** 2017 Opponent Previews: Arkansas State (Game 1) **

Saunders

How's the confidence level in Tanner Lee?

Is the transition to the 3-4 going to be a big help for the Blackshirts?

He is the round peg for the round hole we have been missing, that's the idea anyways.

Any change on defense should be an improvement. They should be faster and give up less big plays.

• Fire 1

How Tanner Lee and the defense perform are the million dollar questions. Lots of positive comments about both coming out of practices. Husker fans are hopeful, but we won't know until the games.

• Fire 1

If you haven't seen a preview, I will tell you, we're replacing all five main starters on the OL this fall.

However, it might be the biggest and most athletic bunch we've fielded. Just going to take some time to gel and not sure Lincoln will provide the most conducive environment for that to happen.

• Fire 1

Bojo, what is the environment like for Ark St home games?

Early in the season, pretty good. Nothing near what I'm sure you're used to, but the average crowd is about 25K or more in the early months.

After hunting season or when the weather gets worse, probably closer to 20K.

Still working on perfecting the game management to make the atmosphere the best possible, and if you haven't seen, we're working on adding some personality to the stadium with some water features in the corners of the end zone. (People are calling them waterfalls, or tropical settings, when more likely, they'll be more like the river rapids that are actually pretty common around Arkansas.)

Seriously, we do have a pretty passionate fanbase, just not as big as others.

Bojo, what is the environment like for Ark St home games?

Early in the season, pretty good. Nothing near what I'm sure you're used to, but the average crowd is about 25K or more in the early months.

After hunting season or when the weather gets worse, probably closer to 20K.

Still working on perfecting the game management to make the atmosphere the best possible, and if you haven't seen, we're working on adding some personality to the stadium with some water features in the corners of the end zone. (People are calling them waterfalls, or tropical settings, when more likely, they'll be more like the river rapids that are actually pretty common around Arkansas.)

Seriously, we do have a pretty passionate fanbase, just not as big as others.

Great stuff. More visiting fans should be like you.

• Fire 3

I think most fans are cautiously optimistic. Lee has gotten rave reviews from outside press as well as the local press and he showed well in the Spring Game. Problem is, every year we have a Spring Game hero and the offensive scheme will be taking the final step to the pro scheme MR likes and fans are still mixed IMO on the results so far, so there is some hesitation to fully buy in.

The word on the D is that the back 4 should be stout, MLB is good to go, and we have a couple of players at 1 OLB spot that look to be play makers. The question is about the weak side OLB and how will our DL hold up. There is a fair bit of talent on the DL, but some fans are cautious that maybe we don't have all of the right player types for a 3-4 DL. That being said, I think we all feel confident in the Coordinator and the scheme install has been very smooth thus far by all reports so I think many are confident the D will be better this year, it wasn't bad last year just had some fall off at the end of the year and an embarrassment at OSU.

I think most fans are cautiously optimistic. Lee has gotten rave reviews from outside press as well as the local press and he showed well in the Spring Game. Problem is, every year we have a Spring Game hero and the offensive scheme will be taking the final step to the pro scheme MR likes and fans are still mixed IMO on the results so far, so there is some hesitation to fully buy in.

The word on the D is that the back 4 should be stout, MLB is good to go, and we have a couple of players at 1 OLB spot that look to be play makers. The question is about the weak side OLB and how will our DL hold up. There is a fair bit of talent on the DL, but some fans are cautious that maybe we don't have all of the right player types for a 3-4 DL. That being said, I think we all feel confident in the Coordinator and the scheme install has been very smooth thus far by all reports so I think many are confident the D will be better this year, it wasn't bad last year just had some fall off at the end of the year and an embarrassment at OSU.

Sounds like our biggest offensive question mark will go against your biggest defensive question mark.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...