Immigration Ban

^^^more on the subject.   Good grief, you make a promise to these recruits and then back away - very obvious it is targeting certain groups/countries etc. 

Seems like before long we'll have our own pure race SS group. 

https://www.axios.com/report-immigrant-military-recruits-being-discharged-from-army-e997843b-8db1-41dc-97b2-973b737ea178.html

At least 40 immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits have been discharged or now have questionable futures in the country despite having been promised citizenship in exchange for their military service, the Associated Press reports.

The details: Per the AP, some who have been discharged said they didn't get an answer as to why, while others said they were told "they'd been labeled as security risks because they have relatives abroad or because the Defense Department had not completed background checks on them." The Pentagon told the AP they were unable to comment "due to the pending litigation."

What they're saying: One Pakistani recruit explained how he learned of his discharge over a phone call, and said he "was devastated, because I love the U.S. and was so honored to be able to serve this great country." He enlisted in April 2016, the AP reports, and had been expecting to ship out for basic training in January 2017, but it had been delayed.

• An Iranian recruit said of his discharge: "It's terrible because I put my life in the line for this country, but I feel like I'm being treated like trash. If I am not eligible to become a U.S. citizen, I am really scared to return to my country."

The discharged recruits have had their basic training delayed, the AP reports, meaning that they can't be naturalized. There are "an estimated 10,000 immigrant recruits currently serving in the military."

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

^^^more on the subject.   Good grief, you make a promise to these recruits and then back away - very obvious it is targeting certain groups/countries etc. 

Seems like before long we'll have our own pure race SS group. 

https://www.axios.com/report-immigrant-military-recruits-being-discharged-from-army-e997843b-8db1-41dc-97b2-973b737ea178.html

So, these people were in the military and serving, by all indications, admirably.  So, they would be technically veterans.

I guess now we are supposed to be selective in what veterans we hold up on a pedestal.  Similar to, we are all supposed to support law enforcement......unless they are investigating Trump.

• Plus1 1

I was thinking about this after hearing about the discharges. Almost none of us carries around documentation to prove our citizenship. That's perfectly fine for us paleskins but what about the people who "look" foreign? How hard would it really be for this racist administration to just start imprisoning or deporting people with legal status because they're Hispanic or Latino?

This happened to 3,000 people from 2007-2016 according to the link below, but those are pre-Trump numbers. I guess if it happened they would have to have their docs mailed by a friend or by the government either to jail or to Mexico. What an awful thing to have to worry about if you weren't lucky enough to be born looking a certain way.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/23/immigration-citizens-know-your-rights/99534722/

• Plus1 2
  • 4 weeks later...

34 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

This monster is no better than Sandusky, IMO.

Preying on themes powerless among us because they couldn't do anything about it.

I'm sure Republicans will endorse him for the Senate. 

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

And Dems will say "it's healthy and natural"...

No, they won’t. And if you don’t understand Fru’s comment you haven’t been paying attention to the GOP’s nominees lately. See the Holocaust denier in Chicago or the accused pedophile in Alabama who almost won the election.

Also, are you another one of those people who thinks pedophilia and/or rape have anything to do with homosexuality?

If so, you’re wrong, and please stop. Grown ups doing what they want to with other consenting grown ups doesn’t hurt you or anyone else.

• Plus1 7

I can respect that a good chunk of America thinks we've been too lax in our immigration enforcement and wants to reverse that. 

But if it comes at this cost, does it not cost us part of our soul as a nation? This is, quite plainly, a crime against humanity. Another human rights abuse by our immigration workers.

I don't know how anyone can read this and not get sick to their stomach and above all, sad. Stuff like this makes me ashamed of my country. 

• Plus1 2