The weaponized AI propaganda machine

zoogs

https://scout.ai/story/the-rise-of-the-weaponized-ai-propaganda-machine

“This is a propaganda machine. It’s targeting people individually to recruit them to an idea. It’s a level of social engineering that I’ve never seen before. They’re capturing people and then keeping them on an emotional leash and never letting them go,” said professor Jonathan Albright.

(...) This new wave has brought the world something exponentially more insidious -- personalized, adaptive, and ultimately addictive propaganda. Silicon Valley spent the last ten years building platforms whose natural end state is digital addiction. In 2016, Trump and his allies hijacked them.

Yeesh.

• Fire 2

https://scout.ai/story/the-rise-of-the-weaponized-ai-propaganda-machine

“This is a propaganda machine. It’s targeting people individually to recruit them to an idea. It’s a level of social engineering that I’ve never seen before. They’re capturing people and then keeping them on an emotional leash and never letting them go,” said professor Jonathan Albright.

(...) This new wave has brought the world something exponentially more insidious -- personalized, adaptive, and ultimately addictive propaganda. Silicon Valley spent the last ten years building platforms whose natural end state is digital addiction. In 2016, Trump and his allies hijacked them.

Yeesh.

listen to KFAB all day and you will see the right wing propaganda machine in full motion

Wouldn't matter to the HB consortium that frequents these P & R threads Zoogs. There is no doubt that it has, has been/is (funding/manipulating) happening on both sides, rep/dems or if you like conserv/libs, for much longer than just this particular election! If some, want to wear their blinders and say this glove only fits one side, be my guest, It matters not to me!

Wait for it ~

200.gif#44

• Fire 1

1. Yes I read it, yes it is interesting and makes sense. Yes, I can see it being used for political gain. Scary huh?

2. My initial response was too commandos reply.

3. Even though my response was originally to commando, I stand by my follow up comments to you. This type of profiling is not unique to the Conservative party or Liberal party. Companies have been harvesting the type of data being used in this example for years and believe it or not, you are being programmed to do things without your knowledge, everyday. Your insurance companies, employers, retailers get data from companies such as Acxiom, Epsilon where they give companies analytical data on your everyday life, your uses of social media, your buying habits, your preferred travel and anything else they think has a value to others.

It does not shock me that DT could be linked to uses of this type of analyitical data for his gain, but if he has access to it, so does anyone else with a thick checkbook, and that includes those who have or had a vested interest in the election.

Knapp, I respect you but once again you being smug with me, gets old. Your life experiences don't match up with mine so don't pretend to know what I do or don't know, based a rehearsed set of questions that you formulated through your history here on a message board battles.

Bottom line boys, I obtain my opinions based on my life experiences. I do not need a track to run on and rarely rely on preconceived notions. It's not I who is looking for corroboration to insure I am living life as others would like me too. Right or wrong, the decisions I make are mine!

• Fire 5

Great article, zoogs. Thanks for that.

Cambridge Analytica. I had heard of it but knew little of the specifics. I knew it was the brainchild of the Mercers, who were the real big money behind Trump. With the Mercers came money, but also came Kellyanne Conway and Steve Bannon. It's not too hard to connect the dots on the small cabal that now controls the government. I did learn something new though:

installs Cambridge Analytica board member Steve Bannon on the National Security Council

Interesting.

It still blows my mind that people complained about Clinton being too beholden to big money. You had the Mercers and Sheldon Adelson bankrolling Trump, himself an _illionaire, and a cabinet full of plutocrats.

Gosh, I didn't know how deep this rabbit hole went. It's insidious how far these data collection and bot/influence campaigns have come. It's creepy to think about so much of our politics being artificial and contrived.

Here I'm worried about politicians gerrymandering and suppressing the vote, and it turns out there is big money at play working to influence folks' opinions directly.

Pretty jacked up stuff.

Unlike the left wing and paid protest, paid social media trolls posting in social media platforms. Got it, only valid when looking at opposition

this is funny. i am registered republican. but i am more centrist that leans right than extreme left or right. both extremes are harmful IMO....and this administration is so far right wing that it scares me now. but i guess that does make me an extreme liberal to the current republican party. I guess it's time to go find a new party to support if the republicans will march in goosestep with this administration.

• Fire 1

1. Yes I read it, yes it is interesting and makes sense. Yes, I can see it being used for political gain. Scary huh?

3. Even though my response was originally to commando, I stand by my follow up comments to you. This type of profiling is not unique to the Conservative party or Liberal party. Companies have been harvesting the type of data being used in this example for years and believe it or not, you are being programmed to do things without your knowledge, everyday. Your insurance companies, employers, retailers get data from companies such as Acxiom, Epsilon where they give companies analytical data on your everyday life, your uses of social media, your buying habits, your preferred travel and anything else they think has a value to others.

It does not shock me that DT could be linked to uses of this type of analyitical data for his gain, but if he has access to it, so does anyone else with a thick checkbook, and that includes those who have or had a vested interest in the election.

Knapp, I respect you but once again you being smug with me, gets old. Your life experiences don't match up with mine so don't pretend to know what I do or don't know, based a rehearsed set of questions that you formulated through your history here on a message board battles.

Bottom line boys, I obtain my opinions based on my life experiences. I do not need a track to run on and rarely rely on preconceived notions. It's not I who is looking for corroboration to insure I am living life as others would like me too. Right or wrong, the decisions I make are mine!

Your life experiences don't validate your opinion. You are no more right because you spent time inside your skin than I am because I spent time inside mine.

Educate yourself, speak from a position of knowledge, or stop complaining when your baseless opinions are skewered.

It is not anyone else's fault that you cannot or do not provide facts to support your beliefs.

All opinions are not equal. Some are qualified, some aren't. The people who have the most respect around here or any other message board, coffee shop, lunch counter or highway diner are the ones who have the ability to support their opinions with facts. That's the great thing about Nebraska culture - we're a bunch of bullshitters. And you can't bullshit a bullshitter.

Where are these paid protesters? What evidence do you have that this is an actual thing?

• Fire 1

Your life experiences don't validate your opinion. You are no more right because you spent time inside your skin than I am because I spent time inside mine.

Educate yourself, speak from a position of knowledge, or stop complaining when your baseless opinions are skewered.

It is not anyone else's fault that you cannot or do not provide facts to support your beliefs.

All opinions are not equal. Some are qualified, some aren't. The people who have the most respect around here or any other message board, coffee shop, lunch counter or highway diner are the ones who have the ability to support their opinions with facts. That's the great thing about Nebraska culture - we're a bunch of bullshitters. And you can't bullshit a bullshitter.

Where are these paid protesters? What evidence do you have that this is an actual thing?

LMAO, me, educate myself (POT/KETTLE).

First, let me state clearly for the record once again, that I did not vote for the man that is in office. I did not believe he was the answer to our nations issues. I also did not vote for HC, who I know was not the answer!

So my allegiance is not to any one person, but the country as a whole.

Paid protesters, funded schemes, disruption of events, chorigraphed outcomes, all wrong, yet very much part of this election and you can try to deflect any posed input, by virtue of your group think and stanch support or hate of Trump. So be it, I cant change you hatred of DT nor do I care to.

Do I have irrefutably (in your minds) evidence that the corruption or wrong doing you say is only on the Trump side, is or has happened on the Dem side or Libral side or DNC. IMO and through my experiences, yes, in your opinion, I am sure you will find fault and once again dismiss anything that presented.

Again, I don't care what you want to believe, its your life, your call, your decison! Just don't sit there and condemn all who don't see life as you do, as being uneducated or ignorant. (POT/KETTLE). I would also like to say that this very attitude, is what caused America, to vote DT in the first place with the so called elite or career students, preaching to the working class or blue collar, that DT was a dumb ass and could not and should not win, because the supremely educated liberal views, are the future and DT is just ignorant. Again, did not vote for DT and do not fall in line with all his thinking or plans.

Your right Knapp, there has been no manipulation or attempted manipulation to sway those who were leaning DT, through event disruptions, instigation, protesting which were funded by those you are defending.

You are right Knapp that the Liberal way of life is the only thing that matters, and all of us who see life differently than those who sit on a message board daily for years on end have no reality to base their opinions on.

My opinions are based on my experiences, due to what I have been exposed too, but for you, I searched the net a little just to see what I might be able to share with the group here at HB. Now, I am sure you will come back with BS, this is BS, but, once again, I don't care, believe what you want to believe.

This is not how I based my opinion, but gives you some slighty less incriminating information, than what I based my opinion on.

For those of you who watching at work, NSFW (language). Also, after watching the two shared links, see bottom link that provides additional reporting that provided data that this was not made up BS. <-- I am sure you will say it is BS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/19/two-democratic-operatives-lose-jobs-after-james-okeefe-sting/?utm_term=.f5fb050227ae

Gals and guys, do as you wish, believe what you want, and carry on with your quest. Those of you who can earn a buck for showing up and peacefully demonstrating or posting a thought process on a message board, go for it!

You dont know what you dont know.

Sincerely,

The uneducated and ignorant majority.

• Fire 1