teachercd    2,489

This might have been a thread already but, oh well...

Mine...I was 17ish and my Dad gave me his Saturn SL1. It was silver with blue cloth interior. I loved it!

RedSavage    397

1991 Lincoln Continental. That thing was a boat! Got it at 16 but my birthday is in winter so I wasn't allowed to drive it while there was snow/ice on the ground, which there seemed to be for most of that winter...needless to say I wasn't very happy about having a car and being able to be legally drive but still couldn't drive.

Mavric    8,654

First vehicle I drove regularly was a 1980 GMC pickup.

First car that I actually bought was a 1993 Grand Prix.

TAKODA    543

74 NOVA. Jogged, ran and bussed for years as I saved to buy a newer car. Driving to school after owning it for about 3 months, and someone crossed centerline and totaled me. I got out of the car and walked around it and it was trashed. The key point, I got out of the car and was able to walk. Looking at the car, you would not have thought that was a possibility.

husker B-rent    167

82 Buick Regal. 14 years old when I bought it and started driving it. Had 6 subwoofers and 4 amplifiers in that mamma Jamma!!! I was one cool dude!! Used to drive around and pick up all of my friends til literally no one else would fit in and cruise around town before school. That is until my mom caught me and proceeded to pull me over and rip my ass in the middle of the street...still did it some after though!

1981 Mercury Crapi, err Capri. It had T tops that leaked and a rust hole in the drivers side back seat where you could literally see the road while sitting back there. I hated that car but it cost me 500 bucks.

1995 Redux    4,760

This, but that weird dark brown color. 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

1992-cutlass-ciera-1.jpg

2nd car, 1995 Caprice Classic with American Racing rims

1995_caprice_9c1_2970007471215607653.jpg

El Diaco    4,211

1964 Ford Custom 500 4 door

1964-ford-galaxie-4-door-wallpaper-3.jpg

It had previously been my grandpa's car. Like this pic except it was white.

It had an aftermarket air conditioning unit mounted under the center of the dash.

I used to cuss that car but I wish I had it now.

GSG5545    5,333

92 Chevy pickup that smoked whenever you started it up

Looks almost exactly like this one, but mine had all white grill and bumpers

1998-chevrolet-ck-pickup.jpg

SCode    15

Learned to drive in: 1963 Mercury Meteor, 289 three on the tree

Drove during school: 1976 Ford Pinto, 4 speed

1970 Ford F-100 Custom Sport. 360 four speed with granny first

Drove as a senior: 1964 Mercury Monterey Marauder, 390 three on the tree (loved that car, still do...)

First car I bought: 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 351W (sigh...)

More info than requested, but I like to talk about cars.

huKSer    1,342

First car I bought - green 1967 Rambler

Best feature after locking the keys in my dad's car so often - there were no indoor door locks. You had to be outside and lock the door with the key.

1967AmericanRamblerRightSideView.jpg

TonyStalloni    526

Learned to drive and took drivers test @ 16 in a 61 Corvair, 3 on the floor.

Started driving to school my Jr year in a 59 Ford Fairlane.

Bought before my Sr year a 63 Chevy Biscayne, 3 on the tree 250 6 cylinder

Bought before college a 63 Buick LeSabre auto 401 V8. First car I was kissed in. Lots of memories!

huKSer    1,342

Bought before college a 63 Buick LeSabre auto 401 V8. First car I was kissed in. Lots of memories!

Only kissed?

New idea for a shed thread "First car I ever f'd in"

Savage Husker    528

A silver 1986 Chevrolet Classic Caprice with a soft top. Front row bench seating, it was a freakin boat.

Where I grew up we had a road everyone called the Roller Coaster Rd, one direction was more downhill than the other and as you went through a gully the street had many dips here and there where the concrete sank. I would coast at 25mph at the top of the road and peak at about 45-50mph before the end, often bumping our heads on the roof because of the dips. The suspension had gotten pretty bad by my senior year of high school and being such a long car it would make those dips even more prevelant, but also the tail end would bottom out and shoot sparks at night haha.

The brakes were also really sensitive until the car warmed up. Before I replaced the suspension, I would let the car lurch and pump the brakes, creating a rocking back and forth making it appear as though I had hydraulics...a couple girls actually asked if it was hydraulics, unfortunately both of them were dating good friends :(

knapplc    17,127

My first car was my mom's old car, a 1972 Plymouth Scamp with a 318 v8. It had cotter pins (we called them boat locks) on the front hood. Blinker signals were on the front corners of the car.

It was black and white and looked really similar to this car, but with a different front end and hub caps.

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-american/curbside-classic-1972-plymouth-scamp-a-tasty-little-number/

I drove this car for a year until I rolled it in a ditch/field when I lost control going 80+ on gravel. Sold the engine for more than the car was worth, so that wasn't a terrible result, but I would rather have the car than the money.

ColoNoCoHusker    395

My first car was my mom's old car, a 1972 Plymouth Scamp with a 318 v8. It had cotter pins (we called them boat locks) on the front hood. Blinker signals were on the front corners of the car.

It was black and white and looked really similar to this car, but with a different front end and hub caps.

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-american/curbside-classic-1972-plymouth-scamp-a-tasty-little-number/

I drove this car for a year until I rolled it in a ditch/field when I lost control going 80+ on gravel. Sold the engine for more than the car was worth, so that wasn't a terrible result, but I would rather have the car than the money.

And I really thought knap would post something like this...

De_Dion_stoomdriewieler.GIF

ColoradoHusk    2,870

'89 Chevy Corsica. That thing went from 0 to 60 in about 2 minutes...

chevrolet-corsica-2.8-at--1988-19916-2.j

That made me chuckle in a manner that was audible and I was almost heard by my co-workers.

1995 Redux    4,760

'89 Chevy Corsica. That thing went from 0 to 60 in about 2 minutes...

chevrolet-corsica-2.8-at--1988-19916-2.j

That made me chuckle in a manner that was audible and I was almost heard by my co-workers.

Same! I've driven a couple of those bad boys.

Dewiz    1,282

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic

1989-chevrolet-caprice-pic-22964.jpeg

It was a great solid car that my buddies called the boat that brought us joy while going mudding, paint balling, stereo system, dates, etc.

Sadly an illegal immigrant w/ no license and insurance sideswiped the whole passenger side of the car totally it.....what a douche

MattyIce    1,567

Only kissed?

New idea for a shed thread "First car I ever f'd in"

You mean...

"1st Hotel on Wheels"

obert1    103

1986 Buick Skyhawk. Total piece of crap. There was a dead moth in the dashboard and the pop-up sunroof leaked.

Had an 84, sunroof leaked bad on that one too. We used to take the sunroof out and take turns riding up top through main street. Until we got ticketed for unsafe riding.

ColoradoHusk    2,870

It was a great solid car that my buddies called the boat that brought us joy while going mudding, paint balling, stereo system, dates, etc.

Sadly an illegal immigrant w/ no license and insurance sideswiped the whole passenger side of the car totally it.....what a douche

Just curious why you had to point out he was an illegal immigrant. You could have just called him an a$$hole.

Dewiz    1,282

Just curious why you had to point out he was an illegal immigrant. You could have just called him an a$$hole.
Because that's what happened

GSG5545    5,333

Because only illegals drive with no license or insurance and cause accidents! They're all bad hombres!

Savage Husker    528

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic1989-chevrolet-caprice-pic-22964.jpeg

What a beautiful vehicle. Gas cap behind the license plate too, right?

Dewiz    1,282

Yup had no idea such a thing existed....loved that car it was a tank

Dewiz    1,282

Because only illegals drive with no license or insurance and cause accidents! They're all bad hombres!

As an ex correctional officer that is false.....plenty of white people do this too

NUinID    635

First car I bought - green 1967 Rambler

Best feature after locking the keys in my dad's car so often - there were no indoor door locks. You had to be outside and lock the door with the key.

1967AmericanRamblerRightSideView.jpg

Nice, I had a 66 Rambler American for a couple of years in college. Had Vacuum wipers. I really like the car. It died my Sr year. My first car was a 71 Nova, that a friend of the family gave me.

Savage Husker    528

Yup had no idea such a thing existed....loved that car it was a tank
Haha yessir. Mine was a family car...Mom to brothers to sister to me. My sister dubbed it the Titanic

NUance    6,939

1968 Pontiac Tempest that I bought for $500 when I was 15. (Yeah, 15. Before I had a license or even a learner's permit. lol). It looked about like the one below, except a little more beat up and without chrome wheels or a hood scoop. :lol:

pontiac-tempest-1968-4.jpg

El Diaco    4,211

Just an observation. There are some pretty cool cars in here and also some real POS's :lol:

teachercd    2,489

1968 Pontiac Tempest that I bought for $500 when I was 15. (Yeah, 15. Before I had a license or even a learner's permit. lol). It looked about like the one below, except a little more beat up and without chrome wheels or a hood scoop. :lol:

Am I crazy or was that the same type of car from My Cousin Vinny?

ColoradoHusk    2,870

It was a '63 Pontiac Tempest that the actual murderers drove. The defendants were driving a '64 Buick Skylark.

teachercd    2,489

It was a '63 Pontiac Tempest that the actual murderers drove. The defendants were driving a '64 Buick Skylark.

And one had positraction

Enhance    2,930

Got a 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i when I was 16 - got it as a lease (with my parents as co-signers) but was able to pay the whole thing myself while working in HS and college. Eventually, I even bought the damn thing and paid it off just a few years ago!

subaru_impreza_manu_0029.jpg