Immigration Ban

On 8/9/2018 at 4:01 PM, sho said:

Maybe he was just trying to get rid of his in-laws (God knows I've wanted mine on a different continent before) before it was too late?  Appears it's too late now.

I would gladly report my mother-in-law to ICE if they would deport her to someplace where I wouldn’t have to see her any more.

:thumbs

Zero ethics and zero morals seem to exist in ICE right now.

Citizenship service conspired with ICE to ‘trap’ immigrants at visa interviews, ACLU says

The ACLU of Massachusetts is accusing the agencies of conspiring to “trap” unsuspecting immigrants on a path toward legal permanent residency by inviting them to these interviews only for ICE to arrest them there. This happened to at least 17 people in 2018 including Calderon, although only 13 qualify as members of the class, according to the lawsuit. The ACLU argues this violates their rights to due process and the Immigration Nationality Act, among other things, for detaining the immigrants before they’ve had a chance to complete the process for seeking legal status.

One ICE agent appeared to prefer scheduling the arrests to avoid drawing media attention.

“As far as scheduling goes, I would prefer not to do them all at one time as it is not only a strain on our ability to transport and process several arrests at once, but it also has the potential to be a trigger for negative media interest, as we have seen in the past,” 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He’s wanted for a homicide. Are we really going to quibble about where and how they apprehend him so they can send him back? 

Why should we take ICE’s word for it?? According to the article there is no documentation or evidence to support this claim. Even their own statement from Friday fails to mention it.

I take it you feel law enforcement should be able to execute their assignments even though not all information is available to the public??? 

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Why should we take ICE’s word for it?? According to the article there is no documentation or evidence to support this claim. Even their own statement from Friday fails to mention it.

I take it you feel law enforcement should be able to execute their assignments even though not all information is available to the public??? 

Yes, I’ll take ICE’s word for it. They are under no obligation to share everything they know with the public. And regardless, if he’s here illegally, my sympathy is limited. 

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, I’ll take ICE’s word for it. They are under no obligation to share everything they know with the public. And regardless, if he’s here illegally, my sympathy is limited. 

fwiw.....this morning mexico is saying they don't have a warrant for his arrest. 

• Plus1 3
20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So you're believing what you want to believe at the behest of ICE and Don Jr. in lieu of any evidence whatsoever?

That's fine as long as we're clear what's going on here.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, hskerprid said:

That's rich! The ACLU putting their .02 in and people actually giving it merit.

Weren't you the one complaining about partisan vitrol? The ACLU takes cases from all sides. Some are good cases, and some aren't. Maybe read the article, because I think this one falls in the good case category.

• Plus1 2