Tidbit about Tanner Lee coming to Nebraska

knapplc

Mayhaps the Trent Dilfer curse has made me suspicious of hype from passing drills in basketball shorts.

Trent Dilfer has a SuperBowl championship, just FYI.

Yes I know, Lewis their RB, and the Ravens defense led by Ray Lewis were 90% of the reason they won, but Dilfer did what all competent QBs do: he took care of the ball and made mostly good decisions when he did throw. And at this point, after having Taylor and Tommy at QB for the last 8 years it seems, having a QB who reads the defense and makes good decisions will be a welcome change.

I think it's almost a lock that Tanner Lee is Nebraska's starter next year. Interpret these as you will but these are his career stats after 2 years at Tulane:

Games played: 19

Completions: 328

Attempts: 612

Completion %: 53.6

Yards: 3,601

Yards per attempt: 5.9

Touchdowns: 23

Interceptions: 21

His first year starting was Tulane's first year in that conference.. Nebraksa fans should know joining a new conference can be tough. They actually played a couple ranked teams over those two years. I don't think their defense was very good and they were playing catch up a lot. This never helps a young qbs decision making. That's one problem I saw when watching his film, he just like TA threw into double coverage quite a few times. I don't think their coach was very good since he got fired after his 4th year. I just hope with better coachin and better weapons he improves his turnovers.

I think it's almost a lock that Tanner Lee is Nebraska's starter next year. Interpret these as you will but these are his career stats after 2 years at Tulane:

Those stats DON'T make me feel good about TL. Low comp. %, low yds per, but the real kicker is nearly a 1/1 TD/INT ratio. Plus, lest we forget, Tulane went 3-9 in each of the 2 yrs in which he started a ttl of 19 games. I repeat, this is Tulane.

One would hope the alleged phenom POB could beat this guy out no prob it that also concerns me if he can't.

Mayhaps the Trent Dilfer curse has made me suspicious of hype from passing drills in basketball shorts.

Trent Dilfer has a SuperBowl championship, just FYI.

Yes I know, Lewis their RB, and the Ravens defense led by Ray Lewis were 90% of the reason they won, but Dilfer did what all competent QBs do: he took care of the ball and made mostly good decisions when he did throw. And at this point, after having Taylor and Tommy at QB for the last 8 years it seems, having a QB who reads the defense and makes good decisions will be a welcome change.

I don't think Archie Manning has a Super Bowl ring.

Not sure what that means in terms of evaluating QBs from passing drills in basketball shorts.

Certainly making the #1 Draft pick look like a piece of dog sh#t in passing drills has to count for something. Not sure exactly how well that translates into actual factual division 1 football, though. Did they test how well he can manage games, sense/avoid pressure, et cetera? I'm not sure what the Manning Camp actually looks like I guess.

I suppose you could say I'm a little more optimistic after hearing this, but cautiously so.

• Fire 1

Those stats DON'T make me feel good about TL. Low comp. %, low yds per, but the real kicker is nearly a 1/1 TD/INT ratio. Plus, lest we forget, Tulane went 3-9 in each of the 2 yrs in which he started a ttl of 19 games. I repeat, this is Tulane.

One would hope the alleged phenom POB could beat this guy out no prob it that also concerns me if he can't.

Dude . . .

• Fire 3

Dude . . .
abides...
  • Fire 1

Not sure if any highlights or videos have been posted yet on Tanner Lee but here are a few I've found.

Commentary on Tulane. Skip to the 2:30 mark.

Tulane coach discussing Tanner winning the spot as a Freshman:

Random Tulane game highlights.

Tulsa:

Southeastern Lousiana:

Duke:

Georgia Tech:

Georgia Tech (non homer version):

Houston:

Maine:

• Fire 1

His 2nd year he played with a broken bone in his throwing hand. So that had an effect on everything.

Not sure if any highlights or videos have been posted yet on Tanner Lee but here are a few I've found.

Commentary on Tulane. Skip to the 2:30 mark.

Tulane coach discussing Tanner winning the spot as a Freshman:

Random Tulane game highlights.

Tulsa:

Southeastern Lousiana:

Duke:

Georgia Tech:

Georgia Tech (non homer version):

Houston:

Maine:

That very first throw on the fade route was ridiculous.

Tommy's senior completion percentage: 51.4%. So even with a busted hand Tanner Lee out threw TA.

You also need to understand that he was throwing to Tulane players, being protected by Tulane players. This is a guy that many feel was a true diamond in the rough. The best man for the job wins and pretty much everyone is reporting that man right now is Tanner Lee. That doesn't mean POB is a bust.