I saw something in the sky tonight..

I am being 100% genuine when I type this.

I was driving East on I-80 tonight, heading back to Lincoln. I went past the York / Waco area around 8:30 and I noticed something in my rear view mirror.

Nobody was driving in my immediate area. There were a few cars maybe a half mile ahead and the same behind me.

At first I thought it may have been a glare from a light or something like that, but after multiple mirror checks for many miles, I was sure that it wasn't a glare.

You can see a few stars when driving on I-80, but they aren't very bright, but this thing was. It was as if you had a star, but 3x the size of ones you see in the sky.

The light kept moving to the left and right, up and down, almost like it was flying, but, again, it was lit up and it never got any smaller as I drove down the road.

I kept trying to rationalize it to myself because I started freaking out a little bit. I had gotten all the way to Crete and I was still seeing it, mirror or no mirror.

I hit the rumble bars like 5 times because I kept looking at it. Every time I looked, it was still up in the sky, moving around in an unorganized little pattern.

I was like, maybe one of the cars behind me has like a glowing kite thing that they're flying out of their sunroof? No way, what about the underpasses?

A drone? Wait a minute, 75mph? How would it be keeping up? I'm not saying it was following me, just that it never seemed to get any smaller from my vantage point.

I still have no clue what it was. By the time I got to the 77 exit, I was just trying to focus on the road and not get myself killed trying to figure this thing out.

It wasn't an airplane, it wasn't a helicopter, and it wasn't a drone. The movements I saw don't match up with those things. It was something else.

Has anyone else ever seen anything in the sky that they couldn't explain? Not just something you aren't aware of, but something that just didn't make any sense?

You can laugh at me now if you want.

• Fire 1

I've experienced something similar and had the same thoughts as you for 10-15 minutes and then at some point I saw that the source of the "star" was coming from the ground and realized it was a really big spotlight someone had running. Kinda like the bat signal. Since it was cloudy that night most of the time it just looked like lights moving around on their own, like flying saucers.

Dunno for sure from your description if you saw the same thing as me though.

The Spooklight - Wikipedia I've personally never seen it, but I know people that have. We used park on the country roads outside of Quapaw waiting to see it.

Hmmmm. That's sounds pretty similar to what I saw.

The thing that I couldn't wrap my head around was that I could see it passing York, Waco, Utica, Beaver Crossing, Goehner, Seward, Milford, Crete. I was checking my mirrors every few seconds and it was still in the sky, no bigger, no smaller, but still moving about in a weird little pattern.

Next time pull over to watch - its safer.

And easier for the aliens to abduct you.

Hahaha. I know. When I got home, it really hit me how reckless I was being at the time, but I honestly couldn't help myself.

I've never come across anything that I couldn't at least guess what it was. This was extremely unsettling to witness, especially since I was driving.

I also experienced something similar although in my case the mysterious light was quite small and actually flew into and around the interior of the car I was driving. It was after dark, and I was traveling along a gravel road on the way home one night from a high school ball game. I still remember it quite vividly.

I first saw the ball of light as I would describe it, perhaps the size of a softbal, which first appeared in my rearview mirror in back of the vehilce as I was traveling perhaps 45 mph. This stretch of road had NO farmsteads or other improvements of any kind and I traveled it many thousands of times over nearly 50 years. It was not near any sort of light source and beyond the electrical lines with transformers and power poles which ran long both sides of the road, I would have no idea what could have possibly created the source of the light so I have no explanation or idea how it happened.

The light ball appeared to follow me in the car for perhaps a half mile and then quite suddenly simply came in through the back glass and circled around the interior of the car, then hung or hovered about the dash and then again circled about the interior of the car and then as suddenly as it came in flew out through a side window and quickly disappeared into the night over a field. I was alone that night but it did happen one other time a couple months or so later and this time I had my then girl friend to become my wife of many years with me. She of course witnessed the event as well. We were not in the exact same location although we were within a mile and half or so.

My initial explanation was to come up with some kind of reflection or other such physical explantion but again, there was no apparent light source anywhere near or apparent. There is almost zero chance it could be explained away as some kind of laser, spotlight or other similar device. This area was nothing but cornfields and pastures etc. I knew well each and every acre of the lands within several miles in all directions. There were no farmsteads, no businesses, no radio or TV or other towers, etc. I drove the same car for over five years after and never once did any kind of similar experience occur after those two. I continued to live in my home a couple miles up the road for another 38 years. It never happened again anywhere or anytime. I was quite awake, alert and sober both times and am quite positive I did not imagine it. Hadn't thought about it for a few years until I read the opening post. Still would appreciate any legit explanations or hearing about others with similar 'close encounters" of the unexplained kind. LOL

• Fire 1

Did you ever see it directly or was it always seen through a mirror?

I ask because I have had the same thing happen a few times and I've usually traced it back to a fixed light source (light inside the car, streetlight, moon, other cars headlights) and the movement was some combination of the car/item/mirror moving around. I remember these occurances because they were a little freaky prior to actually figuring it out.

I'm not saying this is the case but it could be one logical explanation. Windows and mirrors can cause some weird visual things.

Did you ever see it directly or was it always seen through a mirror?

I ask because I have had the same thing happen a few times and I've usually traced it back to a fixed light source (light inside the car, streetlight, moon, other cars headlights) and the movement was some combination of the car/item/mirror moving around. I remember these occurances because they were a little freaky prior to actually figuring it out.

I'm not saying this is the case but it could be one logical explanation. Windows and mirrors can cause some weird visual things.

I was so enamored by it that, after a while, I would turn my entire upper body around to make sure I wasn't just seeing things in my mirror. I saw it directly and it looked exactly the same.

Just so we're clear, I was the only one in danger here. I wouldn't have acted that way if I had cars in my vicinity.

I also experienced something similar although in my case the mysterious light was quite small and actually flew into and around the interior of the car I was driving. It was after dark, and I was traveling along a gravel road on the way home one night from a high school ball game. I still remember it quite vividly.

I first saw the ball of light as I would describe it, perhaps the size of a softbal, which first appeared in my rearview mirror in back of the vehilce as I was traveling perhaps 45 mph. This stretch of road had NO farmsteads or other improvements of any kind and I traveled it many thousands of times over nearly 50 years. It was not near any sort of light source and beyond the electrical lines with transformers and power poles which ran long both sides of the road, I would have no idea what could have possibly created the source of the light so I have no explanation or idea how it happened.

The light ball appeared to follow me in the car for perhaps a half mile and then quite suddenly simply came in through the back glass and circled around the interior of the car, then hung or hovered about the dash and then again circled about the interior of the car and then as suddenly as it came in flew out through a side window and quickly disappeared into the night over a field. I was alone that night but it did happen one other time a couple months or so later and this time I had my then girl friend to become my wife of many years with me. She of course witnessed the event as well. We were not in the exact same location although we were within a mile and half or so.

My initial explanation was to come up with some kind of reflection or other such physical explantion but again, there was no apparent light source anywhere near or apparent. There is almost zero chance it could be explained away as some kind of laser, spotlight or other similar device. This area was nothing but cornfields and pastures etc. I knew well each and every acre of the lands within several miles in all directions. There were no farmsteads, no businesses, no radio or TV or other towers, etc. I drove the same car for over five years after and never once did any kind of similar experience occur after those two. I continued to live in my home a couple miles up the road for another 38 years. It never happened again anywhere or anytime. I was quite awake, alert and sober both times and am quite positive I did not imagine it. Hadn't thought about it for a few years until I read the opening post. Still would appreciate any legit explanations or hearing about others with similar 'close encounters" of the unexplained kind. LOL

Holy sh#t, dude. I thought my experience was freaky! That's messed up. At least you got to share the 2nd time with your wife so you know that you're not crazy.

I just wish I had someone else with me who could vouch for me.

Trump needs to build a wall in space to keep those illegal aliens out

After I kept seeing it for about 15-20 miles straight, I was out of "rational" ideas for what it could be.

I then figured it's got to either be some sort of UFO/Alien type thing or a Trump/Gov. thing.

...or

...BOTH!

giphy.gif