Immigration Ban

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I’m in favor of free trade, but Trump is right that what other countries offer us is hardly free trade. I’m in favor of strong alliances, but not where we bear all or most of the burden and cost. Our ‘allies’ have been taking advantage of us for some time. True friendships and alliances are built on fair dealings.

that sounds like some right wing echo chamber stuff your spouting there.  :)

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, commando said:

that sounds like some right wing echo chamber stuff your spouting there.  :)

It’s easy enough to see the tariffs our allies have places on American made goods as they whine about free trade. It’s likewise easy enough to see China and others manipulating the trade and currency markets.

15 hours ago, commando said:

happy fathers day amerika

This seems like a great way to breed terrorists. When they grow up with no parents, into a f#&%ed up life, I wonder who they will blame. I wonder how they will get their justice.

A young girl separated from her aunt at a Border Patrol facility had to get her diapers changed by other children

A teenager at a US Border Patrol facility had to teach other children how to help change the diaper of a young girl who had been separated from family members. 

According to the Associated Press, a 16-year-old girl in a South Texas facility took care of a four-year-old girl she didn't know for at least three days when they were kept in the same chain-link cage together. 

The teenager told the story to Michelle Brane, director of migrant rights at the Women's Refugee Commission, who spent time at the facility on Friday. 

"She had to teach other kids in the cell to change her diaper," Brane said.

Agents initially thought the four-year-old was younger, in part because she wasn't talking or communicating with anyone. As it turned out, the girl only spoke K'iche, a language indigenous to Guatemala, and not Spanish. 

"She was so traumatized that she wasn't talking," Brane told the Associated Press. "She was just curled up in a little ball." 

After an attorney began asking questions about the girl's situation, agents found the girl's aunt, who had been kept in a different part of the facility, and reunited the two. The facility houses 1,100 adults and children, but hundreds of children are reportedly kept apart from their parents or other family members. 

The Associated Press reported seeing one cage with 20 children inside.

Sheriff: Deputy sexually assaulted child, threatened undocumented mom if she reported it

SAN ANTONIO — Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said one of his off-duty detention officers has been arrested following accusations that he repeatedly sexually assaulted a 4-year-old.

Salazar said the victim's mother reported the sexual assault Saturday night after the child made an outcry to her mom. It's believed the sexual assault had been going on for the past few months, possibly years. Sheriff Salazar said the victim's mother is an undocumented immigrant and Nunez allegedly threatened her with deportation if she reported the sexual assault. 

After further investigation and questioning, 47-year-old Jose Nunez was arrested and charged with super aggravated sexual assault.
It's believed that other children may be involved. Salazar said there may be other victims. 

This is America in 2018. I wish I could say this is not who we are and that we're better than this. But this seems to be exactly who we are. Trump's GOP applaud this hardline stance on immigration & cheer this on because "illegals are criminals;" the other half of us are mortified.

48 D or I Senators support a bill to end the separation of children from their parents ; no R Senators support it. 

This is a policy so heinous the president lies about it, openly & enthusiastically, trying to pin blame on his opponents citing a law that doesn't exist. 

We are losing our humanity. What's happening at our southern border is plainly a human rights abuse by our government. But Republicans won't release their child hostages until they've extracted concessions they like.

No part of this doesn't disgust me.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, ZRod said:

This seems like a great way to breed terrorists. When they grow up with no parents, into a f#&%ed up life, I wonder who they will blame. I wonder how they will get their justice.

This has been my thoughts on this. 

This is a perfect breeding ground for hatred towards the US. 

Trying to figure out what type of alternative reality I live in.  I made the mistake of commenting on a Ben Sasse FB post regarding separating parents from children.  In my comment, I expressed my hope that he would support S3036 making it illegal to separate families unless certain conditions were met.

I was then questioned if I had the same outrage to Planned Parenthood selling body parts (I just simply said "no" and left it at that)

I then had a person ask me to read a National Review article stating how only Congress can fix this problem.  I'm trying to explain to him that's why I'm writing and calling my Senators and Representatives and asking them to address it.

WTF????

22 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Trying to figure out what type of alternative reality I live in.  I made the mistake of commenting on a Ben Sasse FB post regarding separating parents from children.  In my comment, I expressed my hope that he would support S3036 making it illegal to separate families unless certain conditions were met.

I was then questioned if I had the same outrage to Planned Parenthood selling body parts (I just simply said "no" and left it at that)

I then had a person ask me to read a National Review article stating how only Congress can fix this problem.  I'm trying to explain to him that's why I'm writing and calling my Senators and Representatives and asking them to address it.

WTF????

The last paragraph isn't even true though. The law is enforced differently under Trump, on purpose. Similar to how Sessions has said he'll go after the illegal use of marijuana,  after Obama's policy of looking the other way. There are options in how we deal with laws.

You should have told them there's nothing stopping Trump or Sessions from ending their policy other than the cruelty and callousness in their own hearts.

They're taking children hostage as bargaining chips. It's amoral and wrong. Congress can fix other immigration problems later. Trump could fix this RIGHT NOW, on his own. But he refuses to do so. And to top it off they lie to our faces about it. 

• Plus1 1