Immigration Ban

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

No, they won’t. And if you don’t understand Fru’s comment you haven’t been paying attention to the GOP’s nominees lately. See the Holocaust denier in Chicago or the accused pedophile in Alabama who almost won the election.

Also, are you another one of those people who thinks pedophilia and/or rape have anything to do with homosexuality?

If so, you’re wrong, and please stop. Grown ups doing what they want to with other consenting grown ups doesn’t hurt you or anyone else.

no...I am referring to the recent Reddit flap where claims that pedophilia is a "natural orientation" just like heterosexuality or homosexuality.

My response to Fru was meant to point out that the majority of mainstream Repubs don't want to see a Holocaust denier or accused pedophile elected...just like most Dems don't want to be associated with the normalization of pedophilia...

I just get sick of lumping everyone together for the sake of making a point as a zinger or drive by.

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

no...I am referring to the recent Reddit flap where claims that pedophilia is a "natural orientation" just like heterosexuality or homosexuality.

And you honestly think that's the majority Democratic stance on it?

Come on man....you're better than that.

My response to Fru was meant to point out that the majority of mainstream Repubs don't want to see a Holocaust denier or accused pedophile elected...just like most Dems don't want to be associated with the normalization of pedophilia...

But.....when the leader of a party openly endorses a pedophile for Senate?  And that pedophile won the nomination in the state when the facts were out in the open?

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I just get sick of lumping everyone together for the sake of making a point as a zinger or drive by.

Do you think a Reddit post is the equivalent to nominating/voting for those people? I don’t think the majority of Republicans are racist or able to overlook pedophilia, but this kind of thing is getting way too normal for the GOP. I also think people who aren’t racist should leave the GOP, especially since the GOP president fails to condemn racists, but I’m someone who’s independent and doesn’t understand that kind of allegiance in the first place.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And you honestly think that's the majority Democratic stance on it?

Come on man....you're better than that.

and you (or Fru) honestly think that the majority of Repubs would advocate electing a molesting youth care worker to the Senate?

I (too) hope you are better than that...

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

and you (or Fru) honestly think that the majority of Repubs would advocate electing a molesting youth care worker to the Senate?

I (too) hope you are better than that...

No, I don't on a National Level.  But, obviously, the majority of voting Republicans in that state were.  And, the leader of the party endorsed him....and...the vast majority of Republicans still support him for President.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, schriznoeder said:

I hate to break it to people, too, but this isn't something completely separate from the economy. Shuttering both illegal and legal immigration is going to sorely disappoint all those people clamoring about the tremendous economic growth since Trump was elected. It's only going to take the problems we already had attracting skilled workers and make them much worse.

There's a reason the Libertarian string-pullers the Koch Brothers are pro-immigration.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I hate to break it to people, too, but this isn't something completely separate from the economy. Shuttering both illegal and legal immigration is going to sorely disappoint all those people clamoring about the tremendous economic growth since Trump was elected. It's only going to take the problems we already had attracting skilled workers and make them much worse.

There's a reason the Libertarian string-pullers the Koch Brothers are pro-immigration.

Half of the people I work with are from a foreign country, and many companies have a policy of picking the American if both are equal. Yet they still got jobs because there aren't enough qualified Americans. We NEED smart people from other countries. Same goes with grad school. Around half the people in my classes were from China, India, Africa, or the Middle East. Americans still had the advantage because they were picked for the teaching assistantships. The fact is these people are coming and paying lots of money to go to school here, and if they stay they are helping with research that helps America, and they are helping big American companies get better.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I hate to break it to the world.....but.....if I were to hire an entire crew of employees and were legally able to hire anyone....I wouldn’t be hiring American kids. 

• Plus1 1