Cabela's / Bass Pro

I've seen some nice stuff at Bass Pro, but Cabela's might be a better fit, being Nebraska based and all.

Cabelas probably won't be around very much longer, given that Bass Pro is in the midst of acquiring them.

They're keeping the Cabela name, and all that. From what I've read, you're not going to see much of a change from the Cabela's you've seen in the past. I've lived in SW MO for most of my life, so I'm a Bass Pro guy.

I've seen some nice stuff at Bass Pro, but Cabela's might be a better fit, being Nebraska based and all.

Cabelas probably won't be around very much longer, given that Bass Pro is in the midst of acquiring them.

They're keeping the Cabela name, and all that. From what I've read, you're not going to see much of a change from the Cabela's you've seen in the past. I've lived in SW MO for most of my life, so I'm a Bass Pro guy.

Sounds like the deal is falling apart.

Really? Hadn't heard that. Of course, I haven't read anything on it in a month or so.

Really? Hadn't heard that. Of course, I haven't read anything on it in a month or so.

That's interesting that the deal is falling apart. There is a Cabela's retail store that is near my neighborhood here in north Denver suburbs, so I would like to see that store stay open. I don't go shopping there much, but it's a good retail presence in the area and brings tax dollars to the city I live in.

If the deal does go through, I am interested in how the 2 brands/retail stores will co-exist. There are 2 Cabela's and 1 Bass Pro stores in the Denver area. I think the one near my house gets a lot of business from Northern Colorado and Wyoming residents that make the trip down I-25.

I hadn't heard that until yesterday. But a co-worker has a sister that works at Cabela's in Sidney and it sounds like it was off.

Quick Google search found this.

I don't think the plan was to close many of the retail stores - at leas not in the short term. Mainly consolidating management and possibly a few stores that were direct competitors with each other.

I hadn't heard that until yesterday. But a co-worker has a sister that works at Cabela's in Sidney and it sounds like it was off.

I don't think the plan was to close many of the retail stores - at leas not in the short term. Mainly consolidating management and possibly a few stores that were direct competitors with each other.

I'm surprised Cabela's didn't see that as a problem before. Sometimes the lack of business acumen within these large companies is baffling.

I'm surprised Cabela's didn't see that as a problem before. Sometimes the lack of business acumen within these large companies is baffling.

I think it's just the opposite. They have very similar customer bases so they thought it would be easy to manage both. My comment about direct competitors would be if there was a Cabela's directly across the parking lot from a Bass Pro, they probably wouldn't need both.

I think it's just the opposite. They have very similar customer bases so they thought it would be easy to manage both. My comment about direct competitors would be if there was a Cabela's directly across the parking lot from a Bass Pro, they probably wouldn't need both.

Oh, I see what you meant now. Even so, If the two stores are that closely in proximity it'd be foolish to pay two sets of employees, insurances, bills, etc.

Edit: Nevermind, I think we agree. It's 11am, and somehow I'm still not awake :lol:

• Fire 1

Oh, I see what you meant now. Even so, If the two stores are that closely in proximity it'd be foolish to pay two sets of employees, insurances, bills, etc.

Edit: Nevermind, I think we agree. It's 11am, and somehow I'm still not awake :lol:

It just depends if multiple stores in a market can co-exist. For example, in the Denver area, there are 2 Cabela's and 1 Bass Pro. They each about 15-20 miles from each other. I am not sure if the Denver market provides enough demand for all 3 stores to survive, but given where they are located, I don't see much cannibalization if the stores were operating under 1 corporate umbrella. All of that would depend on the individual markets and where the stores are located in relation to each other.

EDIT: Plus, I am sure you have consumers who are brand loyal and prefer to shop at Cabela's vs. Bass Pro, and vice versa.

It just depends if multiple stores in a market can co-exist. For example, in the Denver area, there are 2 Cabela's and 1 Bass Pro. They each about 15-20 miles from each other. I am not sure if the Denver market provides enough demand for all 3 stores to survive, but given where they are located, I don't see much cannibalization if the stores were operating under 1 corporate umbrella. All of that would depend on the individual markets and where the stores are located in relation to each other.

EDIT: Plus, I am sure you have consumers who are brand loyal and prefer to shop at Cabela's vs. Bass Pro, and vice versa.

Brand loyalty is exactly why Bass Pro decided to keep the Cabela name. Although, I have to wonder if Cabela loyalists have ever been in a Bass Pro. Ha!