Immigration Ban

Felony drug defendant tells shocked Miami judge: I work caring for kids seized at border

During the day, Franky Santos attends meetings for people trying to get clean, occasionally performs community service, and appears regularly before the Miami judge who oversees the county's Drug Court.

At night, he's a caregiver for immigrant children being held at a Homestead shelter.

As controversy continues to swirl over the Trump administration's immigration policy — even after it walked back a decision to separate undocumented immigrant children from their parents and house them in shelters — a new question looms: Who's minding the kids?

Though children's advocates and human rights groups have criticized the administration's decision to house even small children in shelters — some of which include chain-link fencing likened to cages — Attorney General Jeff Sessions and other administration officials have insisted that the youngsters are well-cared for.

On Monday, Franky Santos appeared before Circuit Judge Jeri B. Cohen, who is overseeing his case in drug court. Santos told the judge he had just been hired as a "lead youth care worker" at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' compound in Homestead. "I watch over the children," he said, to "make sure they don't sneak off or go anywhere where they're not supposed to."

The judge, who had presided over child welfare cases for more than a decade, appeared to be surprised at Santos' new job. "People with open criminal cases should not be watching children that we have in holding facilities in our country," she said. "I think it's a disgrace."

"I'm just shocked, although I shouldn't be," she added.

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

These people can't even act like they care about kids without screwing it up.

I'm starting to think the Trump family might actually be the world's greatest "trolls".  

They do everything possible to rile up "the haters", and eventually they are going to expose all the "followers" as suckers.  And laugh at everyone while they sit alone counting their money in their sad wastes of lives....

I mean, he even gives it away with his hair!!!!

image.jpeg.23d22d25303b5ce0df66c8959bcebbc8.jpeg

I wonder how much it cost to arrest, detain, prosecute and then jail these illegal immigrants as opposed to just sending them bake to whatever country they cane from? 

If i were to guess i would say its more expensive to do the first which doesn't seem like the fiscally conservative thing to do.

Just got some breaking news from a customer: The democrats are paying to have all these immigrant children shipped up to the border by train then claiming that they're being separated from their families when they get detained :facepalm:

• Plus1 1