What ever happened to

Hopefully this is useful:

This is a little off topic, but I'llpost it up anyway and get ready for the beat down ... again.

Well what do you expect to happen when first you say you hope our program loses every single game until we put in the kid that you've got such a raging hard on for, and then second you break board rules (yes, this is entirely off-topic) and don't learn anything?

Last year I posted a video of a Jr High player that was about to enroll at Katy. I was rudly accused of "pimping him out" ... but I was trying to give you guys a heads-up on him.

We're not coaches or on staff as evaluators dude. Why the hell do we care about an 8th or 9th grade football player in small town Texas? Maybe someone on here that I don't know about is regular text buddies with Mike Riley, but the fact remains that literally all you have ever done on Huskerboard is talk about your high school and your school's kids and how great it all is and how would you ever expect to be received well on a NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS messageboard when not only do you ever talk about Nebraska football, but you also don't engage with any other conversations about politics/religion, other sports, general b.s., or anything; all you talk about is Katy.

It's cute that you almost had tears brought to your eyes because of how our mentally handicapped no good D1 P5 coaches ruined the career of your all-universe high school runningback who, despite your heartbreak, seems to have a great attitude and loves Nebraska.

Here's my question though. Have you ever even met Adam Taylor? Or do you really fawn celebrity idol worship over complete stranger 14-18 year old kids?

Howdy gang. Congrats on your win last night! If there was a team that looked like it didn't belong in a bowl game...it sure WASNT Nebraska. So reason for joining is I'm trying to find out any info on my boy- Adam Taylor. Looking @ stats last night everyone got carries including the trombone section...but no Adam Taylor? I'm from Katy and saw all of his h.s. games, so I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter in his fb career. I know he had the injury before beginning of last yr., but what the hecks going on? Young man is a beast...and a really good kid to boot. Any insight would sure be appreciated. Good luck next season!

Welcome to da board. I've been wondering the same thing for some time. Adam red-shirted when the coaching staff asked and played on the practice squad and was complimented at that time by the players and staff as being ready to play and was a real load to bring down. Then the broken ankle. Then nothing and he got very few meaningful reps in pre-season practice when Riley took over. I am guessing there may have been a rehab issue with the ankle. But that seems odd with Adams rehab and return to field after he tore his ACL in high school. So, I put him getting about near zero play time on the sports med folks and the new Mike Riley coaching staff that has no appreciation for a power run offense. IMHO Mike Riley is in way over his head at Nebraska. He came in there with no intention of putting in a power run based offense. His piss-poor coaching and game mgt. skills were on full display for the 6-7 games of the season. His clock mgt. and play calling skills were about as bad as it could get. He had players who were starters last year who were good performers were now judged to be so bad that they should

not be allowed to be on the field. There were players with demonstrated on field skills now riding the bench for some mysterious reason.

I'm amazed the Huskers with Mike Riley in charge was able to finish the season with a few Wins.

If I was Adam I'd get the hell out of there. IMHO, and it's sad to say this, but with Mike Riley as head coach, Nebraska is a place where great talent goes to die.

At one time Nebraska had an open door with the possibility of building a pipeline to the nations#1 (per the final 2015 rankings of USA Today, MaxPreps, VYPE, and HSFB100) ranked HS football program in the country. That train left the station the day Mike Riley rolled into Lincoln.

Mike Riley's coaching shills are so bad, I had to quit watching the last half of the season. It was hard to watch the players busting their buts to try to win a game and be in a position to win ... only to have Mike Riley sabotage their efforts by his idiotic play calling or his deaf, dumb and blind clock mgt. decisions. Mike Riley is Mike Riley and will coach like Mike Riley. Why the AD and Admin. hired him ... I have no clue ... and Riley is well on his way in destroying the Nebraska Brand of Football

I googled Mike Riley ... and it popped up idiot. And maybe I heard it wrong or saw it wrong, but was that #28 Adam Taylor who downed a punt. OMG and some folks here think Riley and staff know what they are doing. For me, I hope Nebraska loses every game till they play Adam Taylor at I-back. No excuses here. Riley knew the Hail Mary was coming and even called a time-out to prepare for it ... EPIC FAIL. Ya'll need to start looking for a replacement. Have a feeling it is going to be an ugly year.

Keep playing the starting 5 O-linemen every play the whole game every game ... morale with the 2's & 3's will

drop to where they lose interest ... then you lose the battle in the trenches when a couple starters go out with an injury. It is a death spiral coaching philosophy.

By the way ... for the Husker faithfull ... you don't even want to read the comments about Nebraska on the Katy Tiger Board. No biggie because, hey, it's only a high school and what do they know. And that may be true, but it has also been one of the nations most dominant HS football programs for the last 2 decades

I always gave you the benefit of the doubt and made the choice to treat you kindly since you started posting here, because you were never negative or problematic, but I think from the very beginning I knew who you were, and you just proved it.

You don't care about Nebraska football. You care about the glory of your high school and the boner you get as a grown man when 18 year old boys from your school get exciting opportunities to bring praise and honor to your alma mater. You're friends with the Taylor family, right? You think his parents would be like, "Ha, good ole candyman, gotta love him" or more like, "What the actual f***" if they saw your 175 posts on a messageboard dedicated to praising their son? Or what about the eighth grader that you keep pimping out?

We. Literally. Do. Not. Care. At. All. About. What. Katy. High. School. In. Texas. Has. To. Say. About. Us. Nobody here gives two craps about your school.

Shame on your piss poor, cowardly perspective. You think Adam wants this team to lose just because he's not getting a lot of snaps? You think he'd respect you hearing that you hope his team loses until he gets his chance? Nah, man. He'd say that's pathetic and team first.

Maybe Riley and the RB coach need to take a look at this video so they may get an appreciation for what Adam Taylor can do

so they can do something to encourage him to reach his potential. I can just imagine how discouraged Adam may be having not touched the ball in a game for over 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_zQYt9o2w

The coaches may think they have an idea of what Adam can do, but after watching this maybe it could open their eyes as to what his potential really is if given the opportunity. Not giving him the opportunity to be productive is the fastest way to have the door closed to the Huskers for any future opportunities to recruit others from a great high school program.

Man, you've been a lot of fun to have around and provide insight on Adam and the Katy program, but do you not think that the coaches know better than you do?

The tone of your post(s) seems to be that you're sure the coaches think they know about Adam, but if they knew what you knew, they would see him more truly, and that seems kind of silly to me. I'm sure they have a better grasp of him as a player right now than any of us do, especially since we haven't seen him play the last two years, and we haven't seen how he responded from his injury.

These guys are successful, paid professionals. You're a guy on the internet linking film of 8th graders, and I'm a guy on the internet giving you grief for it. I'm still very high on Adam as well, in large part to your input through his recruiting process and since, but it doesn't look like he's ready to be a gamechanger yet. :P

After watching the game this weekend, I really question whether these paid professionals know what they are doing. They knew the Hail Mary was coming and even called a time out to prepare for it and it was an epic fail. Then maybe my eyes are failing but was that Adam Taylor #28 who downed a punt?

Ya, I don't think Riley knows what he is doing and he most likely has not seen that video. If he knew what he was doing Adam Taylor would be carrying the rock instead of downing punts and Nebraska would be 1-0 to start the year. And when the O-line falls apart because the back-ups have no game experience or chemistry with the starters ... it won't matter who is carrying the rock ... they are going to get stuffed every carry.

All for the sake of saying the O-line needs to prepared to play the whole game if necessary and they needed that experience. Riley got lucky with his experiment ... what would you think if a couple of the O-line got injured when they were a little fatigued.

And this RB by committee just proves he doesn't know what to do. Just watch a political figure who is asked about an issue he knows nothing about ... he/she will say the issue is important, so much so, that they support appointing a committee to figure it out. That's because they have no clue as what to do.

Gonna be a long season and could get real ugly. The beginning of ugly was on full display this weekend.

• Fire 1