in her opening statement.. she called them citizens.

5 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

will immigration know where I live (she is speaking as if she was one of the groups she listed), will they come for my family, will they deport us? Obama says "when you vote you are a citizen yourself" Well, that is not 100% true.. just voting doesn't make you a citizen. You most assuredly can vote illegally, and not as a citizen.

he did NOT at any time clarify his statement by saying illegals can not vote. He did says by voting you are a citizen, which is what she was saying in her opening statement.. she called them citizens.

That's some amazing gymnastics there with that thought process.

You must not have actually listened to the entire video clip.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 2

10 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

So every undocumented is from being born in this country? Nice try, though, and no it isn't the same reason I am a citizen.

Holy strawman, Batman! I haven't claimed every undocumented is anything. Nice try at moving the goal posts, but in fact you have claimed that undocumented = illegal, which I then easily refuted.

Wow, we're really doing this.

Here's the thing. There was a deal. Trump rejected it. And it's because he's racist. The Republicans who like what's going on here are also racist. The ones who say, "oh, his language was a mistake" but who fundamentally agree with him and have been arguing as such are racist. The ones who, when Trump accidentally agrees with Democrats that he supports a clean DACA bill, remind him that it's their position that he doesn't, are racist. When this is all over and Trump is but a memory, these people will still be around trying to keep black and brown people out of this country, and they'll do it politely, and they'll sound and look smart, and I can't wait (not) to see how much of the no-party NeverTrumpers come flocking home to whatever the name of the party is at that point. We all know Trump is a crude, ignorant crank. His behavior can't be the only reason we oppose his policy.

We're far past the moment where it's OK to remain on the sidelines, throw your hands up in the air and say, gee whiz, all these sides organizing and none of them suits me perfectly. It's not a dang fashion accessory and it's not a game. You won't find perfect, down-the-line alignment but you can choose to stop basic terrible things that do matter. /rant

• Plus1 3
16 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

I completely missed this post.. She CLEARLY states "undocumented" in her question. I am fairly certain "undocumented" means illegal.

This is in regards to the video I presented with Obama talking about voting.. since I am responding so late.

She CLEARLY states "undocumented citizens" in her question. I am fairly certain "undocumented citizens" means citizens of the United States.

This is in regards to the video you presented with Obama talking about voting.. since I am responding so late.

Obama even followed it up by saying, "...part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard because you're not just speaking for yourself, you're speaking for ... who may not have a voice. Who can't legally vote." 

BTW, it's also in regards to how you keep saying you aren't going to engage in this discussion, yet you keep coming back over and over. It's pathetic, honestly.

Once again, Hell better be real. That or Karma. At the very least I hope these people hate living with themselves and their wives won't have sex with them. They're damaging the country a lot more than the people they're deporting. I wish we could deport Trump to Greenland.

Edited by Moiraine