WR Tommy Bush [Georgia- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bush commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 05:25 PM

Here is my thought on him.

I will take him, because he offers a certain unteachable intangible that we don't have on our roster right now. (height)

If all of the recruiting services are saying he is a 4 star talent, perhaps part of it is because his location and his height, but even if he is 6'0, he's at least a 3 star right?  At this point, we do need bodies in our WR room and I will take him and believe that are staff isn't just going after guys who are ranked highly by recruiting services. I believe they know what they are doing. We wouldn't be trying to get him to visit if we didn't want him. For me, I'd love to add him to our receiver room, even if he drops to a 3 star late in the season.

37 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Here is my thought on him.

I will take him, because he offers a certain unteachable intangible that we don't have on our roster right now. (height)

If all of the recruiting services are saying he is a 4 star talent, perhaps part of it is because his location and his height, but even if he is 6'0, he's at least a 3 star right?  At this point, we do need bodies in our WR room and I will take him and believe that are staff isn't just going after guys who are ranked highly by recruiting services. I believe they know what they are doing. We wouldn't be trying to get him to visit if we didn't want him. For me, I'd love to add him to our receiver room, even if he drops to a 3 star late in the season.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but just because we are trying to get someone to visit doesn't they are a take. We got Sean Ryan to come visit on his own dime then cooled, same with a few guys last year. Now, I do think we would take Bush's commitment in a heartbeat. 

24 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I agree with most of what you're saying, but just because we are trying to get someone to visit doesn't they are a take. We got Sean Ryan to come visit on his own dime then cooled, same with a few guys last year. Now, I do think we would take Bush's commitment in a heartbeat. 

Yeah, you're right. We do want visitors that could potentially be back-up plans in the end.

Even a guy like Ryan though, he wasn't even good enough apparently to be a back-up plan, because otherwise we could've taken him.

So I watched his film on 247 and here is my uneducated takeaway.

He may be overhyped as a WR.  When I watched the highlights, I thought he ran routes and straight line like a TE.

Having said that, if Cam Jurgens moves to defense, it wouldn't suck to have an tall, overhyped WR committed and possibly moved to TE down the road.

5 hours ago, NM11046 said:

You can disagree with someone without calling them stupid.  

Oh yeah? Look I am not a coach but I worked for the football staff at Cerritos College for a few years. I brought kids on their visits and worked their camps. I witnessed NFL and D1 players on a yearly basis and have seen tons of tape. I have some experience beyond just HUDL grazing. I also know the recruiting game like the back of my hand. I can find out information about CA recruits because I have the connections. I am very adamant on this board about those things. I am not trying to toot my horn but there are somethings that I know that I couldnt expect the casual fan to know and it is kept that way. Don't grill because of this, I just had to say it. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

Kid is 6'5 and runs a 21.5  electronic 200m and a 11.0 100m.  I will take this kid in a heartbeat.  Kid has an incredibly high ceiling and runs by defenders with ease.  

I understand the numbers but I would caution them. Most numbers are exaggerated and guys do not run like that with pads on. His tape shows that. If you're asking me, he runs a 4.8 which is okay because most guys run that. I wish I would have re worded some of my opinions on him because I don't think he is a bad player. Nebraska needs more quick twitch guys on O with great hip movement. I would like to see them go that route because as nice as 6ft 5 inches is, height is very overrated at that position. So when I see his tape, I do not see anything special. I am also aware that he was not hyped about Nebraska until now... since UT is essentially telling him yes but no. Nebraska needs guys to come in here and play right away and who can seperate from OSU, WISC Dbs. Yes I could be very wrong and for that matter I hope so but I have seen this tape before. Again, I could be wrong. 

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I understand the numbers but I would caution them. Most numbers are exaggerated and guys do not run like that with pads on. His tape shows that. If you're asking me, he runs a 4.8 which is okay because most guys run that. I wish I would have re worded some of my opinions on him because I don't think he is a bad player. Nebraska needs more quick twitch guys on O with great hip movement. I would like to see them go that route because as nice as 6ft 5 inches is, height is very overrated at that position. So when I see his tape, I do not see anything special. I am also aware that he was not hyped about Nebraska until now... since UT is essentially telling him yes but no. Nebraska needs guys to come in here and play right away and who can seperate from OSU, WISC Dbs. Yes I could be very wrong and for that matter I hope so but I have seen this tape before. Again, I could be wrong. 

Those numbers are not exaggerated bc they are verified track times.  You do not run a 21.5 without some quick twitch.  What tape have you seen before?   A guy with these measurables not being very successful?  

Here are his Spark score from his Hudl account.  It had the Spark verified next to them, so they must be fairly legit.  4.47 seems pretty quick too.  

• Height & Weight: 6'5" 187lbs
  • Nike Football Rating: 113.07
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.47
  • Shuttle: 4.15
  • Vertical: 36.4
  • Powerball: 36
15 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Those numbers are not exaggerated bc they are verified track times.  You do not run a 21.5 without some quick twitch.  What tape have you seen before?   A guy with these measurables not being very successful?  

Here are his Spark score from his Hudl account.  It had the Spark verified next to them, so they must be fairly legit.  4.47 seems pretty quick too.  

• Height & Weight: 6'5" 187lbs
  • Nike Football Rating: 113.07
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.47
  • Shuttle: 4.15
  • Vertical: 36.4
  • Powerball: 36

Hmm interesting. If those sparq scores are legitimate from Nike then I'm impressed. I will say though that my eyes tell me otherwise and maybe he doesn't run well with pads on. He is slight so maybe that's the case. I have seen hundreds of tape that look like this. He is not bad at all. He appears to have really good hands. But again, these numbers are telling me he is quicker and faster than tyjon and he is not even close. I'm sorry but I just don't believe it.