Mmmmm my favorite thing about Kauai was the gelato spot in Poipou - Papalani Gelato. GO! Right now.

Will never go back cuz of the dam chickens though. I have very real ornothophobia and those things are everywhere ... at the pool, in the trees, at the beach, at the rental car spot at the airport. Ick. Maui for me all the way (or BI)

chicken-farm.jpg

Hard to say what my favorite vacation has ever been. I haven't been to many places outside the country other than Cabo and on a couple of Bahama Cruises. I do enjoy the 3 day weekend thing to recharge the batteries.

Probably my favorite weekend is Vegas. Just got back a couple of weeks ago. The winter here in Idaho has been terrible. Normally we get about 8-10 inches of snow in the treasure valley at 2" incriments and it melts the next day. This year we have had 40" and we still have about 10" on the ground and it has basically sucked. Anyway, my wife took me to Vegas for my birthday. Saturday all we did from about 9-4 was walk up and down the strip and enjoy the sun and the 70 degee weather.

I would de Vegas a couple of weekends a year if I could get away with it. Drink a little, go to a show, gamble a little, people watch and enjoy the sights. To me that is a great way to recharge the batteries. San Fran, and Seatlle are also great places to visit for the weekend.

Mmmmm my favorite thing about Kauai was the gelato spot in Poipou - Papalani Gelato. GO! Right now.

Will never go back cuz of the dam chickens though. I have very real ornothophobia and those things are everywhere ... at the pool, in the trees, at the beach, at the rental car spot at the airport. Ick. Maui for me all the way (or BI)

chicken-farm.jpg

Nightmare.

Walked by your gelato place a handful of times on my way to Puka Dog, but never stopped. We prefer the Hula Pie for dessert at Keoki's/Duke's/whatever else that group calls its restaurants.

Also, if you hate chickens I can see why you wouldn't want to go back. Those little mf'ers are everywhere.

• Fire 1