Immigration Ban

Trump's Immigration Order Might Cost Thousands of Americans Access to a Doctor

As a twist, it’s the most needy Americans who will lose out if the doctors are barred from entry. There’s a major shortage of doctors, even though nearly a quarter of all practicing American physicians are foreign-educated, Grover said. One way foreign medical graduates can negotiate to stay in the U.S. after their residency is through a visa waiver under which they agree to practice in underserved areas for several years.

While it won't make us safer and may indeed make us less safe, the Immigration EO will at least do this? #AmericaFirst?

“I’m only in this country to be a doctor, to work and to help people — that’s it,” the woman, Suha Abushamma, told ProPublica. “There’s no other reason.”

betrayed the administration....not the united states.

This quote provides fuller context ..."has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States." LINK.

Well, I am not Jack Bauer but do you think that terrorists can do harm in more ways than just killing?

I don't know much about the human resources for terror groups but I am guessing they are not just looking to fill one job category.

every muslim must be a terrorists?

LLOMS,

Could it have to do with the security of countries?

That's OK, play the game! Funny how no one is answering the obvious qs I posted. Wonder why?

Those Saudi's and Egyptians and Others must be racist, or have DT type dictators! The gall they must have not to allow their own into their countries! Shame, Shame, Shame!

I believe you asked why Saudi Arabia isn't letting Syrians in? Are you saying we should model our refugee/immigrant policy after Saudi Arabia's? Also, they have let Syrian refugees in, they've just made it stricter, and they've been given a lot of crap for it by the international community. According to the BBC they've let in 500,000 since 2011.

As for your question on if it's a Muslim ban, why didn't we ban all countries with lots of Muslims... posters have shown a possible reason for that in Trump's business connections. But there is plenty of evidence that it's a Muslim ban, for instance Rudy Giuliani saying that Trump asked him for ways to ban Muslims legally. Trump himself said he'd like to let more Christian refugees in. It's there plain as day if only you'd look.

Moiraine and LOMS

Please check again on refugees allowed into Saudi? I suspect you will find they are not, allowing refugees in from a similar list of high risk countries.

No, I was not advocating we emulate the Saudi form of controls, just pointing out that even Muslim countries are wary of high risk refugee concerns.

Correct me if I am wrong here!

The 7 countries on the list where the other Muslim countries are not taking refugees from, are countries without functioning governments. I would also like to add that, many posters are asking why DT is not listing other countries? These 7 countries were identified by Obamas national security task force, not DT's!

Trump fires acting US Attorney General

WASHINGTON President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday after she defiantly refused to defend his immigration executive order, accusing the Democratic holdover of trying to obstruct his agenda for political reasons.

Taking action in an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, Mr. Trump declared that Sally Q. Yates had betrayed the administration, the White House said in a statement.

She was only going to be acting AG for another week or two. What difference does it make if she goes on an early vacation?

No one gives a sh*t she was fired. The bullsh*t wording is what's stupid as sin. Not that it's surprising.

You seriously think for a minute Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch would have crossed their handler and broken ranks on any issue? Their loyalty was to the administration not the office and what they thought may or may not have been right was a distant second.

Uh, no? And the fact you asked me that means you're not comprehending my opinion on the matter. I literally just said in the post you're replying to that no one cares she was fired 2 weeks ahead of time. To the rest, people should do what is right regardless of their loyalty to a person or party.

But Obama had a similar policy from 2011 to 2015 without a peep from the AG office. It wasn't until late 2015 or early 2016 that the gates were opened to Muslims but essentially closed to Christians from the Middle East....who were more at risk than Muslims.

^Support it.

Here are the Syrian-refugee admissions to the U.S. since the start of the Syrian Civil War: https://2009-2017.state.gov/j/prm/releases/statistics/index.htm

2007: 17

2008: 24

2009: 25

2010: 25

2011: 29 -- The War "Started" --
2012: 31
2013: 36
2014: 105
2015: 1,682
That's nearly a 700% increase of Syrian refugees in 2016. That's a big change in policy, and if the crime rates from Europe are accurate, then maybe some extra precautions are a good idea... Only time will tell imo.
As to the Christian issue, of those 13,210 refugees in 2016, only 77 (0.5%) were Christian - Compared to Syria's total population of nearly 10% Christians. (A stat that used to be higher)

Estimates of the number of Christians who have fled their country since 2011 vary, but the international Christian charity Barnabas Fund estimated some 600,000 earlier this year, the European Parliament said at least 700,000 had done so, and a Chaldean Catholic bishop from Aleppo last March put the figure at at least one million.

One new report estimates that the Syrian Christian population has dropped from 1.25 million in 2011 to less than 500,000 this year.

I only point out the Christian stat because you asked, I don't think it really makes much difference.... If people need help, if refugees need help, then we should help them without attempting to fill out some religious-demographic quota.... But we should also be cautious and practical about this. A 700% increase is hardly cautious or practical..... Its dumb to put a number on it, because if someone needs help, then they need to be helped end of story, but 13,000 refugees from a high-risk (Obama's wording) country is not something we can consistently sustain without some problems arising, esp if Europe's problems are a truthful indication.
  • Fire 2

Trump fires acting US Attorney General

WASHINGTON President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday after she defiantly refused to defend his immigration executive order, accusing the Democratic holdover of trying to obstruct his agenda for political reasons.

Taking action in an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, Mr. Trump declared that Sally Q. Yates had betrayed the administration, the White House said in a statement.

She was only going to be acting AG for another week or two. What difference does it make if she goes on an early vacation?

No one gives a sh*t she was fired. The bullsh*t wording is what's stupid as sin. Not that it's surprising.

You seriously think for a minute Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch would have crossed their handler and broken ranks on any issue? Their loyalty was to the administration not the office and what they thought may or may not have been right was a distant second.

Uh, no? And the fact you asked me that means you're not comprehending my opinion on the matter. I literally just said in the post you're replying to that no one cares she was fired 2 weeks ahead of time. To the rest, people should do what is right regardless of their loyalty to a person or party.

But Obama had a similar policy from 2011 to 2015 without a peep from the AG office. It wasn't until late 2015 or early 2016 that the gates were opened to Muslims but essentially closed to Christians from the Middle East....who were more at risk than Muslims.

^Support it.

Here are the Syrian-refugee admissions to the U.S. since the start of the Syrian Civil War: https://2009-2017.state.gov/j/prm/releases/statistics/index.htm
2011: 29
2012: 31
2013: 36
2014: 105
2015: 1,682
That's nearly a 700% increase of Syrian refugees in 2016. That's a big change in policy, and if the crime rates from Europe are accurate, then maybe some extra precautions are a good idea... Only time will tell imo.
As to the Christian issue, of those 13,210 refugees in 2016, only 77 (0.5%) were Christian - Compared to Syria's total population of nearly 10% Christians.
I only point out the Christian stat because you asked, I don't think it really makes much difference.... If people need help, if refugees need help, then we should help them without attempting to fill out some religious-demographic quota.... But we should also be cautious and practical about this. A 700% increase is hardly cautious or practical..... Its dumb to put a number on it, because if someone needs help, then they need to be helped end of story, but 13,000 refugees from a high-risk (Obama's wording) country is not something we can consistently sustain without some problems arising, esp if Europe's problems are a truthful indication.

Asking because I don't know the answer, but I do think the answer would matter in discussion. When did the "vetting" start for those 13,210 people? If it started in 2015, then yes, it's not practical or cautious. But if it started in 2011/12, then I think that would make a big difference.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/01/30/president-trump-refugee-executive-order-barack-obama/97249540/

"In 2011, the State Department significantly slowed the number of visas it issued to Iraqis in order to review its vetting process. The concern stemmed from the arrests of two Iraqi refugees on terrorism charges in Bowling Green, Kentucky, in 2011. One of the men was linked through fingerprints to an improvised explosive attack in Bayji, Iraq"

Well, I am not Jack Bauer but do you think that terrorists can do harm in more ways than just killing?

I don't know much about the human resources for terror groups but I am guessing they are not just looking to fill one job category.

every muslim must be a terrorists?

At no time did I say that. This is the problem with this thread and all of them. You are not asking a question you are being "that guy".

I simply said that not all terrorists kill people. There are lots of ways to help the evil.

• Fire 3

What's sad about these conversations (threads) where those who have a contrary opinion are misrepresented, restated to mean something that was not the original intent or labeled is, your forcing some to say screw it, avoiding giving their input and ultimately these threads will be void of reason and criticle dialogue.

Won't that be fun for those who remain?

You want to save time & energy while coming away with an opinion that fits within your box? Simply talk to your mirror!

• Fire 3