WR Tommy Bush [Georgia- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bush commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 05:25 PM

5 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I'll give you a plus 1 on this because I am a huge Kobe fan. Other than that, do not dismiss the fact that Tommy Bush was not overly interested in Nebraska until the writing on the wall started to show itself to him. 

That's not what we're talking about though: you stated that Bush is "overhyped". My point is that his offer list, which has teams like 'Bama, LSU, OU, Texas, FSU, USC and Incarnate Word, is staggering. 

Now, if he's overhyped by Nebraska fans, that's one thing. I've never been too enamored with him myself, but the guys has a very impressive list of schools that he has offers from, regardless if the one he wants isn't willing to take him right now. 

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That's not what we're talking about though: you stated that Bush is "overhyped". My point is that his offer list, which has teams like 'Bama, LSU, OU, Texas, FSU, USC and Incarnate Word, is staggering. 

Now, if he's overhyped by Nebraska fans, that's one thing. I've never been too enamored with him myself, but the guys has a very impressive list of schools that he has offers from, regardless if the one he wants isn't willing to take him right now. 

He is overhyped and it has a lot to do with him being from Texas and being 6ft 5in. Texas sees him all the time and they will not accept his pledge because they see other guys simply as better. Tommy Bush is option B and C for many of the top programs in the country. It warrants an offer but again they are not committable. 

4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Example A: Sean Ryan. Tried to commit to us (publicly even), we told him no. He had an "offer", but it wasn't a commitable one. 

Not all offers are the same. 

Thank you

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

He is overhyped and it has a lot to do with him being from Texas and being 6ft 5in. Texas sees him all the time and they will not accept his pledge because they see other guys simply as better. Tommy Bush is option B and C for many of the top programs in the country. It warrants an offer but again they are not committable. 

Thank you

Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify your opinion. In this case, kid's got a great offer list and is a 4 star on every service. Shine on, you crazy diamond. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Cdog923 said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify your opinion. In this case, kid's got a great offer list and is a 4 star on every service. Shine on, you crazy diamond. 

Sorry man, you just do not understand how this works. It is fine though because like I said earlier, I couldn't expect you to. 

Offer list is a nice thing to look at, but like every other thing out there it can be way overhyped. Offers are only reported and are often not comittable as people have said, because that's the crazy way this game works. Even height/weight gets exaggerated. 

We're splitting hairs here. He's a very good prospect. Is he as elite as this 44-list of who's who offers would imply? Maybe not. Neither of those things may have any bearing on his ultimate success, though. 

• Plus1 1

He does have an excellent offer list, no denying that. I think he has tremendous potential and those offers reflect that. But I've thought he might be boom or bust at the next level. An interesting prospect who I will trust our staff's judgement on if he commits to us but I won't be overly concerned if he ends up elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

He does have an excellent offer list, no denying that. I think he has tremendous potential and those offers reflect that. But I've thought he might be boom or bust at the next level. An interesting prospect who I will trust our staff's judgement on if he commits to us but I won't be overly concerned if he ends up elsewhere.

I feel like boom or bust would implicate that coaching isn't a factor. He's either got it or he doesn't. Development is largely on the coaches. If they believe the potential and work ethic are there that limits the bust portion or that statement. Trust KW to do his job and develop so it's not all or nothing.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Texas already has 3 WRs with 11 on it's roster.  It's possible that's all they are going to take or they have their eyes on some ultra stud 5 star player to fill a final spot.

This very well might not have anything to do with his abilities and I would be happy if he decided to come to Nebraska.

Didn't even think about that. Hopefully this works in our favor. Him and Moore could be a lethal combination a couple years from now. 

7 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

He is the guy Nebraska can take if we swing and miss for the fences. Conversely, if we get Jalen Hall, Isaah Crocker and one other big namer we won't need him.

If we do get him or have a spot open for him, I trust KW could make him into a good player by his third year in the program. Remember coach dub got a lot out of Alonzo Moore, which was catching passes consistently and he turned out to be a solid player for us. 

• Plus1 1