** 2017 Opponent Previews: Arkansas State (Game 1) **

Saunders

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:39 AM, asuato said:

AstateNation.com would have been a much better resource than Rivals. There are several professional beat writers on staff there who follow the team closely. First to correct a statement by Luke Ferguson; he stated the QB spot was still undecided when in fact Coach Anderson said after the spring the job solidly belonged to Justice Hansen, the transfer from OU who led the team last year and solidly improved during spring practices.

Luke Matheson. Luke Ferguson is the long graduated kicker.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:40 AM, teachercd said:

Bojo, what is the environment like for Ark St home games?

That's actually been an evolving answer.

Used to be a small diehard faction and some looky loos who would make a game or two each year when the weather was perfect. Our previous AD wasn't great at his job but he did push tailgating when we really had nothing else to sell. Diehards complained that road games were more fun because the people willing to cheer were all in the same area.

2004 the NCAA mandated minimum home scheduling and mandated you actually freaking use your allowed scholarships and that set the ball rolling. I remember driving to the stadium on Johnson Ave and couldn't see far down the road because of smoke from tailgate parties. Playing reviled rival Memphis who was #25. They ended up winning on a miracle rally but most of the voters thought they had lost it was so late, so still knocked them SOBs out of the Top 25.

Fan base is a work in progress but getting stronger and louder all the time. Hard thing is breaking old habits. People got used to get freebie tickets and don't like the idea they actually have to pay to see a game or used to comfortably waiting until game day to see if the weather is good and buy at the window, there are going to be some flipping out because they refuse to listen to the warnings that gameday tickets now carry a premium and will cost more than advance purchase.

The suites, club seats, and loge boxes all having waiting lists, but we struggle to move the cheap seats.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, Decked said:

5'5? Jesus that dude is gonna get smoked. Big Mick could eat that little fella!

At a signing day reception, one fan said to Coach Anderson, "I just wish he was three inches taller". Coach said "No you don't he'd be in the Big XII".

Crazy thing is, he's the best pass blocking RB among those with experience and he trucks a couple people every year. He's just an incredible mass of muscle. Not a little breakaway guy at all.

4 hours ago, arkstfan said:

At a signing day reception, one fan said to Coach Anderson, "I just wish he was three inches taller". Coach said "No you don't he'd be in the Big XII".

Crazy thing is, he's the best pass blocking RB among those with experience and he trucks a couple people every year. He's just an incredible mass of muscle. Not a little breakaway guy at all.

As long as you are winning, he's fun to watch. If you're losing, "Can't somebody tackle that little guy?" 

As ArkStFan said, he's not going 80, but he might break four 20-yarders, just by slipping through holes and not taking a full on shot from a defender. We don't have a breakaway threat at RB (that we know of) but we have a bunch of slasher types who can bust chunks of 12-25 yards. We're anxious to see how the new OL impacts the RBs, they might look great if the OL is better.

Just now, ADS said:

Is Dee Liner going to play?  Thought he was hurt.

All the coaches seem hopeful that he may make it back. I can say that the last two times I got to practice, that the difference between the first and second day was extreme. He was much more mobile and doing a lot more stuff. I would think they would make a call on it by Thursday, so you may see him listed on the depth chart still.

• Plus1 1