ICE Crackdown

The entire ICE crackdown issue is one that everyone needs to take a deep breath and calm down about. All of a sudden every raid ICE goes on is being blown up as Trump's gestapo attacking poor innocent victims.

Now...it's strange for me to be defending anything under the Trump administration. But, ICE raids have occurred under every President since I can remember and they will continue to happen....as they should in certain circumstances.

• Fire 6

And, while the circumstances may cause some to cry foul, the individual in the court house had been deported numerous times and also had a record. so, the agents involved were doing what they are employed to do, enforce the the law, what a concept!

• Fire 4

Why is it so hard to become a legal American citizen?

My ex wife has a friend that dated and married and illegal Hispanic but did go through the process to become an American citizen but I'm not sure how long that process took.

That's an interesting topic to me. I wish I could be walked through the process by (several) people who have gone through it.

I recently looked into the process of gaining Canadian citizenship out of curiosity. Just trying to wrap my head around if/why people might enter Canada illegally. What the legal and/or illegal incentives are when choosing.... I eventually gave up because I was on my phone, so it was difficult to sort out and navigate. Definitely an interesting subject though.

Ultimately I got fed up trying to navigate in my phone and decided that of I ever left this country I would do so legally regardless of the process, so ijust can't wrap my head around why illegal immigration is a problem to begin with. It makes no sense to me.

My ex wife has a friend that dated and married and illegal Hispanic but did go through the process to become an American citizen but I'm not sure how long that process took.

That's an interesting topic to me. I wish I could be walked through the process by (several) people who have gone through it.

I recently looked into the process of gaining Canadian citizenship out of curiosity. Just trying to wrap my head around if/why people might enter Canada illegally. What the legal and/or illegal incentives are when choosing.... I eventually gave up because I was on my phone, so it was difficult to sort out and navigate. Definitely an interesting subject though.

Ultimately I got fed up trying to navigate in my phone and decided that of I ever left this country I would do so legally regardless of the process, so ijust can't wrap my head around why illegal immigration is a problem to begin with. It makes no sense to me.

I've heard and maybe read it somewhere that becoming a legal Canadian citizen was much longer or harder when compared to the United States process

But not sure if that's true or not

It's a much harder process for individuals that aren't married to an American citizen. I know someone from New Zealand going to school here that concluded his only shot at American citizenship was through marriage because of how slim his chances were in the green card lottery system.

I've heard and maybe read it somewhere that becoming a legal Canadian citizen was much longer or harder when compared to the United States process

But not sure if that's true or not

For one thing you already must have a job within Canada if you wish to become a citizen, I don't think that's a requirement here.

But it takes so long for the smae reasons you want refugees vetted. We want to let the good productive ones in and keep the bad ones out.

A guy I work with, his wife is Mexican, and it took her almost 2 years to get here legally. She was pretty pissed at Obama for his EO.

Undocumented immigrants who commit violent crimes should be deported. You'll get no argument from me there.

I refuse, however, to sit down and shut up if they're going to use tactics like the bottom story I linked. Waiting around outside a church hypothermia clinic to profile people because they're brown and use it as an excuse to check their criminal history on the spot? That's a pretty wide net they're casting there, and borderline discriminatory to me. I don't like that good Americans like the green card guy in that story are getting harassed on the spot and checked. That seems an awful lot like the Mexican version of the stop and frisk to me.

DeWiz, our immigration system regarding Mexico is broken. Particularly whether we provide a path to citizenship to the productive undocumented people or just kick them out.

Again, I'd point out that the vast majority of illegal immigrants commit crime at lower rates than other Americans, and contribute large positive effects to the economy. Deporting them makes no sense to me.

• Fire 2

My company helped a guy become a citizen who came from Brazil. It was a legal nightmare that took at least a couple years to accomplish. It is much harder than it needs to be. I know of a situation with someone coming from Canada that experienced the same thing.

One part of it that just is a stupid step that makes no sense. Once everything is completely (at least you think so) accomplished, you have to physically leave the country and then reenter at a border crossing. WTF??? The Canadian I knew lived in Louisiana. So, she had to drive to southern border of Texas, cross the border and then come back in. Stuff like that just pisses me off.

I also know of a woman who came to the US from Mexico with her parents when she was a baby. She had to go back and provide documentation that she is who she says she is. She had to actually find people who were present when she was born and knew her mother and father to document it.