Spring Game tickets are on sale to the general public

knapplc

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up 5 tickets for me and the family to go. First time for all of them. I honestly dont think well make it past the 1st quarter but id like them to be part of the atmosphere before the game. Is there any kid friendly things for them to do beforehand. Id like to get them on the field before the game if it were possible, and maybe there dad would like to get on the field also.

Just picked up 5 tickets for me and the family to go. First time for all of them. I honestly dont think well make it past the 1st quarter but id like them to be part of the atmosphere before the game. Is there any kid friendly things for them to do beforehand. Id like to get them on the field before the game if it were possible, and maybe there dad would like to get on the field also.

At halftime they usually let this kids go on the field for a drug free pledge. Pretty cool. I went down with my kids and got to talk with Lavonte David who was back watching the spring game. My kids loved it

At halftime they usually let this kids go on the field for a drug free pledge. Pretty cool. I went down with my kids and got to talk with Lavonte David who was back watching the spring game. My kids loved it

I think they got rid of that. Maybe still do it but kids stay in the stands.

• 3 weeks later...

During his appearance on the Husker Sports Network Wednesday night, Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said there have been about 55,000 tickets sold to the Spring Game.

He pointed out that pace of sales is about 10,000 more than at this time last year, when a crowd of 72,992 ultimately showed up.

That pre-sale number of 55,000 alone would rank as the seventh highest spring game crowd nationally in 2016.

Nebraska's biggest crowd for the event is 80,149 in 2008 -- Bo Pelini's first year as NU's head coach.

Tough number to reach, but if the weather plays nice, the combination of Tanner Lee, Patrick O'Brien and Bob Diaco make you wonder if NU fans might make a run at that record when April 15 shows up.

LJS