Immigration Ban

17 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

It's a clean "end the separation" bill. It does nothing other than preventing separation from family unless for just cause, such as trafficking, child abuse or when we think the adult isn't their parent or legal guardian.

The only thing that's wrong with the bill is it would require working with Democrats.

If that’s the extent of the bill, then I agree with it. It’s heartbreaking seeing parents and kids separated.

Lewandowski is a whole other level of douchebag.

Remember back when he still ran Trump's campaign & he got credibly accused by a Breitbart reporter, of all people, on the wrist & yanking her out of his way? I do.  He's always been this person.

Of course now he spends his days trying to profit off his brief tenure with Trump, doing lobbying or Fox News or whatever else will throw money at him.

1 minute ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Lewandowski is a whole other level of douchebag.

Remember back when he still ran Trump's campaign & he got credibly accused by a Breitbart reporter, of all people, on the wrist & yanking her out of his way? I do.  He's always been this person.

Of course now he spends his days trying to profit off his brief tenure with Trump, doing lobbying or Fox News or whatever else will throw money at him.

This is what Trumpers and Republicans revel in. Mocking disabled reporters, mocking children with down syndrome, attacking gold star families, endorsing child molesters for Senate. This is what they are. Nothing matters except for getting the libs worked up at any cost. 

• Plus1 1

Posted also on the Repub Utopia thread.  Former GOP strategist leaves the Republican party. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-schmidt-renounces-gop_us_5b2a4ce8e4b05d6c16c96a05

Steve Schmidt‏Verified account @SteveSchmidtSES

29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.

It is corrupt, indecent and immoral. With the exception of a few Governors like Baker, Hogan and Kasich it is filled with feckless cowards who disgrace and dishonor the legacies of the party’s greatest leaders. This child separation policy is connected to the worst abuses of

Humanity in our history. It is connected by the same evil that separated families during slavery and dislocated tribes and broke up Native American families. It is immoral and must be repudiated. Our country is in trouble. Our politics are badly broken. The first step to a

Season of renewal in our land is the absolute and utter repudiation of Trump and his vile enablers in the 2018 election by electing Democratic majorities. I do not say this as an advocate of a progressive agenda. I say it as someone who retains belief in DEMOCRACY and decency.

On Ronald Reagan’s grave are these words. “ I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.”  (TG:  Reagan would be rolling over in his grave if he could see this version of the party.  He would have updated his famous quote to:  I didn't leave the Republican party, It left me.) He would be ashamed of McConnell and Ryan and all the rest while this corrupt government

Establishes internment camps for babies. Everyone of these complicit leaders will carry this shame through history. There legacies will be ones of well earned ignominy. They have disgraced their country and brought dishonor to the Party of Lincoln.

I have spent much of my life working in GOP politics. I have always believed that both parties were two of the most important institutions to the advancement of human freedom and dignity in the history of the world. Today the GOP has become a danger to our democracy and values.

This Independent voter will be aligned with the only party left in America that stands for what is right and decent and remains fidelitous to our Republic, objective truth, the rule of law and our Allies. That party is the Democratic Party.

• Plus1 1

the repubs felt the political heat and corrected the wrong. 

https://www.axios.com/trump-signs-executive-order-immigration-separating-children--4329123c-dd6c-48ab-8f68-2004e3448063.html

President Trump signed an executive order Wednesday intended to end his administration’s policy of separating migrant children from their families at the border, stating that he "wants to keep families together" but also enforce the zero-tolerance policy that created this crisis.

"I feel very strongly about it. I think anybody with a heart would feel very strongly about it. We don’t like to see families separated. At the same time we don’t want people coming into our country illegally. This takes care of the problem.”
— President Trump

The backdrop: The order, which Trump signed sandwiched between Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and Vice President Mike Pence, comes days after Trump and his Cabinet refused to publicly back down from the policy, instead punting the issue to Congress.

Top Trump quotes from the signing:

• "Gonna have a lot of happy people," he said as he signed the order.
  • Trump says his family pressed him on the issue: "Ivanka feels very strongly, my wife feels very strongly about it, I feel very strongly about it. I think anybody with a heart would feel very strongly about it."

•