Assistant Coach Salaries

Mavric

MC, coaches make sh#t tons of $ for other people and they regularly get fired after only a few years. It's not really something to be upset about.

You're misunderstanding my post.

I have no problem with a football coach at a P5 making 1-2 million a year.

I have no problem with coordinators making up to ~400K a year.

I have no problem with assistant coaches making up to ~100-200K a year.

Those are salaries that more than adequately compensate for the long hours and getting fired.

But coaching salaries, particularly for college football, are spiraling out of control.

Am I literally alone in thinking that most college football coaches are over-paid?

Yep. A college Coach can do more for a university that any other single person than works there. Saban is probably worth double what he is being paid. Bama enrollment, especially out of state, has sky rocketed since he has been Coach. Same deal with high schools. There are a couple dominant program in my area and the schools can get whatever they want from the community with bond issues bc people love that school/program.

MC, coaches make sh#t tons of $ for other people and they regularly get fired after only a few years. It's not really something to be upset about.

Ehhh, at least they get a buyout if they get fired. I'm a capitalist so I'm all for making as much money for oneself as possible. That being said, 99% of these guys would be gym teachers if not for football and the majority of these guys are dumber than sh**. But hey, GBR!

That is hilarious. Majority of coaches are dumber than poop? Wow! That was quite the educational post. Wish you posted more often with all this wisdom you have instead of just keeping it to yourself. Please share it with the stupid gym teachers and coaches of the world. We don't know any better.

My point is I don't see a whole lot of coaches with STEM/Finance degrees which open up a ton of employment opportunities. Putting all your eggs in the coaching basket seems like a big risk seeing as that it is a boom or bust industry. People can obviously be successful yet not be intelligent (my opinion) and I commend their ability to get to the top of a hyper competitive space The 99% comment was over the top and in retrospect, a mistake.

Those are salaries that more than adequately compensate for the long hours and getting fired.

But coaching salaries, particularly for college football, are spiraling out of control.

Am I literally alone in thinking that most college football coaches are over-paid?

Yep. A college Coach can do more for a university that any other single person than works there. Saban is probably worth double what he is being paid. Bama enrollment, especially out of state, has sky rocketed since he has been Coach. Same deal with high schools. There are a couple dominant program in my area and the schools can get whatever they want from the community with bond issues bc people love that school/program.

I agree with this and would argue that Nick Saban is actually underpaid for the value he brings to the University of Alabama.

I agree with this and would argue that Nick Saban is actually underpaid for the value he brings to the University of Alabama.

Same for Jim Harbaugh. Highest paid coach in CFB but how much publicity and revenue has he brought Michigan's way? I'm willing to bet more than he is being paid by a fair margin

While these coaches may not be geniuses in math, science, or finance, they are probably pretty smart in their chosen field, which is football. Do people have a problem with investment bankers or Wall Street guys making hundreds of thousands of dollars per year? College football coaches do just as much work as those guys, and like those guys are near the top of their profession.

Simply put, if you have a skill that is near the top of your field, or produces lots of money (like sales), then you are going to get paid quite a bit of money, and I don't see the issue with that. Being better than people at your profession should be rewarded.

Just because 10,000 people jump off of a cliff, doesn't make it right.

Just because one person didn't jump off of a cliff doesn't make it wrong either.

Did that happen?

Did that happen?

Sure, just ask Trump or his spokesperson Kelly Anne Conway, they'll tell you all about it.

:P

Ehhh, at least they get a buyout if they get fired. I'm a capitalist so I'm all for making as much money for oneself as possible. That being said, 99% of these guys would be gym teachers if not for football and the majority of these guys are dumber than sh**. But hey, GBR!

That is hilarious. Majority of coaches are dumber than poop? Wow! That was quite the educational post. Wish you posted more often with all this wisdom you have instead of just keeping it to yourself. Please share it with the stupid gym teachers and coaches of the world. We don't know any better.

My point is I don't see a whole lot of coaches with STEM/Finance degrees which open up a ton of employment opportunities. Putting all your eggs in the coaching basket seems like a big risk seeing as that it is a boom or bust industry. People can obviously be successful yet not be intelligent (my opinion) and I commend their ability to get to the top of a hyper competitive space The 99% comment was over the top and in retrospect, a mistake.

So what do you think about actors? Outside of Hedley Lamar (the actress, not the poster), who developed the concept needed for guided missiles and cell phone technology during WWII, who else is a educated actor?

So what do you think about actors? Outside of Hedley Lamar (the actress, not the poster), who developed the concept needed for guided missiles and cell phone technology during WWII, who else is a educated actor?

A lot of the top actors actually attended very prestigious universities.

Did that happen?

Sure, just ask Trump or his spokesperson Kelly Anne Conway, they'll tell you all about it.

:P

Must be the same 10,000 that were going to move out of the country when Trump was elected - funny how not one of those dumb a**es have tweeted how they love their new country now that they moved.