Offensive Line 2017

Anyone want to take a shot at what the depth chart for the offensive line will look like next year? Obviously this is one of the biggest concerns that we have as a fan base based on the production last year. I think the trend will continue that all of our freshmen we are bringing in this year will redshirt. They have some talent, but that extra year will only help going forward and build depth.

I think the issues from last year had a lot to do with youth and more to do with injuries with the compounding problem of no depth. I think the line is going to show up more this year and it will do so even with some inevitable injuries as we have much more depth. Will they be great? Nope. Will this line be prepared to do what is asked of them and give our less mobile quarterbacks a chance? Yup.

Ironically I say this without being able to present a viable depth chart, but looking through the roster I see a lot of names that have played and a lot of names that have had good things said about them that have yet to have a chance. Would someone be willing to put their opinion of what a depth chart would look like?

• Fire 2

OT - Nick Gates

OG - Jerald Foster

C - John Raridon

OG - Tanner Farmer

OT - Matt Farniok

-------------------------------------------

OT - Christian Gaylord

OG - Bryan Brokop

C - Michael Decker

OG - Boe Wilson

OT - David Knevel

I'm excited to see what this group can do. Not just this next year, but later in their careers also when they are all mature and experienced.

As we have seen, the backups are extremely important because there WILL be injuries to the front 5. I'm starting to see depth there with quality players (at least as pertained to what we knew with them coming out of HS.)

OT - Nick Gates

OG - Jerald Foster

C - John Raridon

OG - Tanner Farmer

OT - Matt Farniok

OT - Christian Gaylord

OG - Bryan Brokop

C - Michael Decker

OG - Boe Wilson

OT - David Knevel

Raridon over Decker, huh? That's interesting. I know they are really high on Raridon, but wasn't Decker getting a lot of praise too for his work at Center (Was it VV or Collins that paid him a compliment)?

OT - Nick Gates

OG - Jerald Foster

C - John Raridon

OG - Tanner Farmer

OT - Matt Farniok

OT - Christian Gaylord

OG - Bryan Brokop

C - Michael Decker

OG - Boe Wilson

OT - David Knevel

Raridon over Decker, huh? That's interesting. I know they are really high on Raridon, but wasn't Decker getting a lot of praise too for his work at Center (Was it VV or Collins that paid him a compliment)?

That must've been his RS year, because he didn't get any praise last year. MR actually called him out a couple times if I remember correctly. (not in a terrible way)

OT - Nick Gates

OG - Jerald Foster

C - John Raridon

OG - Tanner Farmer

OT - Matt Farniok

OT - Christian Gaylord

OG - Bryan Brokop

C - Michael Decker

OG - Boe Wilson

OT - David Knevel

That must've been his RS year, because he didn't get any praise last year. MR actually called him out a couple times if I remember correctly. (not in a terrible way)

Weren't there rumors he was thinking about giving up on football?

OT - Nick Gates

OG - Jerald Foster

C - John Raridon

OG - Tanner Farmer

OT - Matt Farniok

OT - Christian Gaylord

OG - Bryan Brokop

C - Michael Decker

OG - Boe Wilson

OT - David Knevel

Yes. Haven't heard anything for quite awhile but it was bc he had got multiple concussions.

OT - Nick Gates

OG - Jerald Foster

C - John Raridon

OG - Tanner Farmer

OT - Matt Farniok

OT - Christian Gaylord

OG - Bryan Brokop

C - Michael Decker

OG - Boe Wilson

OT - David Knevel

Yes. Haven't heard anything for quite awhile but it was bc he had got multiple concussions.

Looks like a lot of this relies on Farniok and Raridon being ready to go and Gates/Foster staying healthy. I felt like they were talking about Boe being ready to step in last year but not wanting to burn his redshirt? If so he should be a key contributor right? Also, haven't heard much about Gaylord. He came in fairly well regarded. Anyone have any info on him?

As far as Decker, hopefully he's healthy because at minimum he would be a key rotation guy. A loss entirely of a player like that seems like it pushes you back quite a ways in depth again just as we start to pull ourselves out. As is life though I guess.

What about Cole Conrad? Seems that he and Knevel will have the one-ups over the others from Coach Cav unfortunately :/

If these others cannot beat them out, we've got problems.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Conrad. I feel like he saw so much time to preserve the red shirts. He works at T and G, so he might slide back to G.