84HuskerLaw    520

Latest rumor heard around the water fountain down the hall from the restrooms on third floor is that it has come down to a choice between Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. Nobody knows who it will be but the decision is set to be made sometime in 2017 if both clear their background checks and driver's license reviews Or perhaps it was somebody else from Tennessee or thereabouts?.

Rike Miley    2,188

Not daniel boone people, herman boone. He will stick his foot in your john brown hind parts and then make you run a mile.

Edison's Enemy    448

Don't we still have 2 positions to fill if the 10th is approved? Is Bob Elliot an assistant or not!?

I've heard he's a consultant, not an assistant coach.

Nebfanatic    865

Don't we still have 2 positions to fill if the 10th is approved? Is Bob Elliot an assistant or not!?

if this is the case aren't we still looking to fill 2 coaching positions?

ScottyIce    1,836

I trust you, but I'm also waiting for confirmation from either thesockpuppet or Redux to confirm before I believe it for sure.

Edison's Enemy    448

if this is the case aren't we still looking to fill 2 coaching positions?
Assuming the 10th is approved, you are correct.

Edison's Enemy    448

Andrew Seumalo.

Why a Dline coach?
I'm thinking he will actually take Tavita's GA spot. Haven't heard for sure.

Sounds like he may be stepping into Gundy's role.

Mavric    9,857

I think that's a possiblitly but haven't seen anything yet.

It will be kind of funny if everyone who's been quick to jump on how good of an assistant coach hire this is ends up doing all that for naught.

Nebfanatic    865

It will be kind of funny if everyone who's been quick to jump on how good of an assistant coach hire this is ends up doing all that for naught.

while it would be for naught if we could get another great coach in the fold and have Elliot in a consultant role, that sounds perfect to me. The more great football minds/recruiters/teachers the merrier!

ScottyIce    1,836

while it would be for naught if we could get another great coach in the fold and have Elliot in a consultant role, that sounds perfect to me. The more great football minds/recruiters/teachers the merrier!

Exactly. There is no doubt Elliot is on board in some capacity, it won't change some posters excitement level if he is a "just" a consultant. Having him on board in that role will help a ton and won't take away from recruiting, if that is considered a negative for him.

ColoNoCoHusker    396

Isn't that basically what 'Bama does but on a larger scale with the non-coaching positions?

Honest question: If Elliott is not an assistant, does that mean Bullocks is in the mix for a coaching spot??

Edison's Enemy    448

So much for that source lol

swmohusker    671

Scott booker, ND TE/special teams Coach? Saw a status update and looked at his twitter and it has Nebraska stuff on it. Would fit our need but what capacity would he be joining the staff. 10th assistant,football operations, or not at all?

BlitzFirst    1,007

Scott booker, ND TE/special teams Coach? Saw a status update and looked at his twitter and it has Nebraska stuff on it. Would fit our need but what capacity would he be joining the staff. 10th assistant,football operations, or not at all?

He's joined the administrative staff as an analyst (Special Teams)

Red Five    3,333

I'm just bumping this thread to the top of the page so that I don't always see the Rumor - Player Injury heading when I go to the football board and start to freak out every time i see it.

Red Five    3,333

I'm just bumping this thread to the top of the page so that I don't always see the Rumor - Player Injury heading when I go to the football board and start to freak out every time i see it.

I totally jinxed us, didn't I?

Football Guy Bob    4,872

Will Tavita take Gundersons role until he can coach in 2018? Or did we hire someone else to take his spot.

Todd McShane and Dan Van De Riet pretty much split his position.

Nebfanatic    865

Seems like we are doing fine without Gunderson. Social media train is full steam ahead. I was worried about that loss but looks like he trained his guys well

ColoradoHusk    3,840

Seems like we are doing fine without Gunderson. Social media train is full steam ahead. I was worried about that loss but looks like he trained his guys well

It's not that hard to be good at twitter.

Nebfanatic    865

It's not that hard to be good at twitter.
Well considering we seem to be doing it better than alot of other universities I would say while it's not hard, there is an art to it.

Red Five    3,333

bump

Red Five    3,333

bump

bump