Tim Miles Has Improved Huskers, Admin Should Look At Itself Before Denying Him Sixth Year (Barfknecht)

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/barfknecht-tim-miles-has-improved-huskers-and-the-administration-should/article_2a78dbb4-f8af-11e6-a8de-1300d58dcdf8.html

"It’s time to end the needless and often reckless speculation about Nebraska basketball coach Tim Miles’ job status, and not just because the Huskers are on a two-game winning streak.

Based on the evidence, only a damn fool would deny Miles a sixth season now — which, of course, hardly precludes it from happening.

I asked NU Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst if he wanted to take the topic off the table by saying Miles will be back. Eichorst declined.

Two key things to consider in a potential coaching change are talent (on hand and in the pipeline) and public interest in the program.

If recruiting rankings are your thing, Nebraska is set to have nine players on next season’s roster who were ranked on someone’s national Top 150 list coming out of high school.

I prefer two other tests: what my eyes tell me and who else seriously wanted a recruit."

• Fire 1

Mavric, when is the last time you posted something that put any coach at Nebraska under a positive light? It just feels like you are against every coach at Nebraska right now.

That's because you choose to ignore my other posts.

if you could list 2 examples that would make some of us happy!!!

• Fire 1

I don't follow the basketball program very closely at all but it seems it would be pretty hard to not place a lot of the blame for the lack of results at the feet of Boehm. He has been the one constant in a very long span of bball blehh at NU.

My other thought is, this idea that 5 year contracts and another half mill in coach salary will make a difference is laughable. If a guy can't produce results with a four year contract and over $2M in salary, sorry but there are issues other than contract amount and length. Not saying Miles shouldn't be given another year as coach, just saying that an extension to 5 years and more $$'s won't change anything.

Mavric, when is the last time you posted something that put any coach at Nebraska under a positive light? It just feels like you are against every coach at Nebraska right now.

That's because you choose to ignore my other posts.

if you could list 2 examples that would make some of us happy!!!

No it won't.

• Fire 1

I will admit I was probably ready for Miles to be gone after the non conference schedule, but I lean more towards him having another year now. McVeigh, a guy I had previously given up on at the beginning of the season has basically proven me wrong and I think he could become the deadly outside shooter for us. And when you add Watson and Tshmimanga, I see good upside to this team. The heck with it, give Miles another year.

• Fire 1