Mavric

QB Isaiah Williams [Illinois Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. To which school will Willimas commit?

• Nebraska
    • Missouri
    • Texas
    • Oklahoma
    • Alabama
    • Michigan
    • Oregon
    • Illinois

Player: Isaiah Williams
Hometown: Saint Louis, Missouri
School: Trinity Catholic
Position: Athlete
Height: 5-10
Weight: 160
40 time:
Offers: Bowling Green, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Memphis, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Syracuse, Texas, Wisconsin
Visits:

Twitter

247 Composite: #35 Overall; #3 ATH; .9803; :star:star:star:star 

Rivals: #34 Overall; #7 ATH;  :star:star:star:star
247: #51 Overall; #3 ATH; :star:star:star:star
ESPN:

Hudl

This school is loaded with talent. They are a 2A school which is the 2nd smallest in Missouri and have about 5 or 6, 4 star kids on the roster.

This school is loaded with talent. They are a 2A school which is the 2nd smallest in Missouri and have about 5 or 6, 4 star kids on the roster.

2nd smallest..? Did you mean largest? I hear that and I'm thinking the difference between class B and class D football in Nebraska... couldn't imagine that kind of talent on a class D team lol!

2nd smallest..? Did you mean largest? I hear that and I'm thinking the difference between class B and class D football in Nebraska... couldn't imagine that kind of talent on a class D team lol!
probably closer to C-2 but that's correct

probably closer to C-2 but that's correct
Class 2 out of 6 and they lost the state title game to the little farm town that has won 6 straight state titles by 2 scores

Was at the St. Louis camp yesterday. Worked with both Williams. We told him he could play several different spots.

He plays QB now. Has never played DB.

He has 42 offers. No other visits planned. Not planning on working on recruiting much until after this football season.

One of the perks of being a private school

This kid is a star and he is in our region. These are the type of players we have to secure to go from contenders in the west to contenders for a playoff spot. 

Illinois just hired his head coach from Trinity Catholic to coach TE's for him.  Bold move by Lovie, but should definitely help in the recruitment of this loaded private school that recruits the top players in St. Louis.  Also should in general help Illinois get into St. Louis for kids. 

21 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Illinois just hired his head coach from Trinity Catholic to coach TE's for him.  Bold move by Lovie, but should definitely help in the recruitment of this loaded private school that recruits the top players in St. Louis.  Also should in general help Illinois get into St. Louis for kids

how in the hell did they ever go away from recruiting st. louis? part of the greater metro area is in illinois.

makes the struggles of illinois basketball and football teams all the more puzzling with chicago and st louis to recruit from.

So Illinois has had quite a few CB's come in for this kid, including Wilt.. Could be over reaction to him unofficially visiting there and attending Jr day last month but timing seems like there might be something to this.

I know most people, myself included, think Beason's commitment won't stick but with Williams strongly considering Illinois do we need to start worrying about Lovie Smith?

4 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

So Illinois has had quite a few CB's come in for this kid, including Wilt.. Could be over reaction to him unofficially visiting there and attending Jr day last month but timing seems like there might be something to this.

I know most people, myself included, think Beason's commitment won't stick but with Williams strongly considering Illinois do we need to start worrying about Lovie Smith?

His HS coach was hired by Lovie.

1 minute ago, ADS said:

His HS coach was hired by Lovie.

Well that explains it.. smart move by Lovie. Hire a HS coach that came from a school with a TON of talent. Not good for us IMO. 

Maybe they'll go 4-8 and all those talented 4 and 5* players will decommit.. sound familiar?

1 minute ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Well that explains it.. smart move by Lovie. Hire a HS coach that came from a school with a TON of talent. Not good for us IMO. 

Maybe they'll go 4-8 and all those talented 4 and 5* players will decommit.. sound familiar?

Smart move, but I dont think the guy is a very good coach.  Team underachieves for the amount of talent they have had.  I guess it is worth a shot by Lovie, but they are going to have to show progress and be somewhat competitive on the field for any of this to stick.  

1 hour ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Well, this might not be as bad as it seems.  Kansas tried something similar when they Tony Hull who was a big time coach in Louisiana to help them build a pipeline.  It appears that thus far it's paid ok dividends as they were able to snag Mike Lee who is a really solid DB.  I do remember that they had a rush of guys commit from LA but it appears that most of them backed off.  As a couple of other folks have mentioned, on the field production still matters quite a bit.

Williams and Beason are really good friends also.  Calvin Avery was pretty much the lead recruiter for Beason and is also helping with Williams.  Lovie said he will let Williams play QB, which is what he wants to do in college.  We are the only other team that said he could play QB also.  Other schools are recruiting him as a WR or DB.   

Former Nebraska QB commit AJ Bush has transferred to Illinois. He is counted toward their 2019 recruiting class - possibly could see PT or start vs Nebraska when they play in Lincoln in November 

6 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Former Nebraska QB commit AJ Bush has transferred to Illinois. He is counted toward their 2019 recruiting class - possibly could see PT or start vs Nebraska when they play in Lincoln in November 

so, his college career will be over by the time his scholarship counts against them? or do you mean 2018?

and what does his transferring to illinois have to do with isaiah williams? aj bush does have his own thread somewhere about his transfers.

41 minutes ago, desertshox said:

so, his college career will be over by the time his scholarship counts against them? or do you mean 2018?

and what does his transferring to illinois have to do with isaiah williams? aj bush does have his own thread somewhere about his transfers.

Illinois had already filled its 25 scholarships for the Class of 2018, so Bush will join Illinois as a blueshirt, meaning he could not officially be recruited (Illinois could not host him for an official visit or visit him in home) and will not be able to participate in team activities until late in the summer. He will be put on scholarship after the first day of fall practice and will count toward the Class of 2019. 

Wasn't aware there was an AJ Bush transfer thread. He used to play here and Williams is possibly leaning towards Illinois playing QB. Didn't want to make a new thread on this tidbit 

17 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I don't know if this means a top 5 type of video, or a commitment video. 

Could be a highlight video

Imagine thinking that playing for Lovie Smith is a good idea.

Smith got the "ok" from AD Whitman to pretty much blow up the program...and he has.  He sacrificed years 1 and 2 for this and so far it looks like with this class it might be working.  I don't see it working to the point of being some amazing team but I can see them ending up like they were under Zook.

Illinois

ADS,seaofred92,Wunderkind,Mavric,Young Grand Island Husker,The Murphinator,KazLongDrives300,SkerLover95,Treand3,yort2000,Head Coach Scott Frost,swmohusker,Warrior10,sho,CMT1525,Thanks_Tom RR,HS_Coach_C,Scott Tenorman,Waldo,molsen,FaithfulHusker,Roger Dorn,HuskerNBigD,LumberJackSker,WVhuskerXX,TherealTomOsborne,Snowbird,Dr. Strangelove,husker_fan_from_sweden