Keith Williams Among Rivals' Top 25 Recruiters in the Nation

Mavric

KEITH WILLIAMS, Nebraska

Biggest get: Tyjon Lindsey

Williams is Nebraska’s wide receivers coach, and he helped himself with the collection of talent he attracted to Lincoln at that position in 2017. Williams went to work early, landing four-stars Keyshawn Johnson Jr., and Jaevon McQuitty in March. He also spent a lot of time at Calabasas High in pursuit of Johnson and played a role in convincing four-star quarterback Tristan Gebbia to choose Nebraska. Williams' biggest get, though, was Rivals100 wide receiver Tyjon Lindsey right after Lindsey de-committed from Big Ten rival Ohio State. That commitment came at a crucial time last month and helped the Cornhuskers regain momentum heading into Signing Day.

Rivals

• Fire 1

This is fantastic! Pay him more! Wow, I am feeling the excitment! I daresay, this could easily be the best WR corps EVER assembled @ NE--well, we used to be a running team. I've also got to believe that either POB or Gebbia or both are going to be THE REAL DEAL--best pro style guys since Ferragamo and Humm--and we're going to go all AIR NEBRASKA on this thing! Wooohoooo! Oh, I'm thrilled, THRILLED, and that aint't the Koolaid talkin'! This clearly sets a new standard in the passing attack @ DONU!

And Keyshawn's daddy is gonna be at games and doin' interviews on the boob tube and that is big, BIG for PR. I love this!

And how on earth did Williams get Lindsay to decommit from the infamous tOSU? Does anyone know the details of how that went down?

No idea how he pulled Lindsay, but it's sure to ruffle his buddy's ^^^^ feathers.

I'm glad KW got a chance to redeem himself and took advantage of it. Obviously he's walking a razor's edge now and has to keep his nose completely clean, but he's by all accounts a GREAT coach and recruiter.

Our WR corps is shaping up under him. Really well balanced crew he brought in this year, and I'm not someone who's too broken up over the Calvin situation. As years have passed, I've put less and less energy into following recruiting. Still remember the ups and downs when I was back in high school though :)

No idea how he pulled Lindsay, but it's sure to ruffle his buddy's ^^^^ feathers.

I'm glad KW got a chance to redeem himself and took advantage of it. Obviously he's walking a razor's edge now and has to keep his nose completely clean, but he's by all accounts a GREAT coach and recruiter.

Our WR corps is shaping up under him. Really well balanced crew he brought in this year, and I'm not someone who's too broken up over the Calvin situation. As years have passed, I've put less and less energy into following recruiting. Still remember the ups and downs when I was back in high school though :)

YES YES YES! Any time ya got a chance to stick it to Urbs it's a beautiful thing! KW is also, via the WRs, responsible for Gebbia, so, yeah, I think he's more than redeemed himself. In fact, his next beer's on me!

Not sure KJJ or Gebbia will ever be what we think they will be for us. Just not crazy about their potential from high school to college. It's a different beast.

Toughness, hard, nasty..these kids know nothing of that way. They been cushy for years. I liken it to a kid who grew up playing with mud pies in the Deep South, running barefoot through sticker patches and fighting for lunch money. These kids trained like Drago and had advantages in camps and air conditioning.

However, their notoriety and name recognition gives us some cache and in roads to future players who come from tough places. We need toughness. We need to turn the A/C off.

Not sure KJJ or Gebbia will ever be what we think they will be for us. Just not crazy about their potential from high school to college. It's a different beast.

Toughness, hard, nasty..these kids know nothing of that way. They been cushy for years. I liken it to a kid who grew up playing with mud pies in the Deep South, running barefoot through sticker patches and fighting for lunch money. These kids trained like Drago and had advantages in camps and air conditioning.

However, their notoriety and name recognition gives us some cache and in roads to future players who come from tough places. We need toughness. We need to turn the A/C off.

I am fairly certain, although admittedly do not know for sure, that KJJ will end up being tougher than you think.

Drago did you know...kill Apollo Creed.

All good points. I already cut power to the AC.